Cas trip to Aussie......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Cas trip to Aussie......

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 15 Nov 2017, 14:24

Just been reading about the whinos and their options for the fans to travel down under and watch their team play Melbourne. 2 options both reasonably priced. All set up rather quickly and on sale already.

Cant wait for Cas to put theirs out. Will be a chance of a lifetime trip. Might have to miss the Few game though to save up a bit.
Last edited by Lofthouse Tiger on 15 Nov 2017, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.

ellsswfctiger

Re: Cas trip to Aussie......

Post by ellsswfctiger » 15 Nov 2017, 14:27

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Just been reading about the whinos and their options for the fans to travel down under and watch their team play Melbourne. 2 options both reasonably priced. All set up rather quickly and on sale already.

Cant wait for Cas to put theirs out. Will be a chance of a lifetime trip.

I'd rather spend 200k plus clubs travel costs on a fullback or an NRL prop...

it's essentially a friendly is anyone that bothered, i watch the NRL religiously but think of the bigger picture. :hand:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Nov 2017, 14:36

Best you can hope for is next year then. Won't be this year
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 15 Nov 2017, 14:42

I dont think it will be next year either Hudds. Lets hope I am wrong.

I doubt we have 200K to spend on anything never mind a FB or a new Prop. If we do I would have loved to have seen Murdoch-Massila signed for us. But you never know. :dance: :dance:

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 15 Nov 2017, 14:55

Rhinos must be in the fortunate position to self fund this trip. No help from the RL, which would have been the only way for us to go. How does the saying go, the rich get richer. Jealousy from me, would have given me time to win the lottery before February and gone .There I go dreaming again.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 15 Nov 2017, 15:04

fast hands wrote:Rhinos must be in the fortunate position to self fund this trip. No help from the RL, which would have been the only way for us to go. How does the saying go, the rich get richer. Jealousy from me, would have given me time to win the lottery before February and gone .There I go dreaming again.
if leeds can't get a guarantee of money like aussies demand then the whole thing should be scrapped.for it to mean anything it has to be viewed equally by rfl and nrl.If we won grand final next year i'd rather let the whole concept go than be held to ransom.

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 15 Nov 2017, 15:32

Leeds haven't paid a penny for it. Melbourne are paying all the expenses. Gary Hetherington said it in one of the papers.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 15 Nov 2017, 15:35

PSTiger wrote:Leeds haven't paid a penny for it. Melbourne are paying all the expenses. Gary Hetherington said it in one of the papers.
But don't we have to guarantee a certain amount to the aussies?are leeds getting the same?

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 15 Nov 2017, 16:32

Bramley Tiger wrote:
PSTiger wrote:Leeds haven't paid a penny for it. Melbourne are paying all the expenses. Gary Hetherington said it in one of the papers.
But don't we have to guarantee a certain amount to the aussies?are leeds getting the same?
This is from Gary Carters article said by Hetherington- “There’s an arrangement in place, an agreement between the NRL and Super League. We provide for them when they come to England, they reciprocate when we go over there.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 15 Nov 2017, 17:58

Didn't think this was still a possibility but, if it is, let's hope common sense prevails and we leave well alone.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 15 Nov 2017, 18:08

ellsswfctiger wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Just been reading about the whinos and their options for the fans to travel down under and watch their team play Melbourne. 2 options both reasonably priced. All set up rather quickly and on sale already.

Cant wait for Cas to put theirs out. Will be a chance of a lifetime trip.

I'd rather spend 200k plus clubs travel costs on a fullback or an NRL prop...

it's essentially a friendly is anyone that bothered, i watch the NRL religiously but think of the bigger picture. :hand:
Exactly. Total waste of time and cash imo.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 15 Nov 2017, 20:30

Thing that severely Wees me off is that Melbourne had no intention of competing in such a game when they thought it would be against us, and neither the RL or any other association were bovvered.
Audacter Et Sincere

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 15 Nov 2017, 20:56

I don't think Melbourne are too bothered about playing Leeds either to be honest. They have arranged another trial game (against NZ Warriors) on the same weekend as the WCC against Rhino's. Splitting the squad between the two games - a bit like we do when we have the annual away friendly against York.