Another Friendly Added...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Another Friendly Added...

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Nov 2017, 18:59

To add to Featherstone and Leeds, we're also playing Newcastle Thunder in Newcastle. http://www.thunderrugby.co.uk/on-field/ ... -friendly/

Fixtures currently:

Boxing Day - Featherstone (H) - 1pm kick off
Sunday 21st January - Leeds (H) - 3pm Kick Off
Saturday 27th January - Newcastle (A) - 5pm kick off
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

ellsswfctiger

Re: Another Friendly Added...

Post by ellsswfctiger » 14 Nov 2017, 12:14

not looking forward to a session in newcastle.

said no one ever ;) :lol:

Alwayscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Alwayscas » 14 Nov 2017, 15:15

Will be their biggest crowd of season

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 17 Nov 2017, 15:08

We have now officially linked up with Newcastle Thunder as a partner club in a similar deal as we have with Halifax RLFC. Here :-

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=5729

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Nov 2017, 16:58

one thing about we have two clubs for any one not playing in the first team to get match practice at the start of the session we have an abundance of players before any injury's bite, young Fitsimmons as been transferred this week to Newcastle a good player but not got the size for super league, best of luck young fella

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Nov 2017, 18:22

Can see our first-team players going to Halifax and our young kids going to Newcastle.

Reckon Trueman will end up at Newcastle to give him game time and first team experience.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 Nov 2017, 18:27

Would you not think Trueman is good enough for a run in Championship Hudds? I reckon he is better than Newcastle standards.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Nov 2017, 18:30

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Would you not think Trueman is good enough for a run in Championship Hudds? I reckon he is better than Newcastle standards.
He's played one game and while he played well, he's got to get first team experience. I think Newcastle gives him the chance to learn how to control a team and build confidence in that. It's also a chance to see him across a season. Different to playing in 1 game to playing in 20-25 a season.

He can then spend 2019 at Championship level with Halifax and take it to the next level, testing himself, with a view to taking over at half-back when Roberts retires (he'll be 34/35 in 2020 season)

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Nov 2017, 09:35

no disrespect intended , but the standard of rugby played in league one is hardly any better than that played by our local amateur sides, watch when they are drawn away in the challenge cup, a few get turned over last year Siddle nearly beat the high flying Toronto, last year Normanton Knights had 3 of our players playing for Oxford 2 got disillusioned and came back before the session was over

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 18 Nov 2017, 12:38

If we needed Trueman back due to injury then stepping in to a SL team from Newcastle would be a big step up in quality and pace. Surely at least a Championship top 4 side would be better for Trueman?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 18 Nov 2017, 15:55

Newcastle are probably on a par with our 19's, Jake is too good for that. Halifax would be perfect for him in my opinion. I reckon if we send him to Newcastle we'll lose him. I'm not a big fan of wrapping talented youngsters in cotton wool, if they are good enough they are old enough. Trueman should go to Halifax on a month by month basis and be able to step into our first team if needed

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Nov 2017, 17:01

Trueman would benefit with playing with a championship side I am a fan of his half back partner Mc Lelland there was talk that this lad was leaving but I have not seen anything official

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 18 Nov 2017, 17:12

gateman wrote:one thing about we have two clubs for any one not playing in the first team to get match practice at the start of the session we have an abundance of players before any injury's bite, young Fitsimmons as been transferred this week to Newcastle a good player but not got the size for super league, best of luck young fella
I can remember our club saying that burrows was to small for S/L?

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 18 Nov 2017, 18:34

Oldcasman wrote:
gateman wrote:one thing about we have two clubs for any one not playing in the first team to get match practice at the start of the session we have an abundance of players before any injury's bite, young Fitsimmons as been transferred this week to Newcastle a good player but not got the size for super league, best of luck young fella
You'd play Burrow at prop or 2nd row would you?

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 18 Nov 2017, 20:29

PSTiger wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:
Where does it say anything about playing burrows at prop I suggest you try reading the post correctly

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 18 Nov 2017, 21:05

Oldcasman wrote:
PSTiger wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:
Where does it say anything about playing burrows at prop I suggest you try reading the post correctly
Reading it correctly shows that you are comparing Burrow (not Burrows) with Fitzsimmons. To compare them they would have to play similar positions otherwise it is completely pointless.

Weareone

Post by Weareone » 18 Nov 2017, 21:28

gateman wrote:Trueman would benefit with playing with a championship side I am a fan of his half back partner Mc Lelland there was talk that this lad was leaving but I have not seen anything official
Why would anything official be said about him leaving for union he is an u19 player and a few have left and nothing said they only make an official statement if he had a first team number and was a first team player but he is not so nothing official will be announced

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Nov 2017, 09:36

being an avid watcher of the under 19s I was trying to point out that I don't know whether the lad as gone or still with us, I thought McLelland would have some sort of contract with him playing with the under 19S,

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 19 Nov 2017, 13:25

PSTiger wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:
PSTiger wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:
Reading it correctly shows that you are comparing Burrow (not Burrows) with Fitzsimmons. To compare them they would have to play similar positions otherwise it is completely pointless.
Not comparing burrow to anyone the statement being made is that cas thought he was to small for the game again read the post correctly

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 19 Nov 2017, 14:14

Not comparing burrow to anyone the statement being made is that cas thought he was to small for the game again read the post correctly[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
You didn't make a statement you used a question mark which implies in the context of the discussion that you are comparing the players.