Looking forward with anticipation

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
jackknife
Verified

Re: Looking forward with anticipation

Post by jackknife » 12 Nov 2017, 18:25

Casmoley wrote:
jackknife wrote:
Casmoley wrote:Warrington - spend big every year, doesn't mean it'll work.
Wigan - haven't improved for me but a few blokes returning from long injuries
Sts - some strong additions but a few players linked with NRL, will do well to keep hold of them after the world cup.
Hull - look weaker for me.
KR - will look to survive.
Salford - look a lot weaker
Huddersfield - no improvement
Catalan - like Salford going backwards
Leeds - not improved for me
Widnes - awful recruitment every year
wakey - seem to improve every year, can they keep it up?

We need to take into account it's a world cup year, plenty of players late for pre season, probably meaning more injuries during the season so a big squad is essential. I remember this time last year Powell saying it was the best pre season we've had. currently he's in Oz, as in Shez, along with 4 players and a physio. Also all the grand final playing squad still not back for pre season.
Do you think we have improved our squad? I dont. Wigan Warrington and sts all had bad seasons last year and to some affect so did leeds, if and its a big if those teams get back to how we expect them to play i think they'll overtake us.

point being I don't think anyone has other than Warrington spending the big bucks.
You said yourself wigan will have key players back from injury like manfredi n leului and rat boy will no doubt be better with a full pre season, same with sts new coach n barba gettin good pre season together. Imo we have lost an awful lot losing Hardaker and i think that will show next season.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 12 Nov 2017, 18:27

we have lost the best full bsck in the country, simple. But that's not down to us, plus recruitment starts way ahead of grand final week when we found out about Zak and if there isn't many full bsck options what can you do?

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 12 Nov 2017, 18:36

Casmoley wrote:we have lost the best full bsck in the country, simple. But that's not down to us, plus recruitment starts way ahead of grand final week when we found out about Zak and if there isn't many full bsck options what can you do?
Im simply saying we haven't improved and others have. Answering your question of how people could think we wouldn't be in the top 4 next year
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Nov 2017, 18:38

Powell seems to be giving hisen as many options as he can for job of fullback till hardaker returns bit like he did with half back position 2014 think we had seymour sneyd dorn finn ellis and reynolds all in squad then
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Nov 2017, 10:05

No doubt we have lost the best full back in the league, but overhaul I think we have strengthened, Backs out Tom Holmes and Monagan IN Ellis and LO , Forwards out Andy Lynch and Will Mayer IN Wardle Clark Green Douglas back from loan , plus Oliver Holmes could be back fully fit after a season of set backs

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Nov 2017, 09:33

Dont know how to put it on here but there was a good piece in last nights evening post on oli holmes he talked about getting back to training early , the team having there worst game of the year in the grand final, his hopes for next season and staying injury free ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 15 Nov 2017, 22:32

Don’t you all think we should reserve judgement until the club and DP say that’s it. No more signings.

I’m not 100% sure but is there a signing deadline or what’s the norm these days regarding cut off time for signings.

I’m thinking, a couple a week after the World Cup n let’s see.
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Nov 2017, 13:10

I'm a firm believer in looking at the past to see the future and in this case, previous LLS winners may provide some insight! ;)
Spreading the Cas gene pool

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 16 Nov 2017, 13:25

Flat Capper wrote:I'm a firm believer in looking at the past to see the future and in this case, previous LLS winners may provide some insight! ;)
Steady on FC I am sure we are better equipped than previous LLS winners. Look deeper into your crystal ball please, and I am sure you will see a large stadium in both London and Manchester. :-"