What’s happening at cas ?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: What’s happening at cas ?

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Nov 2017, 10:56

Weve got to look to improve on what happened last year not settle fot that being as good as it gets you cant bargin for what happened with zak [REMOVED] happens , i would be dissapointed if we dont sign a good prop thats a area i would have looked at us being able to improve on from last year
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 11 Nov 2017, 12:49

All that has happened is we have lost a full-back that will be hard to replace. If we have to sign a big foraging prop that a lot seem to want, we will have to move a player/s out.
I think most fans,myself included are still feeling sorry for ourselves in the aftermath of losing to the Rhinos in the way we did. When the season starts, and hopefully go on another winning run, we will forget last season ( LLS, Yorks Champions, Grand Finalists)) and my money is going on a Wembley visit, and another trip over to the darkside, although I hate stepping into that stadium (still having bad dreams). Lets as fans, get our act together and start singing from the same hymn sheet. COYF.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 11 Nov 2017, 12:56

fast hands wrote:All that has happened is we have lost a full-back that will be hard to replace. If we have to sign a big foraging prop that a lot seem to want, we will have to move a player/s out.
I think most fans,myself included are still feeling sorry for ourselves in the aftermath of losing to the Rhinos in the way we did. When the season starts, and hopefully go on another winning run, we will forget last season ( LLS, Yorks Champions, Grand Finalists)) and my money is going on a Wembley visit, and another trip over to the darkside, although I hate stepping into that stadium (still having bad dreams). Lets as fans, get our act together and start singing from the same hymn sheet. COYF.
Well said Fast hands. Agree with all of that. :clap:

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 11 Nov 2017, 16:28

Casmoley wrote:
johnson wrote:
Bramley Tiger wrote:Sorry but the OP is right.
I agree the signings we have made don’t get me excited I expected us to kick on but we haven’t-as always I will support those that take the field but I am not expecting a season like we just had - unfortunatly.

I'd love to know how many people expected us to come top and reach a grand final. Before we signed Zak we had signed Egodo, Eden, Igbinedion, JSL. Im sure many of the same people were saying those signings were no good and we wouldn't push on!! Other than Zak the signings we've made this year equal If not better those of last year. To many jumping on the band wagon of us not pushing on.
There wasnt the level of expectation before last season though.

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 Nov 2017, 00:36

Hardaker is irreplacable from what is available so we will continue to feel short changed in that respect. The biggest disappointment is the thing we seemed to lack when we lost games or struggled, which was aggressive go forward and size up front and we haven't addressed that.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 13 Nov 2017, 05:45

Bramley Tiger wrote:
johnson wrote:
I agree the signings we have made don’t get me excited I expected us to kick on but we haven’t-as always I will support those that take the field but I am not expecting a season like we just had - unfortunatly.
exactly m8.i will support the boys when I can no matter what but jeez some people that come on here really do argue that day is night etc.
And your delusions of grandeur are almost laughable.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 13 Nov 2017, 11:35

bane73 wrote:
Bramley Tiger wrote:
johnson wrote:
exactly m8.i will support the boys when I can no matter what but jeez some people that come on here really do argue that day is night etc.
name them?

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 13 Nov 2017, 12:53

Bramley Tiger wrote:
bane73 wrote:
Bramley Tiger wrote:
johnson wrote:
name them?
Wanting to spend silly money on players that aren’t worth it is your main one.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 13 Nov 2017, 15:06

hardly.i would rather promote some of the fringe players we already have than bring back some ex players and sign some barely super league standard forwards.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 13 Nov 2017, 15:23

Bramley Tiger wrote:hardly.i would rather promote some of the fringe players we already have than bring back some ex players and sign some barely super league standard forwards.
You know they aren’t super league standard or you think? There’s a huge difference I dare say. I do agree I’d like to see our fringe players given a chance, and, I suspect they will in the pre season “friendly’s” it’ll all come clearer sooner rather than later though, have faith dear boy.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 13 Nov 2017, 15:29

bane73 wrote:
Bramley Tiger wrote:hardly.i would rather promote some of the fringe players we already have than bring back some ex players and sign some barely super league standard forwards.
You know they aren’t super league standard or you think? There’s a huge difference I dare say. I do agree I’d like to see our fringe players given a chance, and, I suspect they will in the pre season “friendly’s” it’ll all come clearer sooner rather than later though, have faith dear boy.
true m8 and I really hope Darryl can produce his magic again.i have been downbeat on our signings but that will all change when they run out on boxing day and I will support whoever dons our colours.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Nov 2017, 17:58

I will go along with that, to coin a phrase WE ARE STONGER TOGETHER,

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 13 Nov 2017, 18:34

I'm not an avid follower of the goings on at other clubs but I'm not aware of any major signings elsewhere & with both the NRL & Union increasing their salary caps far in excess of ours I think the challenge will actually be to hold on to what we have. For the moment I doubt any SL club is going to be able to find some international calibre FB or prop and all are going to have to concentrate on developing promising youngsters.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 14 Nov 2017, 06:52

Who's wrote that, Steve Gill?

Haha very positive article. Mr Powell, we await your miracles....
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 14 Nov 2017, 07:49

I'd go a bit further and say it's a great read!!

Gave me goosebumps and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!!

Captures most of my thoughts perfectly.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 14 Nov 2017, 10:20

great read, feel better already.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Nov 2017, 10:29

People are counting how many days to Christmas me I am counting the days down to see my beloved CAS running out on the field, get sweet Caroline dusted down I think we are in for a great season, COME ON YE FORD

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 14 Nov 2017, 11:10

I like the part in the article that says players don’t want to leave. In years gone by our top players have signed for other clubs. Kemp to Leeds, C. Smith to saints, T Smith to Wigan, Vowles to Leeds, Orr to Wigan, Shenton to saints, Westermsn to Hull, Clark to Warrington, Chase to Salford. And many more. Now they are staying not 1 of our first choice players from the end of the season have left the club. When was the last time that happened? That to me speaks volumes. The OP says “what’s happening at Cas?” To me it looks like something special.