New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by fords » 11 Aug 2019, 11:11

flow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
lurcher wrote:new crop of corn? it won't be new they're harvesting at this time but you're looking at the wrong part. the farmer still owns some of the land. HTH
Not like that certain poster to be wrong pal :lol:
Lmao what have I being wrong about weres new ground. Said Blair injury not be same player day we signed come true need another half back fullback come true quite expert I would say :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
You said a a crop of corn was being grown, it isn’t. That equates to being wrong. The rest of the drival you put is an opinion and not factual.
Def corn top end off field were part off development is suppose to be. lmao drival it's all come true you no it what's not come true :liar: :-k :liar:

Jesus christ , Harvey sold the land a few years back. They have not planted new crops. If there is any growing it probably come from self seeding.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 Aug 2019, 11:13

HuddsTigers wrote:
flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:INTU also commented that it was down due to outdated retailers who remained relevant and went into CVA or closed down stores.

Their CEO also said “the physical store is not dying, it is evolving”, which is precisely what Axiom offers. Modern day exciting omnichannel retail.
cant be that exiting or construction would be well on way lad
As has been mentioned a few times on here including from Axiom, the biggest factor is Brexit at the moment. That is not necessarily to do with UK-based retailers but also impacting on international retailers looking to open UK based stores for the first time too.
The biggest problem is Primark and M&S have pulled out, the 2 biggest retailers that were going to be on here.

Watch this space

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 11 Aug 2019, 14:19

Pretty sure Landsec are bigger than INTU these days.

Landsec tried to acquire the running of Axiom a year ago too but were promptly told where to stick it.

Also M&S have NOT pulled out, I have weekly meetings with them and Axiom is brought up on average every other week, they still plan on closing J32 and moving staff over, giving the town centre store 2 years to see how trade goes and have asked the Leeds staff who live closer to Cas if they want to transfer as well.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 11 Aug 2019, 15:25

they still plan on closing J32
im confused by this part

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 Aug 2019, 15:40

yorky wrote:
they still plan on closing J32
im confused by this part
The store they have in Freeport will close with them having a big new shiny one at axiom over the road
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 11 Aug 2019, 15:42

ah thanks the machine.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 Aug 2019, 15:49

yorky wrote:ah thanks the machine.
No problem
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 11 Aug 2019, 16:41

TheSheriff wrote:Pretty sure Landsec are bigger than INTU these days.

Landsec tried to acquire the running of Axiom a year ago too but were promptly told where to stick it.

Also M&S have NOT pulled out, I have weekly meetings with them and Axiom is brought up on average every other week, they still plan on closing J32 and moving staff over, giving the town centre store 2 years to see how trade goes and have asked the Leeds staff who live closer to Cas if they want to transfer as well.
As part of the s106 agreement, provision was included to protect both Pontefract and Castleford Town centres. This included a 10year moritorium on certain town centre business's uprooting from the town centres and relocating to the new development. M&S, as part of that agreement have to keep open for 3 years once the development has opened, or 5 years after full planning permission was granted - whichever is the sooner.

As I understand M & S have not pulled out, however they can freely exercise that option if required.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Aug 2019, 16:52

That only relates to the town centre store though, correct?

Not the one at J32. They intended to shut the town centre one all along and they only kept it open due to Axiom/the council agreeing for them to do so through financial provisions.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 11 Aug 2019, 17:04

HuddsTigers wrote:That only relates to the town centre store though, correct?

Not the one at J32. They intended to shut the town centre one all along and they only kept it open due to Axiom/the council agreeing for them to do so through financial provisions.
Correct, not only Castleford town centre, but Pontefract as well. It wasn't an an agreement, more the council insisting on such provision as part of the planning process.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

BoldBeefFlank
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BoldBeefFlank » 26 Aug 2019, 20:33

Just listening to the forty20 podcast and Phil Caplan mentioned that he had heard that the threshold has been reached for the Axiom project to begin construction, hope it's true!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 26 Aug 2019, 20:45

i did hear we were very close but were still waiting on brexit.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Aug 2019, 21:38

But it’s not going to happen. Enough people on here have already told you that 8-[

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 26 Aug 2019, 22:57

:D It’ll ne’er appn!
Audacter Et Sincere

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 27 Aug 2019, 00:37

BoldBeefFlank wrote:Just listening to the forty20 podcast and Phil Caplan mentioned that he had heard that the threshold has been reached for the Axiom project to begin construction, hope it's true!
wow get you fifty pounds bricks out lad and lasses if you bought one fifteen years ago might finally have use :roll: :roll: :roll:

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Aug 2019, 07:47

i bought two for my granddaughters i dont think it was 15 years ago but i might be wrong

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 27 Aug 2019, 10:54

I hope Phil Caplan is right. He is usually good for info and has some good contacts. I'm expecting an announcement any time soon.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 27 Aug 2019, 11:49

gateman wrote:i bought two for my granddaughters i dont think it was 15 years ago but i might be wrong

You are correct it wasn't 15 years ago, I bought mine in February 2011, it just seems that long ago. Hopefully they will get used in the next 2 years, time is passing us older ones by.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 27 Aug 2019, 11:58

sparky49 wrote:
gateman wrote:i bought two for my granddaughters i dont think it was 15 years ago but i might be wrong

You are correct it wasn't 15 years ago, I bought mine in February 2011, it just seems that long ago. Hopefully they will get used in the next 2 years, time is passing us older ones by.
Yes, time is passing, but this morning the news says that I’ll live longer if I’m optimistic so I’m stopping being pessimistic and being optimistic that I live long enough to see it. My glass is now half full.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Aug 2019, 12:03

flow wrote:
BoldBeefFlank wrote:Just listening to the forty20 podcast and Phil Caplan mentioned that he had heard that the threshold has been reached for the Axiom project to begin construction, hope it's true!
wow get you fifty pounds bricks out lad and lasses if you bought one fifteen years ago might finally have use :roll: :roll: :roll:
this news brings fresh worries though, i mean if they aren't building houses on there what will we do with all the homeless people. :roll:
jo brand is eddie warings love child