New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Oct 2017, 13:25

alftupper wrote:We need an intervention here from the Huddstigers to provide some reassurance, maybe along the lines of ‘we will be in the new stadium for the start of the 2014 season’

er, oh hang on...
:dance: :dance: :dance:

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 28 Oct 2017, 16:57

this info about clearing the site came from the other side of the common waky prats up to making mischief.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 28 Oct 2017, 22:37

yorky wrote:
Lateral have taken out a short term loan (to be repaid within 5 years) of upto £1m, where other investment isn’t available
is it normal for a large company like Lateral to borrow money in this way?
Absolutely. Companies like Lateral do not provide the finance themselves. The GH site was not bought by money which came from Lateral.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 28 Oct 2017, 23:33

The alterations to the roads starts within the next few weeks with the roundabout being done first. If the scheme was not going ahead this would have been cancelled as they have to bear the cost.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 29 Oct 2017, 10:15

yorkie1bn wrote:this info about clearing the site came from the other side of the common waky prats up to making mischief.
Jeez, keep up at the back, the OP posted this on page 2.

Quote.
Guys, my initial post came from 2 ardent fans of Cas who are business people (Season Ticket Holders) with successful businesses and not Wakey fans.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Oct 2017, 11:51

lets hope if and when they alter the roads to the proposed ground that they are an improvement my wife and I went by a queue of traffic nearly up to the park gates wanting to go into CAS or Escape they were also queuing to get off the motorway last Friday

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 29 Oct 2017, 13:45

gateman wrote:lets hope if and when they alter the roads to the proposed ground that they are an improvement my wife and I went by a queue of traffic nearly up to the park gates wanting to go into CAS or Escape they were also queuing to get off the motorway last Friday
That's been a concern of mine from day one, it can be a pig of a roundabout getting into Excape at the best of times. I can't imagine what it'll be like on match days when five hundred or a thousand more cars are attempting to get in.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 29 Oct 2017, 13:54

7.45 kick off on Thursday or Friday won't cause queuing from the motorway. Sunday might.

tigers8rhinos

Post by tigers8rhinos » 29 Oct 2017, 16:57

if the queuing on friday was around 1.30 to 3pm times was caused by a lorry breaking down outside mcdonalds freeport thus forcing everyone into 1 lane and backing up onto motorway. i was in it for 30 minutes to go see that thor film wish i had been stuck in it longer might have then saved myself 2 hours of film torture

BCT
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Wheldon Road End - The side bit next to the main stand

Post by BCT » 29 Oct 2017, 17:26

Nu Shooze wrote:
yorky wrote:
Lateral have taken out a short term loan (to be repaid within 5 years) of upto £1m, where other investment isn’t available
is it normal for a large company like Lateral to borrow money in this way?
Absolutely. Companies like Lateral do not provide the finance themselves. The GH site was not bought by money which came from Lateral.
Yeah exactly. Private companies borrow all the time. Tesco or Asda expand they borrow the money to do so.
Cas Until I Die

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 29 Oct 2017, 17:29

thanks for the reassuring answers. lets just hope we see some movement soon.

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 30 Oct 2017, 10:08

Congratulations to the person who started this thread, Nosey Parker has made it his headlines on his page after reading what's been written on here, negativity about Cas again!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 30 Oct 2017, 11:13

mystery wrote:Congratulations to the person who started this thread, Nosey Parker has made it his headlines on his page after reading what's been written on here, negativity about Cas again!

I think the club should have a word in Parker’s ear to stop making head lines via the casforum. It makes him look stupid.

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 30 Oct 2017, 12:13

These rumours come from a lack of information from anyone official. Ok, I gather if there's no actual info to give then it's difficult but even a statement every now and then saying "progress with the new stadium, albeit slow, is ongoing" is better than nothing. Likewise, was there not a guy from Lateral who was on here answering all questions...not heard from him for a long long time?

I know these projects take time, but for 20 years+ now we've seen a merry go round of new stadium plans followed by cancelling the plans, announcing plans to redevelop the Jungle....and on we go.

This is my gut feeling, bearing in mind I still have a flyer somewhere handed out at a Cas game in 1997 saying we are looking at building a ground at Whitwood! I'm prepared to be shot down, I've been saying this for about 4-5 years now but even at this stage I'd like to see Steve Gill, Michael Carter and WMDC sit down and discuss a joint stadium somewhere in Normanton on council land. Put everything behind us, ask Wakefield to cancel any legal action against developers and the council and let's work together with 100% council support and backing. Let's work together to build a basic ground - it doesn't need to be some £100m project with shops and cinemas, theme parks and a branch of Disneyland. Let's have a 10,000-12,000 capacity stadium first and foremost. Keep it simple.

It is demoralising seeing non league football teams like AFC Flyde (who?), AFC Telford (who?), Maidstone United (who?), Scarborough Athletic, Warrington Town (who?) move into new shiny stadiums. Although they are smaller stadiums than Castleford would require, there is no way they are working with a higher budget than Cas. No way whatsoever.

If I sound negative then I apologise. I'm being realistic. And it's frustration at seeing both clubs I love (Cas and York City Knights) playing great rugby but out of dilapidated grounds while struggling to get into new stadiums.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 30 Oct 2017, 12:51

mystery wrote:Congratulations to the person who started this thread, Nosey Parker has made it his headlines on his page after reading what's been written on here, negativity about Cas again!
Not in the league Weekly I read this morning. His lead tale was about Josh Charnley coming back to RL with Warrington.

Underneath that was a tale that Cas are in for Rhys Hanbury from Widnes. At the end of that article he does mention the speculation in this thread about the new stadium but that's all
cum on you Ford

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Oct 2017, 13:29

The Coal Extraction and Mining Activities application to discharge conditions was approved last week.

The timetable stretches from 2017 into 2018 for this. Just looking to see if I can locate details
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 30 Oct 2017, 13:35

HuddsTigers wrote:The Coal Extraction and Mining Activities application to discharge conditions was approved last week.

The timetable stretches from 2017 into 2018 for this. Just looking to see if I can locate details
i get the feeling that its wakefield council that want to get their fingers out ](*,)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Oct 2017, 13:39

OK, so cut and fill earthworks were due to commence in 2017 and will end at the end of 2018.

I would suggest that people being ordered off site is purely for the winter conditions until early Spring.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Oct 2017, 13:43

yorky wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:The Coal Extraction and Mining Activities application to discharge conditions was approved last week.

i get the feeling that its wakefield council that want to get their fingers out ](*,)

All the other conditions have been discharged. There is only one pending application remaining and that's to alter the petrol station to the green/eco-friendly car garage.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 30 Oct 2017, 13:51

There is only one pending application remaining and that's to alter the petrol station to the green/eco-friendly car garage.
That would be the interest from Tesla then Hudds ?

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/models