New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Robbo » 09 Nov 2018, 15:51

HuddsTigers wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:hope you and hudds tiger are right mart fair play you both being unwavering in that it will be built...
I don't know know what will happen. Nobody does. But it's more hope than belief, more for the people that have worked so hard to get a stadium for CTRLFC and to leave a legacy for generations to come.

So many fans have walked through the turnstiles at Wheldon Road over the years crying out for success. The club is the bedrock of the town and the fans deserve to see the club at the top with the very best.

Sadly, it seems there's not a collective will across the district from people with the ability to make it happen to actually get it to happen at the moment. We have every right to be as peed off with WMDC as the Wakefield fans at the moment. Professional sport and sport in general is embarrassing across the district.
Huddesfield you are taking this out on the wrong people. Fake news.
Its not WMDC `s fault.
Make a call to Peter Box ar Denise Jeffery and ask them. Its that simple.
Truth is always best !

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 09 Nov 2018, 15:56

vandeveldtsbaldhead wrote:Why would anyone believe we are moving into a new grond. There is no proof that any work is likely to be carried out in the near future.
So many excuses and reasons why.
Im afraid I dont think it will happen. Winter is approaching, weather would restrict any building for 6 months .(if there was any chance).
We never have any comments from the Club, they would be the first to tell us if there was any movement.
Sorry Wheldon Road here we stay.
Then prepare for the future without super league as we'll be cast aside if that were to happen
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 09 Nov 2018, 15:57

TheSheriff wrote:Let's see, Robbo has always been against this development (because let's be honest, it hurts his shop) and is a well known **** stirrer.

On top of that the sad act Wakey trolls are out in force.

This thread is just about ready to be closed at this point.
Total rubbish.
My site is to be converted to housing and some retail in the years to come.
Not sure how having a match ( mostly when we are closed can bring in business).

I am stating facts like I did when RW put the club a week away from going bust and you all said it was me being petty.

I want it to happen. Will it ? I am now 80/20 against tbh.
The developers are not keeping their part so pop at them not me.
Robbo
Truth is always best !

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 09 Nov 2018, 15:59

When the ground gets built some will still be moaning about something or another, especially them who hold a grudge.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 09 Nov 2018, 17:53

TheSheriff wrote:Let's see, Robbo has always been against this development (because let's be honest, it hurts his shop) and is a well known **** stirrer.

On top of that the sad act Wakey trolls are out in force.

This thread is just about ready to be closed at this point.
Who and where are the Wakey trolls, can't say I've noticed any.

gerin2em

Post by gerin2em » 09 Nov 2018, 19:26

Hi guys, I don't want to sound positive on here because I know that's not the norm, but, 09:00 this morning I got on to the M62 at J 32 to go east bound and there was a white van on the new site near the cabins and 2 guys in hi viz jackets looking and pointing at things. I imagine on a big build like Axium the first thing to happen will be a white van on site and a couple of guys in hi viz jackets looking around and pointing at things. Am I being over optimistic and reading too much into this or could this be the start of something big???

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 09 Nov 2018, 20:19

Frankas wrote:When the ground gets built some will still be moaning about something or another, especially them who hold a grudge.
There is no grudge I want the best for us.
As a sponsor and life member my money and heart are in this.
I am just clearing up it’s not Wakefield’s fault.
Facts not fake news
Robbo
Truth is always best !

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 09 Nov 2018, 21:09

gerin2em wrote:Hi guys, I don't want to sound positive on here because I know that's not the norm, but, 09:00 this morning I got on to the M62 at J 32 to go east bound and there was a white van on the new site near the cabins and 2 guys in hi viz jackets looking and pointing at things. I imagine on a big build like Axium the first thing to happen will be a white van on site and a couple of guys in hi viz jackets looking around and pointing at things. Am I being over optimistic and reading too much into this or could this be the start of something big???
They were still there at lunch time when I went past and the pointing they were doing looked very purposeful and important! :D

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 09 Nov 2018, 22:32

daytona wrote:
gerin2em wrote:Hi guys, I don't want to sound positive on here because I know that's not the norm, but, 09:00 this morning I got on to the M62 at J 32 to go east bound and there was a white van on the new site near the cabins and 2 guys in hi viz jackets looking and pointing at things. I imagine on a big build like Axium the first thing to happen will be a white van on site and a couple of guys in hi viz jackets looking around and pointing at things. Am I being over optimistic and reading too much into this or could this be the start of something big???
They were still there at lunch time when I went past and the pointing they were doing looked very purposeful and important! :D
It was hudds tiger. And robbo only joking lol

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 10 Nov 2018, 00:59

flow wrote:
daytona wrote:
:lol:

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Nov 2018, 07:12

flow wrote:
daytona wrote:

Be very careful flow, you will be Blacklisted. How would you cope with that? [-X [-X

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 10 Nov 2018, 11:03

daytona wrote:

You guys crack me up !!!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Nov 2018, 12:46

Can you imagine the excitement on here if a brick is at some point laid on top of another :dance:
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Nov 2018, 13:31

tigerfeat wrote:Can you imagine the excitement on here if a brick is at some point laid on top of another :dance:
i might just nip down there and do that. :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 10 Nov 2018, 13:33

just passed by the site & nothing has changed since the flags went up.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 10 Nov 2018, 16:12

A friend of mine as been past the ground a few times this week and he says there as been van and a few people on the site this week.You probelly right first think on any site will be surveyers and such.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Nov 2018, 11:02

tigerfeat wrote:hope you and hudds tiger are right mart fair play you both being unwavering in that it will be built...
Axiom failing will have so many bad repercussions including the loss of jobs, taxes to the council, the company that has shelled out millions so far.

Its so far down the line. GMI are close to completing at Thorpe Park, freeing up staff. I don't think it's a coincidence that Thorpe was delayed slightly and we have no one on site. To exist, companies need to go from one to another.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 12 Nov 2018, 11:14

i was also told last week that when the Thorpe park work has finished they would move to the new cas ground site?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Nov 2018, 12:25

yorky wrote:i was also told last week that when the Thorpe park work has finished they would move to the new cas ground site?
I'm not a builder but it makes business sense to use the equipment from one job straight onto another, especially when it's the same type of build.

The similarities, looking at Thorpe and Axiom, are it's design and layout.

There are usually loaded contracts for the build which heavily penalise for a late completion, so it'll be all hands on deck. I'd expect once it starts, for it to fly up.

The road network Is first, so it said. The start of that is the defining moment for me really.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Nov 2018, 11:07

As I've said a few times, I'm still in the 'I'll believe it when I see it camp', however there is a fairly positive post from Philip Lunn on his linkedin account from 28th September, with a comment from him 1 month ago saying they will be on site 'over the coming months'. It might not mean a thing, but as its Axiom related I've put the link below for anyone who wants to look;

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/time-change-philip-lunn/