New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by sirocco7 » 03 Jul 2019, 09:42

flow wrote:
sirocco7 wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:I assume the "never happening" crowd are not going to go to games when it's built?

They will be first in line when it comes to purchasing season tickets !
off cause we will don't get your point to be fare most cas fans have given up on it along time ago just ask people in general around town who don't read stuff on here . Only a few google die hard s on here still believe but god we need them to be right or cant see a future for the club to compete financially at the top.

When Lateral/Axion are still amending planning applications to suit the tenants why would you not still believe it? Each time the application is amended it will come at a significant cost to Lateral. Just because lateral don't release a statement every month with an update it doesn't mean a lot still isn't going on behind the scenes.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Jul 2019, 09:49

Flow is right you ask people around town if they think cas will get a new ground anytime soon 19 out of 20 would laugh and say something like I hope my a..e don't ache till I'm stood in new ground
Must be a sceptical lot in cas ...for some reason ;)
Last edited by tigerfeat on 03 Jul 2019, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 03 Jul 2019, 09:53

sirocco7 wrote:
flow wrote:
sirocco7 wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:I assume the "never happening" crowd are not going to go to games when it's built?

off cause we will don't get your point to be fare most cas fans have given up on it along time ago just ask people in general around town who don't read stuff on here . Only a few google die hard s on here still believe but god we need them to be right or cant see a future for the club to compete financially at the top.

When Lateral/Axion are still amending planning applications to suit the tenants why would you not still believe it? Each time the application is amended it will come at a significant cost to Lateral. Just because lateral don't release a statement every month with an update it doesn't mean a lot still isn't going on behind the scenes.
Believe or hope.....

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 03 Jul 2019, 09:57

sirocco7 wrote:
flow wrote:
sirocco7 wrote:

You talking penny's amending applicatoin to be fare. some thing much bigger problem must be holding the start date up a reckon it's pure financially problems. till some concrete is laid majority off cas fans you speak to round town are in believe it when stood in it brackets how many different time scales have we had just in last five years.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 03 Jul 2019, 10:26

flow wrote:
sirocco7 wrote:
flow wrote:
sirocco7 wrote:

You talking penny's amending applicatoin to be fare. some thing much bigger problem must be holding the start date up a reckon it's pure financially problems. till some concrete is laid majority off cas fans you speak to round town are in believe it when stood in it brackets how many different time scales have we had just in last five years.
I can assure you it's not "Pennys" to amend a planning application on this scale.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Jul 2019, 14:05

flow - when you say "around town" do you mean Wakey ?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 03 Jul 2019, 14:09

Tigerade wrote:
flow - when you say "around town" do you mean Wakey ?
Haha. Just go round cas dear and ask people if they think it's going to happin and why would they to be honist. Even sirroco must under stand why people have lost all hope with delay after delay specially them who don't read this forum and get hudds up dates must wounder what the hell Is going on.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Jul 2019, 16:52

3 out of 4 people walking round town might not be Cas Supporters so wouldn't know the full details of where we at at this stage. You would be better doing a poll on here Flow where you would get your answer from the fans.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Jul 2019, 18:24

I'm actually with flow here - I think most people would be sceptical if you asked people a) when they think it will happen and b) if it will happen.

I do think a lot of people believe it will happen, just don't know when.
Equally I think there's a lot of people who don't believe it will happen and have given up on it.

It's not about being right or wrong - we all want the same thing, which is for it to happen. Everything else is pretty much inconsequential.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Jul 2019, 18:28

sirocco7 wrote: I can assure you it's not "Pennys" to amend a planning application on this scale.
A non-material amendment of this nature costs around £230 a time so in context it is probably smaller compared to actual main applications.

If it was a complete revision of the application, could be looking at £100k
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 Jul 2019, 18:29

I think to much money as been spent on it for it not to happen.
Gut feeling is it will happen, when, is the 6 million dollar question.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 03 Jul 2019, 18:52

old cas lass wrote:I think to much money as been spent on it for it not to happen.
Hope it's in my lifetime I still hold a piece of paper saying I own a brick with my name on it would love to see it in all its glory my lovely brick :pray:

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 Jul 2019, 19:00

Balboa1 wrote:
old cas lass wrote:I think to much money as been spent on it for it not to happen.
Hope it's in my lifetime I still hold a piece of paper saying I own a brick with my name on it would love to see it in all its glory my lovely brick :pray:

Hope it happens for you balboa1.
It’s out of the fans hands, so we have to live in hope.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 03 Jul 2019, 19:02

These things are weird, they are dependent on getting all the ducks in a row, particularly the financial ones and once they are, things can happen very quickly. With the economic position being so unstable at the moment it’s anyone’s guess when, and if it will happen, but based on money spent already I am sure there is the will to do it.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 03 Jul 2019, 19:13

flow wrote:
sirocco7 wrote:

I'm interested to know what facts you are basing your statement of "most Cas fans"?

How many Cas fans are there? How many have actually "given up" & how many of those know the facts?

I'm in the "show me the first brick laid" camp but I haven't given up on the new stadium.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 03 Jul 2019, 20:44

I think it will happen eventually but whether it will be quick enough to keep our place at the top table i’m less sure. Given the state of most retail companies and the current political climate i’d be amazed if it was ready for the 2022 season. Two or three years after that at best probably.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 04 Jul 2019, 12:44

I’ve contacted Philip Lunn directly and he has provided this reply:

“We continue to make very significant progress on Axiom. I don’t want to guarantee the end of the summer as politics and Brexit has kept tripping us up - but we are getting close. Please bear with us and be reassured Axiom will be delivered”.

I hope this provides some reassurance to the doubters!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 04 Jul 2019, 13:09

sirocco7 wrote:I’ve contacted Philip Lunn directly and he has provided this reply:

“We continue to make very significant progress on Axiom. I don’t want to guarantee the end of the summer as politics and Brexit has kept tripping us up - but we are getting close. Please bear with us and be reassured Axiom will be delivered”.

Good news, cheers for doing that.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 04 Jul 2019, 13:10

Great update sirocco7.....thanks

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 04 Jul 2019, 13:12

mart0042 wrote:
sirocco7 wrote:I’ve contacted Philip Lunn directly and he has provided this reply:

Good news, cheers for doing that.
No problem, I just thought I’d go straight to the top instead of relying on information from big Dave who lives down the street who’s heard around the town that it’s not happening ](*,) .