New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gerin2em

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by gerin2em » 05 Mar 2018, 19:46

Well with Squire Patton Boggs involved I guess we are assured of some decent toilets at last.

gerin2em

Post by gerin2em » 05 Mar 2018, 19:49

When I picked the grandkids up from school in Ponty this aft, I could see a JCB at work on the hillside of the site.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 05 Mar 2018, 20:47

More good news.

I have heard that the proposed petrol station will now be a car showroom with these guys as tenants:-
https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/

HuddsT might be able to confirm this.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 05 Mar 2018, 21:36

Tigerade wrote:More good news.

I have heard that the proposed petrol station will now be a car showroom with these guys as tenants:-
https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/

HuddsT might be able to confirm this.
No truth in Tesla as of yet. They were used along with another company as an example of who may take it up.

But the petrol station has been swapped for a car showroom. It was on here a few months ago and planning has been approved for it.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 05 Mar 2018, 22:04

Keep the updates coming its looking more promising by the day

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 06 Mar 2018, 11:02

Even more good news. The money from the Leeds City fund won't be free, it'll be a loan to guarantee the build start pending the fund management moving across.The area needs the jobs and 1k during construction and 2k after is great news. If the fund was a gift to enable jobs, they get it back in tax.

I personally can't see anything stopping it now. The money was there to move the power lines. The money is there to change the road layout, I would imagine the coal movement will be no cost as its worth a few bob, or might even turn a profit. The money is there to build the stadium and shops. We have the 4 big units sold, its now for the smaller ones.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 07 Mar 2018, 09:19

Anyone notice the cost of the ground is now 18m rather than the original 10 ?

Looks a bit nearer as 10m was way too low.

I am still nervous of the whole retail sector that is being hammered by on-line.
You could argue that destination shopping may survive as its leisure driven.

I am sure the plan and design will change but looking at that road plan on the site with ground at one end I will for one be walking in as there is a real bottle neck there.
A hurdle we can surely face if we get the facility

Robbo
Truth is always best !

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 07 Mar 2018, 09:44

Robbo wrote:Anyone notice the cost of the ground is now 18m rather than the original 10 ?

Looks a bit nearer as 10m was way too low.

I am still nervous of the whole retail sector that is being hammered by on-line.
You could argue that destination shopping may survive as its leisure driven.

I am sure the plan and design will change but looking at that road plan on the site with ground at one end I will for one be walking in as there is a real bottle neck there.
A hurdle we can surely face if we get the facility

Robbo
Even with a new road layout I cannot see how, on a match day, it will be anything other than gridlock.

Hoping they put a park and ride on from Ponte park.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 07 Mar 2018, 11:04

Would it be gridlock if we played on a Friday or Saturday night? Might be an option if the shops shut at 6pm.

Personally I love Sunday afternoons and buses from the town centre, even at 50p or £1, would be my option. How about & 2 return including a free golden gamble ticket?

Plenty of options

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 07 Mar 2018, 13:17

why are we so concerned about the traffic issues, is there any ground new or old that does not back traffic up on match days.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 07 Mar 2018, 13:21

I’ve been waiting for over 10 years to get in a new stadium I’m not going to mind being stuck in traffic for 30 mins to get out of it!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 07 Mar 2018, 13:38

TT Tiger wrote:I’ve been waiting for over 10 years to get in a new stadium I’m not going to mind being stuck in traffic for 30 mins to get out of it!
it takes us much longer than that to get out of wheldon road car park now then another 20 mins to get to the a1, with the new ground your straight onto the m62 :dance:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 07 Mar 2018, 13:49

In reality, the only people driving to the ground should be those with disabilities or who live outside the area. Even then, those traveling further afield can park in the town centre car parks potentially and get on the matchday shuttle bus which is going to run through Castleford and to the ground.

Outside of that, anyone in Ponte can walk down to Monkhill and jump on a train or walk to the bus station and jump on a bus. Ditto anyone from Wakefield, Fev and Leeds.

Those feeling fitter can walk down to the ground from Ponte/Cas in 30 minutes or less for those living within Glasshoughton itself.

I don't get the concerns over traffic. IMO, there will probably be less traffic coming out than at Wheldon Road with all the options available.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 07 Mar 2018, 14:22

If it happens (I'm still not convinced!) I couldn't care less where I have to park and walk from. If theres a park and ride from Ponte I'll do that, if I have to park in town and get the bus down I'll do that. As long as I can get a decent pint when I get there that'll do for me :D

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 07 Mar 2018, 14:29

HuddsTigers wrote:In reality, the only people driving to the ground should be those with disabilities or who live outside the area. Even then, those traveling further afield can park in the town centre car parks potentially and get on the matchday shuttle bus which is going to run through Castleford and to the ground.

Outside of that, anyone in Ponte can walk down to Monkhill and jump on a train or walk to the bus station and jump on a bus. Ditto anyone from Wakefield, Fev and Leeds.

Those feeling fitter can walk down to the ground from Ponte/Cas in 30 minutes or less for those living within Glasshoughton itself.

I don't get the concerns over traffic. IMO, there will probably be
less traffic coming out than at Wheldon Road with all the options available.
When I lived in UK, used to walk from Airedale to Wheldon Road for all games, no problem. Also used to walk to Ponty Park when races were on. Used to enjoy the atmosphere walking to the ground with all the fans on match day.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 08 Mar 2018, 00:59

greenhouse wrote:why are we so concerned about the traffic issues, is there any ground new or old that does not back traffic up on match days.
fev? :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 08 Mar 2018, 08:14

[quote="greenhouse"]why are we so concerned about the traffic issues, is there any ground new or old that does not back traffic up on match days.[/quote

Leigh _ it was a delight to go there in 2017, Free parking in all surrounding car parks, five minute stroll to the away turnstile. Cas victory, walk back to the car, straight out and on the motorway system within a few minutes.
cum on you Ford

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 08 Mar 2018, 08:17

Bulldozers on old hardys printers site across road from the new development,building a new aldi store

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 08 Mar 2018, 09:35

Having not seen the plans for traffic relief , I travel to the Escape via the Normanton bye pass is there any plans for access to this road from the M62 ?? if there is this it would take some traffic away from the bottle neck were the proposed stadium is going to be built

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 08 Mar 2018, 10:14

No you will just be able to join whistler drive from cutsyke roundabout when they build the new link road later this year. So will be able to access ground if m62 at junction 32 is closed