New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by yorkie1bn » 10 Nov 2018, 16:12

gerin2em wrote:Hi guys, I don't want to sound positive on here because I know that's not the norm, but, 09:00 this morning I got on to the M62 at J 32 to go east bound and there was a white van on the new site near the cabins and 2 guys in hi viz jackets looking and pointing at things. I imagine on a big build like Axium the first thing to happen will be a white van on site and a couple of guys in hi viz jackets looking around and pointing at things. Am I being over optimistic and reading too much into this or could this be the start of something big???
A friend of mine as been past the ground a few times this week and he says there as been van and a few people on the site this week.You probelly right first think on any site will be surveyers and such.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Nov 2018, 11:02

tigerfeat wrote:hope you and hudds tiger are right mart fair play you both being unwavering in that it will be built...
Axiom failing will have so many bad repercussions including the loss of jobs, taxes to the council, the company that has shelled out millions so far.

Its so far down the line. GMI are close to completing at Thorpe Park, freeing up staff. I don't think it's a coincidence that Thorpe was delayed slightly and we have no one on site. To exist, companies need to go from one to another.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 12 Nov 2018, 11:14

i was also told last week that when the Thorpe park work has finished they would move to the new cas ground site?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 12 Nov 2018, 12:25

yorky wrote:i was also told last week that when the Thorpe park work has finished they would move to the new cas ground site?
I'm not a builder but it makes business sense to use the equipment from one job straight onto another, especially when it's the same type of build.

The similarities, looking at Thorpe and Axiom, are it's design and layout.

There are usually loaded contracts for the build which heavily penalise for a late completion, so it'll be all hands on deck. I'd expect once it starts, for it to fly up.

The road network Is first, so it said. The start of that is the defining moment for me really.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Nov 2018, 11:07

As I've said a few times, I'm still in the 'I'll believe it when I see it camp', however there is a fairly positive post from Philip Lunn on his linkedin account from 28th September, with a comment from him 1 month ago saying they will be on site 'over the coming months'. It might not mean a thing, but as its Axiom related I've put the link below for anyone who wants to look;

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/time-change-philip-lunn/

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 13 Nov 2018, 11:09

derbystiger wrote:As I've said a few times, I'm still in the 'I'll believe it when I see it camp', however there is a fairly positive post from Philip Lunn on his linkedin account from 28th September, with a comment from him 1 month ago saying they will be on site 'over the coming months'. It might not mean a thing, but as its Axiom related I've put the link below for anyone who wants to look;

Thanks, still in their thoughts, which has to be good news.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 13 Nov 2018, 11:11

thanks for the update & it looks positive :pray:

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Nov 2018, 11:21

derbystiger wrote:As I've said a few times, I'm still in the 'I'll believe it when I see it camp', however there is a fairly positive post from Philip Lunn on his linkedin account from 28th September, with a comment from him 1 month ago saying they will be on site 'over the coming months'. It might not mean a thing, but as its Axiom related I've put the link below for anyone who wants to look;

looks great in digital graphics online you notice the map only four company s signed up for it and two off them in high street difficulty don't think any thing will happen till at least ten or more company s come on board. if they do pull the financial side off it off would be quite remarkable effort so fingers crossed :pray: :pray:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Nov 2018, 11:58

whats that building thats going up back of glasshoughton railway stop ,where new ground 2 was going to be built?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 14 Nov 2018, 11:07

flow wrote:

looks great in digital graphics online you notice the map only four company s signed up for it and two off them in high street difficulty don't think any thing will happen till at least ten or more company s come on board. if they do pull the financial side off it off would be quite remarkable effort so fingers crossed :pray: :pray:
I did see recently of a new shop joining but can't find it again. It was a large shop as well. A flag ship store. I'm sure it's been mentioned on here. The money for the build is in place and some stores confirmed, the biggest units as well. I guess time will tell.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 14 Nov 2018, 21:17

mart0042 wrote:
flow wrote:

I did see recently of a new shop joining but can't find it again. It was a large shop as well. A flag ship store. I'm sure it's been mentioned on here. The money for the build is in place and some stores confirmed, the biggest units as well. I guess time will tell.
H&M?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Nov 2018, 22:06

It’s in the LinkedIn article he wrote and it’s H&M as said above.

Post here:https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/time-change-philip-lunn
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Nov 2018, 22:24

Philip Lunn also been promoting Axiom at MAPIC, where 2,500 retailers attend. This was yesterday and it was in Cannes, France.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 15 Nov 2018, 00:36

a lad on cas face bookers has just posted that he works for firm that are doing groundworks (browns) and they are now starting after christmas because of the high volume of traffic expected at j32. gmi on in february.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Nov 2018, 13:37

if they wait for traffic to ease down park road they will be waiting forever its getting to almost gridlock at times
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Nov 2018, 16:39

Least there's one or two bits of positive news coming out about the new ground , 2019 vital year for cas I think need ground started and need to hold our place in top four make good signings and see some of the young lads stake a claim
Balanced on a edge for me let's hope it all tips our way
Vince Lombardi

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 15 Nov 2018, 22:48

New flags up! 8)
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 16 Nov 2018, 01:06

don't shoot me down but heard today marks and spencers and boots have pulled out off the project don't now if this is true or not maybe somebody else in the now as heard similar can let us know if this is true. could be wants making axiom delaying things as robbo said .not the council I feel if is true could be the end off it.

supacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by supacas » 16 Nov 2018, 02:18

flow wrote:don't shoot me down but heard today marks and spencers and boots have pulled out off the project don't now if this is true or not maybe somebody else in the now as heard similar can let us know if this is true. could be wants making axiom delaying things as robbo said .not the council I feel if is true could be the end off it.
So where have you heard this? Is it from a reliable source or more scare mongering from some from over the dark side of the common?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Nov 2018, 09:09

flow wrote:don't shoot me down but heard today marks and spencers and boots have pulled out off the project don't now if this is true or not maybe somebody else in the now as heard similar can let us know if this is true. could be wants making axiom delaying things as robbo said .not the council I feel if is true could be the end off it.
That's dreadfull news
If it's true
Vince Lombardi