New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
vandeveldtsbaldhead

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by vandeveldtsbaldhead » 09 Nov 2018, 11:19

Why would anyone believe we are moving into a new grond. There is no proof that any work is likely to be carried out in the near future.
So many excuses and reasons why.
Im afraid I dont think it will happen. Winter is approaching, weather would restrict any building for 6 months .(if there was any chance).
We never have any comments from the Club, they would be the first to tell us if there was any movement.
Sorry Wheldon Road here we stay.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Nov 2018, 12:20

yorky wrote:the main concern is brexit & this is what i feel will ultimately stop this project dead in the water, best get some work planned for the old ground as this just isnt going to happen & i have been one of the more optimistic supporters.
work should have been done to our ground over time like featherstone have done to theres ,good luck to the the club finding the money now to re-develop wheldon road if the new development gets the plug pulled on it which looks more and more likely
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 09 Nov 2018, 13:03

vandeveldtsbaldhead wrote:Why would anyone believe we are moving into a new grond. There is no proof that any work is likely to be carried out in the near future.
Im afraid I dont think it will happen. Winter is approaching, weather would restrict any building for 6 months .(if there was any chance).
We never have any comments from the Club, they would be the first to tell us if there was any movement.
This :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 09 Nov 2018, 13:09

yorky wrote:the main concern is brexit & this is what i feel will ultimately stop this project dead in the water, best get some work planned for the old ground as this just isnt going to happen & i have been one of the more optimistic supporters.
Didn’t stop the £162m development at Thorpe Park which opened last month, built by GMI. Maybe now this is complete more focus will be on the Axiom one.

I will admit though, I’m less optimistic about its chances than I once was.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Nov 2018, 13:38

Robbo wrote:Huddesfield

I am telling you THEY the developers not WMDC are slowing this down.

It maybe some time before you can verify this but for once you might want to trust me on this.

As its now winter and we have missed several deadlines I am not too stressed as nothing can happen till Spring.
The lack of updates though or replies are worrying

robbo
What deadlines have we missed?

The timeline on the website was when work was starting to run from and up until. It didn't specify that would work start exactly on the dot.

Also, you ask for trust but you don't substantiate anything you say. All you do is put out vague comments. Have you got an email or communication from the council specifying this? If so, publish it. Otherwise you may as well just be stirring the pot and rumour-mongering again.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Nov 2018, 13:39

vandeveldtsbaldhead wrote:Why would anyone believe we are moving into a new grond. There is no proof that any work is likely to be carried out in the near future.

The club will never comment on the development. For the main part, it isn't their development so they are directed by Lateral/Axiom on any public statements and what comes through the Cas channels.

The club probably knows more than us but it is Lateral that aren't communicating.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 09 Nov 2018, 13:57

Nu Shooze wrote:
Didn’t stop the £162m development at Thorpe Park which opened last month, built by GMI. Maybe now this is complete more focus will be on the Axiom one.

I will admit though, I’m less optimistic about its chances than I once was.
Thorpe Park, though impressive, is only a small view of what is to be created at Axiom. Axiom will blow it out of the water.

Interestingly, a some of the shops were already in place locally, boots, m and s etc.. Which have now been taken over by other stores.

You can really see how good Axiom is going to be.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Nov 2018, 14:00

hope you and hudds tiger are right mart fair play you both being unwavering in that it will be built...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Nov 2018, 14:05

tigerfeat wrote:hope you and hudds tiger are right mart fair play you both being unwavering in that it will be built...
I don't know know what will happen. Nobody does. But it's more hope than belief, more for the people that have worked so hard to get a stadium for CTRLFC and to leave a legacy for generations to come.

So many fans have walked through the turnstiles at Wheldon Road over the years crying out for success. The club is the bedrock of the town and the fans deserve to see the club at the top with the very best.

Sadly, it seems there's not a collective will across the district from people with the ability to make it happen to actually get it to happen at the moment. We have every right to be as peed off with WMDC as the Wakefield fans at the moment. Professional sport and sport in general is embarrassing across the district.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 09 Nov 2018, 14:05

I would bet that Robbo is far more in the know than you are or will ever be Hudds, always has and always will. He doesn’t cut and paste from websites and pass it off as true and his own.

Just because people question things doesn’t mean what other people might see it as. Some times people say things as they see and don’t tart it up, don’t see everything with rose tinted specs and don’t try and crawl further up the clubs jacksie.

Just accept people’s views are often different and more to the point than you and other posters.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Nov 2018, 14:18

Yawn.

Now I know why I chose to put you on the blacklist to hide your posts so I could just ignore the insults/digs. Back you go.

1) I don't claim it as coming from me. I provide information for people and give them updates. I've never claimed to be in the know. If you think I have please provide said examples. You won't because I back up what I post on this thread with links or direct people to said information and where they can find it.

2) Robbo has a close circle of friends and undoubtedly does get some info. But I do also believe it's twisted along the way too, and not everything is entirely true.

3) The club has no control over the stadium so I have nothing to gain with them in terms of backing the project.

4) Even if I do have relationships with the club, what does it matter to you? It shows I'm trusted and they're happy to hear my views because I'm supportive when I want to be and constructive when I have to be. Your comments come across more petty and jealous of that.

5) Accept that not every poster has to be a doom mongerer. You want me to accept everyone else's opinions but you aren't willing to accept mine instead throwing out childish digs. Try practising what you preach or - I'm going to make this clear - please STOP RESPONDING and just leave me alone!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 09 Nov 2018, 14:29

Oh dear, didn’t realise you had it that bad Hudds.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 09 Nov 2018, 15:11

well the players all seem to be under the impression that its happening. young jake was the latest to say the excitement of moving into the new stadium was one of the reasons he signed the contract extension.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 09 Nov 2018, 15:41

Let's see, Robbo has always been against this development (because let's be honest, it hurts his shop) and is a well known **** stirrer.

On top of that the sad act Wakey trolls are out in force.

This thread is just about ready to be closed at this point.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 09 Nov 2018, 15:49

HuddsTigers wrote:
Robbo wrote:Huddesfield

I am telling you THEY the developers not WMDC are slowing this down.

It maybe some time before you can verify this but for once you might want to trust me on this.

As its now winter and we have missed several deadlines I am not too stressed as nothing can happen till Spring.
The lack of updates though or replies are worrying

robbo
What deadlines have we missed?

The timeline on the website was when work was starting to run from and up until. It didn't specify that would work start exactly on the dot.

Also, you ask for trust but you don't substantiate anything you say. All you do is put out vague comments. Have you got an email or communication from the council specifying this? If so, publish it. Otherwise you may as well just be stirring the pot and rumour-mongering again.
Look Huddesfield you will never believe me and clearly you know I cannot reveal my source. I can be 100% sure though.

I am certainly not stirring the pot anymore than you and your defence of the developers.
I dug deep re this latest set back and asked the right people as you can most Saturday mornings.

Its dragging its feet Hudd and you know it.

Anyway lets see where we go.
robbo
Truth is always best !

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 09 Nov 2018, 15:51

HuddsTigers wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:hope you and hudds tiger are right mart fair play you both being unwavering in that it will be built...
I don't know know what will happen. Nobody does. But it's more hope than belief, more for the people that have worked so hard to get a stadium for CTRLFC and to leave a legacy for generations to come.

So many fans have walked through the turnstiles at Wheldon Road over the years crying out for success. The club is the bedrock of the town and the fans deserve to see the club at the top with the very best.

Sadly, it seems there's not a collective will across the district from people with the ability to make it happen to actually get it to happen at the moment. We have every right to be as peed off with WMDC as the Wakefield fans at the moment. Professional sport and sport in general is embarrassing across the district.
Huddesfield you are taking this out on the wrong people. Fake news.
Its not WMDC `s fault.
Make a call to Peter Box ar Denise Jeffery and ask them. Its that simple.
Truth is always best !

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 09 Nov 2018, 15:56

Then prepare for the future without super league as we'll be cast aside if that were to happen
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 09 Nov 2018, 15:57

TheSheriff wrote:Let's see, Robbo has always been against this development (because let's be honest, it hurts his shop) and is a well known **** stirrer.

Total rubbish.
My site is to be converted to housing and some retail in the years to come.
Not sure how having a match ( mostly when we are closed can bring in business).

I am stating facts like I did when RW put the club a week away from going bust and you all said it was me being petty.

I want it to happen. Will it ? I am now 80/20 against tbh.
The developers are not keeping their part so pop at them not me.
Robbo
Truth is always best !

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 09 Nov 2018, 15:59

When the ground gets built some will still be moaning about something or another, especially them who hold a grudge.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 09 Nov 2018, 17:53

TheSheriff wrote:Let's see, Robbo has always been against this development (because let's be honest, it hurts his shop) and is a well known **** stirrer.

Who and where are the Wakey trolls, can't say I've noticed any.