New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Mar 2019, 00:15

The one in Knaresborough is an Agri-food Park with restaurants and food outlets, and a farm.

Not retail or shopping. It is based on FICO Eataly in Bologna.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 16 Mar 2019, 00:28

HuddsTigers wrote:The one in Knaresborough is an Agri-food Park with restaurants and food outlets, and a farm.

Not retail or shopping. It is based on FICO Eataly in Bologna.
yes but want a percentage off axiom units going to be a variety off restaurants and food outlets not just retail . Shunt matter any way like another poster said axiom is in the prime position, only way they would go to Knaresborough project is if the units rents was very lot cheaper . funny just looking for a film to watch on show box game across a horror film called the axiom :roll: :roll:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Mar 2019, 08:17

I believe Axiom Eats is more going to be like Trinity Leeds with pop-ups and street food type sellers than chain restaurants. They have already got a company involved called The Big Bus Company (?) I think, converting old buses into catering units.

derkster
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by derkster » 16 Mar 2019, 12:05

flow wrote:interesting just announced on news Knaresborough going to get a new 250million futuristic retail and leisure park . Hope this don't give retail business who s being looking at axiom another option 15miles away just are luck .
Has Knaresborough moved closer to cas? its 26 mile away. White rose is 15 milesish with meadowhall 35miles. Im sure they will have taken all this into account before proposing the development

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Mar 2019, 14:24

Nobody wrote:We are bang in middle of M62, M1 and A1 so can't see it having ant effect to be honest. Stores are going to want to rent where most people will be passing through. Plus we already have Xscape and Junction 32 pulling people in.
if i remember rightly when they proposed building xscape they said 12 million people lived within an hours drive away.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 16 Mar 2019, 14:28

Wakefield, Leeds, Hull, Sheffield, Bradford, Huddersfield, Halifax, Doncaster...and that's just the cities. Even Manchester if the M62 is clear!

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 16 Mar 2019, 14:30

lurcher wrote:
Nobody wrote:We are bang in middle of M62, M1 and A1 so can't see it having ant effect to be honest. Stores are going to want to rent where most people will be passing through. Plus we already have Xscape and Junction 32 pulling people in.
if i remember rightly when they proposed building xscape they said 12 million people lived within an hours drive away.
Exactly, it's in a prime location. Footfall will be massive like it is at Xscape already. Sunday afternoon they're queueing down the slip road to get in.
🐯 COYF!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Mar 2019, 14:40

JIN JER wrote:
lurcher wrote:
JIN JER wrote:Don't get wound up too quickly, wait and see what the details are. I can't imagine for a minute that WMDC can just take out a loan for a private sporting club and give £3.1M to said club, the loan must have to be ratified somewhere along the line.
i agree to some extent jinj mate my post late last night was maybe a tad hasty in some respects.
having thought about it a bit more deeply i do have a major concern.
when this whole newmarket epic started it was the trust that would own the community stadium and rent it back to the club. (anchor tenants) and i don't think any one had a problem with that. although the trust were warned many times by a cas poster that they had taken their eye off the ball and it would never happen. he has been proved right so far.
my worry now is that this loan is to "the club" which i assume means the said owner of the club.
if this is so mc got the club for nothing and and by virtue of a very generous gesture by wmdc now stands to make £millions in profit if he sells the club. as you say its best to wait for details but if this is true it makes you wonder if mc has actually been in league with *^&"£$+_*&% all the time. he is first and foremost a businessman after all. as always mate we'll have to wait and see.
A couple of points her Lurcher, I'm very poor remembering figures but I'm pretty sure MC put his own house on the line as collateral against loans etc, I'm pretty sure he wiped out £600K of debt and is still clearing debt to date, so with due respect he hardly got the club for nothing.
As for being in league with, I'm assuming you're alluding to Yorkcourt I can't honestly see that for a minute reading all the comments from MC for the last few years he held YC in as much disdain as the rest of us supporters.
Again I myself can't imagine WMDC taking out a loan and "gifting" £3.1M to Trinity per se? What I could imagine would be that "The trust" would handle the loan, the club would pay rental in form of interest repayments of the loan.
I'm quite obviously a Trinity supporter, but as a bloke with morals (too many at times) in these days of food banks, people living on the streets and austerity measures in general it does sit a little uneasy with me. Then again if/when all the details surface I'm pretty sure it won't be as simple as it appears at the moment.
Ps. As another aside, another fear of mine would be, if "The trust" is to handle BV after the loan, which trust is this likely to be, could Rodders trust put themselves forward as the Trinity trust as opposed to the "official trust" that has been negotiating for five years?

And breathe. :)
i do remember that bit about mortgaging the house now you mention it.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 Mar 2019, 15:26

lurcher wrote:
An hours drive is a massive area though. When I lived in Derbyshire I was off J28 of the M1 and it took me an hour (sometimes a little less traffic dependant) to get to Weldon Road. I certainly wouldn’t have classed that area as being in Xscapes catchment. Amazing how people can make figures say whatever they want. Snow dome at Tamworth was 20 miles closer for indoor slopes, climbing etc.. Plus, an outlet at J28. Something needs to be fairly special I think, these days, for people to be prepared to head out for an hours drive on our roads to get there. I think using a 30 min drive as catchment would be more realistic numbers wise, but big numbers sell units. Having said that, Xscape, Junction 32 and AXIOM all together could be a pretty special place; Xscape and J32 always seem to be busy now. I’m just hoping it comes off, and the latest news has been fairly encouraging.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Mar 2019, 22:12

aqlways amazes me how full the car parks get mid week even when kids are at school. if you go inthe nike shop you are outnumbered by chinese and japanese and they buy loads

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 17 Mar 2019, 10:30

Primark have done market research already and most of their potential customers travel over half an hour just to shop there. Regarding J32 shopping outlet - they get bus's from Humberside visiting on a regular basis.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Mar 2019, 10:38

Tigerade wrote:Primark have done market research already and most of their potential customers travel over half an hour just to shop there. Regarding J32 shopping outlet - they get bus's from Humberside visiting on a regular basis.
Yeah there's a good service bus from hull to Leeds stops at excape you see a lot of hull -hull kr shirts on people visiting
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 17 Mar 2019, 21:36

An hour isn’t a long drive, maybe it’s generational, maybe it’s just being used to long commutes but I regularly travel 1hr for a nice restaurant without a second thought and would for the offering that axiom will have

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Mar 2019, 10:54

flow wrote:interesting just announced on news Knaresborough going to get a new 250million futuristic retail and leisure park . Hope this don't give retail business who s being looking at axiom another option 15miles away just are luck .
Is a terrible place to get to is Knaresborough. It might be something like Hornsea pottery is now.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 18 Mar 2019, 17:27

tigerfeat wrote:...you see a lot of hull -hull kr shirts on people visiting
To be fair, Hull is a bit out on a limb, so it's probably the nearest retail place to them (if they fancied a change from shopping in and around Hull)! Or they could go to Grimsby :)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Mar 2019, 19:49

Update to Phase 1 and 2a planning application. Nothing groundbreaking (no pun intended) but they've just submitted some new drawings for the Country Park profile so hopefully things are on the move with this application too now.

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 20 Mar 2019, 20:14

Cheers Hudds, thanks for the update.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 20 Mar 2019, 20:51

Cheers Hudds.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Mar 2019, 21:17

Don’t have a clue what it means but I take it it’s positive.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 20 Mar 2019, 21:23

thanks Hudds.