New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by sirocco7 » 04 Jun 2019, 13:09

mart0042 wrote:Gmi are still working on Thorpe springs but the road is nearly completed. I would expect the machinery to move over for the road works if they are the constructors. Which I believe they are.
There is still years of work left to do at the springs, a company the size of GMI has the ability to complete more than one job at a time. Just look at there website at there current ongoing projects. They currently have 17 ongoing live construction projects. I can’t imagine GMI would build the road anyway it would be sub contracted out.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 04 Jun 2019, 13:34

flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:The 70% figure came from the club on the Meet the Directors night.

The near 55% came from Axiom themselves. The new 3 brands are on their website. All of this is fact (though the 70% figure could be slightly higher before start for certainty).

Axiom said in their statement in March they intend to start on site late summer.

As for how many units we are away that’s hypothetical because we don’t know which units O2, Vodafone and Starbucks have taken up. Could be some of the smaller units, which move the needle only slightly.

Fact is that we are closer than we were 6 months ago and it’s not far off being started.
not having a go at you bud they have being statements every year saying we will be starting in summer . I would have thought that close something would have being done preparing the site all we can do is hope :pray: :pray: :pray:
You seem to be getting mixed up. Nothing is going to be built in Phases 1 and 2a. The first two parts are the siteworks, road and country park. Hence why nothing has happened.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 04 Jun 2019, 13:40

Jesus h Christ.
This will never happen. I mean, come on...it’s almost mass delusion.
Audacter Et Sincere

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 04 Jun 2019, 14:03

HuddsTigers wrote:
flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:The 70% figure came from the club on the Meet the Directors night.

The near 55% came from Axiom themselves. The new 3 brands are on their website. All of this is fact (though the 70% figure could be slightly higher before start for certainty).

Axiom said in their statement in March they intend to start on site late summer.

As for how many units we are away that’s hypothetical because we don’t know which units O2, Vodafone and Starbucks have taken up. Could be some of the smaller units, which move the needle only slightly.

Fact is that we are closer than we were 6 months ago and it’s not far off being started.
not having a go at you bud they have being statements every year saying we will be starting in summer . I would have thought that close something would have being done preparing the site all we can do is hope :pray: :pray: :pray:
You seem to be getting mixed up. Nothing is going to be built in Phases 1 and 2a. The first two parts are the siteworks, road and country park. Hence why nothing has happened.
Ye I now that you think they would start doing the roads now if we was that close if all planning is past

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 04 Jun 2019, 14:07

flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
flow wrote:

Ye I now that you think they would start doing the roads now if we was that close if all planning is past
Well no because the trigger point to release funds hasn't happened yet ](*,) do keep up.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 05 Jun 2019, 09:48

sirocco7 wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Gmi are still working on Thorpe springs but the road is nearly completed. I would expect the machinery to move over for the road works if they are the constructors. Which I believe they are.
There is still years of work left to do at the springs, a company the size of GMI has the ability to complete more than one job at a time. Just look at there website at there current ongoing projects. They currently have 17 ongoing live construction projects. I can’t imagine GMI would build the road anyway it would be sub contracted out.
The road and shops are completed and they are just left with the units and landscaping.

Tbh, it just needs to start, they could get Murphy from fawlty towers to start it if only to see it start in my lifetime.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 05 Jun 2019, 21:41

mart0042 wrote:
sirocco7 wrote:
The road and shops are completed and they are just left with the units and landscaping.

Tbh, it just needs to start, they could get Murphy from fawlty towers to start it if only to see it start in my lifetime.
O'Reilly...the Orelly Man

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 05 Jun 2019, 21:42

Which is man with beard, please?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Jun 2019, 22:25

Well let me tell you if the good Lord had meant us to worry he would have given us things to worry about
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Jun 2019, 07:27

Is it bad that I can remember the next lines :lol:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Jun 2019, 07:35

No mate I've seen em that many times I can almost remember them word for word
It's something like ...how am I not supposed to worry my wife will be be back in a few hours and she can kill a man with a blow of her tounge :D
Vince Lombardi

southporttiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by southporttiger » 06 Jun 2019, 08:15

tigerfeat wrote:Well let me tell you if the good Lord had meant us to worry he would have given us things to worry about
Classic :lol:

https://twitter.com/FawltyTowersFan/sta ... 9597923328

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Jun 2019, 08:36

tigerfeat wrote:No mate I've seen em that many times I can almost remember them word for word
It's something like ...how am I not supposed to worry my wife will be be back in a few hours and she can kill a man with a blow of her tounge :D
Just seen clip has been posted above. :)

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 06 Jun 2019, 09:44

Well that lightened the mood. I might have to watch them again.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Jun 2019, 10:03

HuddsTigers wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:No mate I've seen em that many times I can almost remember them word for word
Just seen clip has been posted above. :)
Now if the good Lord.....is mentioned one more time il move you closer to him :lol:
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Jun 2019, 10:57

Any body got any news another month is slipping by no sign off any thing happening down on site yet we could do we some good news to raise spirits :pray:

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Jun 2019, 12:25

flow wrote:Any body got any news another month is slipping by no sign off any thing happening down on site yet we could do we some good news to raise spirits :pray:
36,000 posts on this all hoping for the sign of movement i went by yesterday no sigh of anything happening

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 21 Jun 2019, 13:48

flow wrote:Any body got any news another month is slipping by no sign off any thing happening down on site yet we could do we some good news to raise spirits :pray:

Nothing will happen until they reach 70% occupancy... Axioms last update in March stated that they aimed to be on site at the end of summer if the uncertainty around BREXIT was resolved. Unfortunately as we all know the country is in huge mess so I’d be surprised to see progress any time soon.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Jun 2019, 18:20

sirocco7 wrote:

Nothing will happen until they reach 70% occupancy... Axioms last update in March stated that they aimed to be on site at the end of summer if the uncertainty around BREXIT was resolved. Unfortunately as we all know the country is in huge mess so I’d be surprised to see progress any time soon.
Think times up for me time to look ways to finance Wheldon Road redevelopment let's see if council will give us a loan like wildcats.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Jun 2019, 18:22

They literally only put another 4 retailers on last month. You need to stop panicking. Things are moving. You're not going to get a weekly update. When things happen, it happens.