New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Dez » 07 Jan 2019, 15:53

lurcher wrote:not sure if i've posted this on here but last nov/dec a lad posred on face book about the new ground. he said he worked for gmi and they were currently working on the large thorpe park project which is running well over its completion date. he said the work force have been told once thorpe park is finished the work force and plant will be moving to the glass houghton site. as this lad was posting under his own proven identity i tend to believe him above some of the face less clones on here.
Couple of things though lurcher 1. With brexit and negativity in retail its highly unlikely any projects like glasshouton will happen theres too much uncertainty. 2. The comments around Thorpe park we're true at the time and might still be true but i think there on phase 2 and theres about 2more years of work. There will be nothing happening at glasshouton untill brexit settles down and everyone is aware of whats in front of them. Any works on the road infrastructure will still go ahead due to the needs of the area and will have no bearing on when work begins . Remember they would still need new roads even if they built housing or industrial units

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 07 Jan 2019, 16:08

Dez wrote:
lurcher wrote:not sure if i've posted this on here but last nov/dec a lad posred on face book about the new ground. he said he worked for gmi and they were currently working on the large thorpe park project which is running well over its completion date. he said the work force have been told once thorpe park is finished the work force and plant will be moving to the glass houghton site. as this lad was posting under his own proven identity i tend to believe him above some of the face less clones on here.
Couple of things though lurcher 1. With brexit and negativity in retail its highly unlikely any projects like glasshouton will happen theres too much uncertainty. 2. The comments around Thorpe park we're true at the time and might still be true but i think there on phase 2 and theres about 2more years of work. There will be nothing happening at glasshouton untill brexit settles down and everyone is aware of whats in front of them. Any works on the road infrastructure will still go ahead due to the needs of the area and will have no bearing on when work begins . Remember they would still need new roads even if they built housing or industrial units
The proposed road improvements at J32 will only go ahead IF the project happens, needed or not. Who's going to pay for them, as 'Lateral' certainly aren't going to stump up the cash if they're not building the retail park?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 08 Jan 2019, 00:08

Dez wrote:
fair does if thats true dez mate. i must admit i don't think the lad actually put a time line on it. i just assumed it must be close to completion with him saying it.
i do however it will still go ahead with so much being already spent on the project already. maybe not a shopping mall but it will go ahead as maybe housing or warehousing which could take a few years longer. have no doubts people will be queueing up to get their hands on a bit of prime land like that and will willingly build a new stadium for us. on the bright side we could even negotiate a bigger and better stadium. calling flow, calling flow. :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 08 Jan 2019, 02:03

lurcher wrote:
Dez wrote:
fair does if thats true dez mate. i must admit i don't think the lad actually put a time line on it. i just assumed it must be close to completion with him saying it.
i do however it will still go ahead with so much being already spent on the project already. maybe not a shopping mall but it will go ahead as maybe housing or warehousing which could take a few years longer. have no doubts people will be queueing up to get their hands on a bit of prime land like that and will willingly build a new stadium for us. on the bright side we could even negotiate a bigger and better stadium. calling flow, calling flow. :lol:
hey up lad lmao all true but were depending on a very dodgy council to keep this agreement nothing can be build in till ground is built first .After three years if nothing is built since planning application had being improved you have to start all over again . Council should have got the ten million up front to improve down lane as part off deal for that land instead off needing loads off other things to fall in place, they could have done what they wanted then with that land then. We be laughing now two new stands like leeds .

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 08 Jan 2019, 14:37

Apparently WMDC have put up new site notices for the Axiom planning applications. February the new target date.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 08 Jan 2019, 14:39

Wakefield Express stating that there has been "continued positive discussions" relating to a new stadium for WT :-

https://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/spor ... -1-9525271

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 08 Jan 2019, 14:49

Tigerade wrote:Wakefield Express stating that there has been "continued positive discussions" relating to a new stadium for WT :-

https://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/spor ... -1-9525271
Will believe it when it's built, having been involved with SWAG from early doors I'm worn out with all the rumours and false dawns. I can't imagine how TRB and Sandal cat feel by it all.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Jan 2019, 01:05

flow wrote:
lurcher wrote:
Dez wrote:
hey up lad lmao all true but were depending on a very dodgy council to keep this agreement nothing can be build in till ground is built first .After three years if nothing is built since planning application had being improved you have to start all over again . Council should have got the ten million up front to improve down lane as part off deal for that land instead off needing loads off other things to fall in place, they could have done what they wanted then with that land then. We be laughing now two new stands like leeds .

for loveof wakefield :lol:

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 10 Jan 2019, 14:23

It would appear size matters.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 11 Jan 2019, 23:34

lurcher wrote:
Dez wrote:
Yet again I'll say that while the amount that has already been spent is pretty big in the world of your average person it is sill pretty low in terms of the overall project. There's virtually no way in the world that a change to housing stock, and doubtfully for warehousing, would provide enough profit for the Developer to be able to throw in a free stadium.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Feb 2019, 23:43

we'll know more on march 12th 2019. ;)

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Feb 2019, 00:08

lurcher wrote:we'll know more on march 12th 2019. ;)
Is that not comics relief red nose day lol. You in the now or talking [REMOVED] lol

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Feb 2019, 00:09

Negative or positive.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 14 Feb 2019, 00:58

What’s special about that date?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Feb 2019, 02:20

flow wrote:
Is that not comics relief red nose day lol. You in the now or talking [REMOVED] lol
i wouldn't put on here if i didn't know mate. unlike some. don't know if it will be positive or negative but it will be late in the evening so may be past your bedtime., ;)

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Feb 2019, 07:17

lurcher wrote:
flow wrote:
i wouldn't put on here if i didn't know mate. unlike some. don't know if it will be positive or negative but it will be late in the evening so may be past your bedtime., ;)
I’m lost.

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 14 Feb 2019, 08:07

Brexit date?

Long live the Tigers!!!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Feb 2019, 08:17

da_jimbob_7 wrote:Brexit date?
Thought brexit was 29th.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 14 Feb 2019, 08:17

da_jimbob_7 wrote:Brexit date?
Nah T’wearly

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 14 Feb 2019, 09:49

Lurcher has posted a few updates from meet the coaches so I expect was told there that an update is due 12th March.

Thanks for sharing Lurcher, gutted I couldn’t make it Tuesday night!