New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by duke street 10 » 19 Feb 2019, 13:25

tigerfeat wrote:what's the point were about to move into a new ground ...
You could understand the club saying that if the new ground is under construction now,but it isn't.

The failure to consider or look at a viable plan B could bite us on the you know what. The S.L bosses would love Toronto and a 2nd French side in the top flight for starters. Also if the R.U Premiership sides carry through the threat of ring fencing their top league, what would stop an ambitious side in the tier below creating an R.L side and working its way up like a Toronto?

For example if a Bedford had the faclities up to scratch already and money behind them they would easily turn the top brass heads.

We can't keep promising Jam tomorrow with the games bosses,they will quickly tire of hearing it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Feb 2019, 13:29

Correct mate as the firm just said if anybody thinks clubs will be still allowed in super league with the kind of ground cas as beyond 2022 there in a dreamworld
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Feb 2019, 13:54

tigerfeat wrote:Correct mate as the firm just said if anybody thinks clubs will be still allowed in super league with the kind of ground cas as beyond 2022 there in a dreamworld
IF we get a new TV deal that's decent. If not, some clubs will quickly rely heavily on their owners even more or will struggle to be full-time.

There may not even BE a Super League after 2021 with the game the way it is at the moment.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Feb 2019, 14:02

HuddsTigers wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Correct mate as the firm just said if anybody thinks clubs will be still allowed in super league with the kind of ground cas as beyond 2022 there in a dreamworld
IF we get a new TV deal that's decent. If not, some clubs will quickly rely heavily on their owners even more or will struggle to be full-time.

There may not even BE a Super League after 2021 with the game the way it is at the moment.
It will be interesting to see how it pans out but I agree it wouldn't surprise me if sky are not falling over themselves to sign a new deal unless there are big changes made in the game
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 19 Feb 2019, 15:00

HuddsTigers wrote:

There will be deal of sorts, although probably not as lucrative as the present one. It will also highly likely include on demand streaming alongside traditional media. But if the pot is less then the chances are so will the number of teams in a new superleague. Ten teams has been mentioned and with less teams the money to be shared around between the chosen won't change that much especially when you add in that unlike now championship clubs will likely get next to nothing, if anything, from the deal. If they are looking to shed numbers the the first targets are the clubs with poor facilities, they are a sitting duck. The times they are a changing. Again.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Feb 2019, 18:43

I can see why that would be but I'm not inclined to agree from my perspective - I think it would be suicidal from a brand perspective and I think they'd alienate the small pool of existing fans they already have.

At the end of the day, we bring an entertaining brand of rugby and a huge fanbase and clearly we're attractive for Sky too because of this success. We're also one of only a few clubs turning a profit and a new ground is something outside of the club's control. There's nothing we can do and the RFL know this. If Axiom fails it won't be our fault, we can't redevelop the existing ground because we don't have £20m to do so, and any loans will fall on Wheldon Rd which could see us homeless or bust anyway. It's senseless and bad practice to even put pressure on this - that's not to say we should get complacent but there has to be some rationality.

As someone else has mentioned, if we're cutting teams, the poorer half of the distract (Wakefield) would go before us. I also think we offer more than Salford, Huddersfield, Hull KR, London.

That's not we're replaceable but if we go down I'd like to think it'd be where it matters most - on the field than from a man in a suit, who will only be in post a short time anyway. If the deal is smaller and doesn't deliver then the likes of Lenagan and McManus will face a backlash anyway.

The real question for us all now is what we can do as fans to protect ourselves. It's no use us sitting here talking about bricks and false promises. Everything we've done and pursued has been with the best interest of getting a ground together.

At the end of the day, we're in a district where the council have done nothing to support its two teams - more than happy to sit back and let commercial operations try and foot the bill. Is it time for us to apply some pressure like Wakefield have done as a club to WMDC to start pushing forward and working with Axiom to get it delivered. There must be something they can do?

On top of that, is it time for us to start working with sponsors to see what they can do either get Axiom off the ground too? They must be able to forward sponsor stands that can contribute financially to building some of it?

And finally, what can we as fans do? We know we need money and we're not affluent as fans but anything counts right?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 19 Feb 2019, 18:54

HuddsTigers wrote:I can see why that would be but I'm not inclined to agree from my perspective - I think it would be suicidal from a brand perspective and I think they'd alienate the small pool of existing fans they already have.

At the end of the day, we bring an entertaining brand of rugby and a huge fanbase and clearly we're attractive for Sky too because of this success. We're also one of only a few clubs turning a profit and a new ground is something outside of the club's control. There's nothing we can do and the RFL know this. If Axiom fails it won't be our fault, we can't redevelop the existing ground because we don't have £20m to do so, and any loans will fall on Wheldon Rd which could see us homeless or bust anyway. It's senseless and bad practice to even put pressure on this - that's not to say we should get complacent but there has to be some rationality.

As someone else has mentioned, if we're cutting teams, the poorer half of the distract (Wakefield) would go before us. I also think we offer more than Salford, Huddersfield, Hull KR, London.

That's not we're replaceable but if we go down I'd like to think it'd be where it matters most - on the field than from a man in a suit, who will only be in post a short time anyway. If the deal is smaller and doesn't deliver then the likes of Lenagan and McManus will face a backlash anyway.

The real question for us all now is what we can do as fans to protect ourselves. It's no use us sitting here talking about bricks and false promises. Everything we've done and pursued has been with the best interest of getting a ground together.

At the end of the day, we're in a district where the council have done nothing to support its two teams - more than happy to sit back and let commercial operations try and foot the bill. Is it time for us to apply some pressure like Wakefield have done as a club to WMDC to start pushing forward and working with Axiom to get it delivered. There must be something they can do?

On top of that, is it time for us to start working with sponsors to see what they can do either get Axiom off the ground too? They must be able to forward sponsor stands that can contribute financially to building some of it?

And finally, what can we as fans do? We know we need money and we're not affluent as fans but anything counts right?
lets not forget the super league new boss Robert elstone does not hide the fact is passion his cas tigers , being a fan since young boy might help us if franchise ever came back in ;) ;)

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 19 Feb 2019, 18:57

good to have you back Hudds.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Feb 2019, 18:59

Being a fan in reality means little to be honest to me. He's paid a job and he has to separate the two, and sometimes even as a fan you have to make a decision that affects your passion in the wider and best interests of the sport.

We're not invincible and anything I've mentioned could change at a drop. However, what we do have is a fanbase of ardent fans and in a time of need we will always be there.

But it's our club and it's time for us to fight as fans, sponsors, and as a club to get what we need. We have to take back control of our own destiny. Don't know how much new stadium is going to cost off the top of my head but what do Axiom need to get it off the ground is the question? And is it time to consider selling Wheldon Road to put into the pot? I know we'd like it as a training ground but let's see if WMDC can do something in Ponte Park for us instead.

Even if we could get £5m together between fans, sponsors and selling Wheldon Rd, surely that's something? At least one stand ticked off?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 19 Feb 2019, 19:10

HuddsTigers wrote:Being a fan in reality means little to be honest to me. He's paid a job and he has to separate the two, and sometimes even as a fan you have to make a decision that affects your passion in the interests of the sport.

We're not invincible and anything I've mentioned could change at a drop. However, what we do have is a fanbase of ardent fans and in a time of need we will always be there.

But it's our club and it's time for us to fight as fans, sponsors, and as a club to get what we need. We have to take back control of our own destiny.
Good post whats your ideas what do you have in mind thats not all ready bieng done. we all vote labour council out next local election lol no chance on that . I will not vote for yvette cooper any way on her brexit stand. Lets here your ideas lad any things worth trying lets all stand together now on this.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 19 Feb 2019, 19:24

as any body else heard any thing what the announcement on march 12th going to be or is it still between the select few

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 19 Feb 2019, 20:09

HuddsTigers wrote:Being a fan in reality means little to be honest to me. He's paid a job and he has to separate the two, and sometimes even as a fan you have to make a decision that affects your passion in the wider and best interests of the sport.

But it's our club and it's time for us to fight as fans, sponsors, and as a club to get what we need. We have to take back control of our own destiny. Don't know how much new stadium is going to cost off the top of my head but what do Axiom need to get it off the ground is the question? And is it time to consider selling Wheldon Road to put into the pot? I know we'd like it as a training ground but let's see if WMDC can do something in Ponte Park for us instead.

Even if we could get £5m together between fans, sponsors and selling Wheldon Rd, surely that's something? At least one stand ticked off?
:clap: great post hudds.....

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 19 Feb 2019, 20:23

Dez wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Being a fan in reality means little to be honest to me. He's paid a job and he has to separate the two, and sometimes even as a fan you have to make a decision that affects your passion in the wider and best interests of the sport.

:clap: great post hudds.....
the trouble if we sell wheldon road large percent off that goes straight to mr fulton any more ideas

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Feb 2019, 21:55

While you are right, if the club goes into administration he may not get all his cash back anyway. At the end of the day Mr Fulton has a choice to make. He can make CTRLFC great and secure the loan against the new stadium, forfeiting the repayment in the process.

It needs a concierted effort from everyone.

If Cas/sponsors/fans can fund one stand, council get a loan like Leeds Council did for Headingley and stump up the cash for another, and Axiom/GMI “sponsor” a third and we give a lifetime sponsorship to a company for the 4th surely that’s a viable plan.

Surely it’s better to get one new stadium in the district than not have one at all.

We could have the Jack Fulton Stand paid for by Cas fans/community, the WMDC Community Stand with community facilities, the GMI Stand and then the Betfred Stand or whoever for the stand opposite the TV cameras.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Feb 2019, 21:58

flow wrote:as any body else heard any thing what the announcement on march 12th going to be or is it still between the select few
no body said it would be an announcement, but we will find out ;)
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Feb 2019, 22:02

HuddsTigers wrote:While you are right, if the club goes into administration he may not get all his cash back anyway. At the end of the day Mr Fulton has a choice to make. He can make CTRLFC great and secure the loan against the new stadium, forfeiting the repayment in the process.

If Cas/sponsors/fans can fund one stand, council get a loan like Leeds Council did for Headingley and stump up the cash for another, and Axiom/GMI “sponsor” a third and we give a lifetime sponsorship to a company for the 4th surely that’s a viable plan.

Surely it’s better to get one new stadium in the district than not have one at all.

We could have the Jack Fulton Stand paid for by Cas fans/community, the WMDC Community Stand with community facilities, the GMI Stand and then the Betfred Stand or whoever for the stand opposite the TV cameras.
its feasible but like you say it needs a concerted effort.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 19 Feb 2019, 22:43

lurcher wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:While you are right, if the club goes into administration he may not get all his cash back anyway. At the end of the day Mr Fulton has a choice to make. He can make CTRLFC great and secure the loan against the new stadium, forfeiting the repayment in the process.

We could have the Jack Fulton Stand paid for by Cas fans/community, the WMDC Community Stand with community facilities, the GMI Stand and then the Betfred Stand or whoever for to he stand opposite the TV cameras.
its feasible but like you say it needs a concerted effort.
if the council agreement stills stands axiom got to pay and build the all thing before they even think about building the other units. Now way council will fund it or sponsors. Be interesting meeting 12th if they turn up i would not be that cofident them turning up but think as many as possible should go just in case.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 Feb 2019, 08:43

yes we are all frustrated , but the simple fact is with out Axiom being able to get the tenants signed up we are in a bad place RE stadium, they have put a lot of money into getting the scheme of the ground if it comes to nothing they will be big looses, if it does not get off the ground we have only got the Fultons to turn too, would they want to pump a large amount of cash into Weldon road, in my mind I think not

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 20 Feb 2019, 10:38

He’ll continue to rubbish every MP that chooses to leave the sinking ship, I would take him a bit more seriously if he were to give us a list of all the Labour MP’s that he doesn’t want in the party before they jumped!

For instance I would be quite happy for Soubry to Foxtrot Oscar

I’m sure the likes of Balls-Cooper and Liz Kendal to name only 2 don’t sit comfortably with his hard left leanings

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 20 Feb 2019, 11:01

Elstone is funded by and working for the super league clubs.would Cas vote themselves out of existence along with wakey and London.

Renting a stadium is very different to owning one. Wakey for one have nearly been thrown out of belle Vue in the last few years. Wigan have been in dispute with Wigan football for a while.

I'm sure they will agree something and it'll be interesting how the voting works. In pretty sure any vote would have to be agree by all teams or they could work in harmony to rid themselves of teams.

Now I'm not a wakey fan but they bring more to the fans than hudds, Salford and London and thus money.