New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Nu Shooze » 04 Jan 2019, 14:59

The Firm wrote:
Tycho Nestoris wrote:Long time reader, first time poster.

So the wmdc are acting as ‘fixers’ for trinity, helping them get bv onto the books of their community trust. This next part is what’s getting my goat: wmdc are also looking into acquiring a sizeable loan (£15m is the figure I’ve been told), which will be underwritten by their chairman & paid for by the rent which they currently pay to use BV.
And the apparent £3m given upfront to buy the freehold and get the work started. Very nice of them.

You are exactly right when you say this situation is serious for us. If we fail to get any progress on the new stadium then come 2022 and the start if the new tv contract period then there is every chance we will be championship bound. I promise you superlegue IS going to clamp down on clubs with poor facilities after this point and relegation through franching is not just a possibility but a likelihood. A plan B is now essential, doing nothing is NOT an option.
Elston has already said that Superleague will not hang around forever waiting for clubs’ perennial promises to come to fruition, they will act. Make of that what you will.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 04 Jan 2019, 15:07

Nu Shooze wrote:
The Firm wrote:

So the wmdc are acting as ‘fixers’ for trinity, helping them get bv onto the books of their community trust. This next part is what’s getting my goat: wmdc are also looking into acquiring a sizeable loan (£15m is the figure I’ve been told), which will be underwritten by their chairman & paid for by the rent which they currently pay to use BV.
And the apparent £3m given upfront to buy the freehold and get the work started. Very nice of them.

You are exactly right when you say this situation is serious for us. If we fail to get any progress on the new stadium then come 2022 and the start if the new tv contract period then there is every chance we will be championship bound. I promise you superlegue IS going to clamp down on clubs with poor facilities after this point and relegation through franching is not just a possibility but a likelihood. A plan B is now essential, doing nothing is NOT an option.
Elston has already said that Superleague will not hang around forever waiting for clubs’ perennial promises to come to fruition, they will act. Make of that what you will.
Maybe we would need to relocate to keep our SL status with Cas becoming a NL1 side and feeder team to the SL team

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 04 Jan 2019, 15:18

KB80 wrote:
The Firm wrote:Oh and I was talking about our new ground today to a gentleman who has his ear very close to the ground (no pun intended) on all things developmental in the area. It’s ‘stalled’. Quite simply not enough retailers are currently willing to sign up to make it viable at this point. And to be honest the chance of that situation changing anytime soon is slim.

If Wakey get their refurb don’t doubt for a minute we are in trouble moving forward. Clubs will not be able to continue playing in sub-standard stadia in the top division for ever. Superleagues medium term vision is one of modernisation.
I was told 6 months ago that less than 20% of the retail space had been 'filled' and potential major retailers had been pretty much exhausted. Came directly from someone who would probably know too. No new retailers announced since then and no genuine progress....
Another thing I was told that I forgot to mention was that the contracts signed by those who have signed up to the project are not for an indefinate period, they have time limit clauses. So the longer it drags on with no progress then the closer it gets to those retailers being able to pull out of the deal. Now I have no idea when this cut-off point is, or even if they would want to withdraw, but feelers will have been put out before this project even started out and given the outline planning application for this development originally went in five years ago this coming July then the point will soon be approaching where they could change their minds.

Tycho Nestoris

Post by Tycho Nestoris » 04 Jan 2019, 15:37

The Firm wrote:

My understanding is that the threat of high court action got a lot of people moving very quickly. They must have some serious dirt on someone very influential.

Many saw yorkcourt coming a mile off & said openly on here so when their white elephant came to be, many weren’t surprised. For them to be gifted this money to make up for a poor 106 & dodgy developer doesn’t seem right or fair for other clubs within the district.

Tycho Nestoris

Post by Tycho Nestoris » 04 Jan 2019, 15:39

Sharlotiger wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:
The Firm wrote:

Maybe we would need to relocate to keep our SL status with Cas becoming a NL1 side and feeder team to the SL team
Michael Carter has cried this (like a petulant child) for years now & now the council are bending over backwards to please him.

Maybe we should do the same.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 04 Jan 2019, 15:40

it would be a no brainer to loss CAS to super league, Sky love us on the TV see the amount of matches to start the season we have been allocated, it looks better to see a full Weldon RD than a big empty stadium , our away support is one of the best in the league, the local amateur sides produce the players of the future kill CAS you would see a drop in young people wanting to play the game, but there again we are talking about the RFL

Tycho Nestoris

Post by Tycho Nestoris » 04 Jan 2019, 16:07

gateman wrote:it would be a no brainer to loss CAS to super league, Sky love us on the TV see the amount of matches to start the season we have been allocated, it looks better to see a full Weldon RD than a big empty stadium , our away support is one of the best in the league, the local amateur sides produce the players of the future kill CAS you would see a drop in young people wanting to play the game, but there again we are talking about the RFL
With the greatest amount of respect, I think you’re overstating our importance. Nobody can deny that we’ve had one of the best periods in our history, mainly down to a fantastic coach. But should we falter, do you think they’d still be singing our praises, or would they be bleating about a resurgent Bradford or back onto talking up Leigh or Widnes? The anchors just praise the flavour of the week. We’re just incredibly fortunate it’s been us for a while.

Playing out of WR as is & not moving to J32 will mean a serious decline. SL are putting on mounting pressure, which we shrug off year on year & cast an irrelevance as we’re moving to a new ground, or so we tell the powers that be.
If not by SL, the decline will come through pressure at a board level. IF demands his £2m+ interest when we leave, what happens if we don’t. Either he calls in his loan & restricts us to the point of strangulation, or carries on taking interest payments (which will come from grounds remaining value). If the latter comes to be, we’ve lost our home & will be in a similar situation to wt.

This goes far deeper than what some clown on sky says/is reading from a video printers.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 04 Jan 2019, 16:31

First of all, where is the fairness? Box, who claims to love ct, knows how much of a danger this would be & must surely look to finding a similar deal for us & fr (if they want it).

If this preferential treatmeant has come about from their chairman throwing his toys out of the cot, maybe we should have been crying about leaving Castleford.

As for a plan B: Scunthorpe are due to upgrade their stadium, buying their old stands & moving them to wr could be something to consider- if fr can do it, why can’t ct?
Where have you got this info regarding Trinity matey? Have you a link or is it just hearsay?

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 04 Jan 2019, 16:39

The Firm wrote:

Where have you read about us getting £3M to buy a freehold? I've not seen any of these rumours till coming on here.

Tycho Nestoris

Post by Tycho Nestoris » 04 Jan 2019, 16:45

The offer from Michael Carter was made publically. My information as to the offer being taken up has come from someone associated with our club.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 04 Jan 2019, 20:46

JIN JER wrote:

First of all, where is the fairness? Box, who claims to love ct, knows how much of a danger this would be & must surely look to finding a similar deal for us & fr (if they want it).

If this preferential treatmeant has come about from their chairman throwing his toys out of the cot, maybe we should have been crying about leaving Castleford.

As for a plan B: Scunthorpe are due to upgrade their stadium, buying their old stands & moving them to wr could be something to consider- if fr can do it, why can’t ct?
Where have you got this info regarding Trinity matey? Have you a link or is it just hearsay?

Please don’t tell me you’re falling for this “long time reader, first time poster” nonsense Jinj!
Now I’m not denying that there might not be some truth in the content, but this has all the hallmarks of a classic mischief making troll, trying to wind up fans. My best guess is that Tycho Nestoris has a different username on the wakey board of RLfans.
Seems we’ve had a lot of new posters this last few weeks, which curiously started around the same time your board had the same. [REMOVED] for tat rabble rousing which spoils the debate for everyone.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Jan 2019, 21:05

More wakey fans on here than cas ;)
Or cas with a bitterness to things that have happened to them
Most stick out like a sore thumb tbh
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 05 Jan 2019, 03:37

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
JIN JER wrote:

Please don’t tell me you’re falling for this “long time reader, first time poster” nonsense Jinj!
Now I’m not denying that there might not be some truth in the content, but this has all the hallmarks of a classic mischief making troll, trying to wind up fans. My best guess is that Tycho Nestoris has a different username on the wakey board of RLfans.
Seems we’ve had a lot of new posters this last few weeks, which curiously started around the same time your board had the same. [REMOVED] for tat rabble rousing which spoils the debate for everyone.
Wakey troll or not he has got it pretty much bang on. What he says is on the money about both the deal and the consequences moving forward. Personal preference whether you believe or not but I implore people to not bury their heads in the sand over this. The situation is serious.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 05 Jan 2019, 10:23

The Firm wrote:
JIN JER wrote:

Wakey troll or not he has got it pretty much bang on. What he says is on the money about both the deal and the consequences moving forward. Personal preference whether you believe or not but I implore people to not bury their heads in the sand over this. The situation is serious.

I’m not disputing that the content may be true, but the fact is that no-one knows.......yet (personally I’ve always been in “I’ll believe it when I’m sat in it” camp). The point I’m trying to make is more about the tone of the posts, which, to me at least, feel like they are trying to stir up a response i.e. trolling. I’m all for talking about the situation, but just feel that knee-jerk reactions & getting angry on a forum help no-one; least of all the fans.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 05 Jan 2019, 11:53

JIN JER wrote:

I'm not steady, that's why I asked for a link.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 05 Jan 2019, 11:55

Tycho Nestoris wrote:The offer from Michael Carter was made publically. My information as to the offer being taken up has come from someone associated with our club.
Tycho Nestoris - isn't that the BANKER from the Iron Bank of Bravos in Game of Thrones ? ;)

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 05 Jan 2019, 12:25

Tigerade wrote:
Tycho Nestoris wrote:The offer from Michael Carter was made publically. My information as to the offer being taken up has come from someone associated with our club.
Tycho Nestoris - isn't that the BANKER from the Iron Bank of Bravos in Game of Thrones ? ;)
Yeah, I googled that but couldn't remember any poster from our board called the Banker, has there been anyone on here using that name? :)

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 05 Jan 2019, 13:38

Don't know Jinge but there seems to be a few of your lot joining Casforum lately. :D

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 05 Jan 2019, 13:46

Tigerade wrote:Don't know Jinge but there seems to be a few of your lot joining Casforum lately. :D
Don't tar me with the same brush Tigerade :) . I really don't understand multiple persona, there really is something seriously wrong with people that create accounts just to offend people. One negative of the internet I suppose.

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 06 Jan 2019, 20:21

Be told the large new building across from Xs cape is going to be a new next store. Sounds like the new ground and the shopping centre could be dead in the water. If true cannot understand why castleford have not told the support what is going on.