New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 21 Oct 2018, 21:24

But we are on sky at home and not on a sunday

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 21 Oct 2018, 21:41

On the Salford website it says that they have requested to play on Sundays. They had some sort of fan's meeting and it was voted the most popular day.

Then at the bottom of the article it says that all fixtures are subject to Sky TV changes.

So a bit of a nonsense story really, no doubt if they are playing the following Thursday they'll move the Sunday game back at short notice just like they did with London away in the qualifiers.

It's a PR exercise to try and sell more season tickets, nothing more and nothing less.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Oct 2018, 22:11

chesterfieldtiger wrote:But we are on sky at home and not on a sunday
But when we aren’t on Sky our designated kick off time is 3:30pm on a Sunday unless we need to change to avoid short turnarounds.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Oct 2018, 23:40

if Salford play Sundays more than likely my Son and I will be there Thursday Friday night no chance, if the league could enforce it I am sure the gates would go up through out the league if only TV matches were played Thursday and Friday, this seems common sense so I don't expect it to happen

Easy Tiger 2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Easy Tiger 2 » 21 Oct 2018, 23:53

You’re right Chesterfield I presume it means their preference is for Sunday’s like ours is for 3.30 kick offs rather than 3pm like most other teams.

We played some Friday night games that weren’t on sky last season as I recall too but guess money talks and Sky probably ask for two or three games on a Friday so they can take their pick closer to the time.

Salford might get 3500 instead of 3000 most weeks now,make all the difference!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 22 Oct 2018, 09:36

JIN JER wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
flow wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Robbo wrote:I understand the supporters club have written for an up date several times.
Maybe someone can tell us if they have had a reply.
They carry more weight than one person as they speak for the members.
Anyone know if they got a reply yet ?
Robbo
And you were becoming so positive about being a Cas fan.
just don't get some people on here call your self a moderate as well. the people who are bothered about the new ground are the ones who have being positive and bothered about the future off the club . mart0042 I wonder if your really a cas fan at all. I also have tried contacting axiom by email and no reply ever. a think even hudds tiger his even starting to wonder what the hell is happening. so martoo42 don't you dare question peoples loyalty to the club for being sick off left in the dark. I was on the board off the original fans supports group which formed after the lose to barrow don't start saying I am a wakey fan ever .
But don't fans stay together through thick and thin. In the rough times, the fans keep the club alive and in good times enjoy the fun.

The point isn't loyalty or a matter of who supports a team more or for the longest time. I'm a relative newcomer, first match was 1977, that I can remember
I saw my first home Cas game before you. :dance:
Gritty days. Winter rugby. Soup at half time.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Oct 2018, 09:44

Easy Tiger 2 wrote:
You’re right Chesterfield I presume it means their preference is for Sunday’s like ours is for 3.30 kick offs rather than 3pm like most other teams.

We played some Friday night games that weren’t on sky last season as I recall too but guess money talks and Sky probably ask for two or three games on a Friday so they can take their pick closer to the time.

Salford might get 3500 instead of 3000 most weeks now,make all the difference!
If Salford could up there gates by 500 this takes in another 10,000 pound through the turnstiles the last Sunday game i went to at Salford we took over 1,000

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 22 Oct 2018, 09:49

Regarding Sunday fixtures.

Leeds play on a Friday and tend to get sky matches allocated more often than not on a Friday, this keeping the movement of fixtures to a minimum. Not a bad ploy.

Salford fans, some of them, don't want Sunday rugby as it clashes with youth and junior rugby. Something to do with the spread of teams in the North West. In Yorkshire juniors you have the distance between Doncaster and Cramlington (Newcastle), also Keighley and Hull. Pretty far and I've missed matches taking the boys to away fixtures.

It's about trialling it and being prepared to change. It is certainly easier getting over the pennines on Sunday rather than a Thursday or Friday, if you don't rely on away support, which would be a good thing, we had healthy crowd against catalans.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Oct 2018, 18:14

Determination deadline missed by WMDC for the Reserved Matters (resubmitted/updated) for Phases 1 and 2a. :roll:

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 23 Oct 2018, 18:28

HuddsTigers wrote:Determination deadline missed by WMDC for the Reserved Matters (resubmitted/updated) for Phases 1 and 2a. :roll:
WMDC seem to be the biggest problem, why cant they get their act together & let us get on with the development ](*,)

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 23 Oct 2018, 20:43

Is there a new deadline?

Seems to be a lot of unrest in the Labour Council with some of the council leaders own party wanting rid of him and the conservatives looking to raise a vote of no confidence! I wonder if this is having an impact on the general runn8ng of things?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Oct 2018, 20:59

I’ll keep an eye out but still says 23rd. Maybe they are just slow at updating.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 24 Oct 2018, 09:45

yorky wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Determination deadline missed by WMDC for the Reserved Matters (resubmitted/updated) for Phases 1 and 2a. :roll:
WMDC seem to be the biggest problem, why cant they get their act together & let us get on with the development ](*,)
wakefield council are a shambles when it comes to local sports facility's .if was a aldi waist off time art museum or bloody mosque would have being built by now :evil:

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 24 Oct 2018, 09:49

HuddsTigers wrote:I’ll keep an eye out but still says 23rd. Maybe they are just slow at updating.
Here's hoping. I wouldn't have thought they'd want to delay a multi million pounds project and associated short and long term jobs.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Oct 2018, 09:50

Can’t understand WMDC it’s not like they are putting any money into the project.
To busy lining there own pockets.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 24 Oct 2018, 09:53

yorky wrote:
Now where have I heard that one before? :lol:

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 24 Oct 2018, 09:56

HuddsTigers wrote:I’ll keep an eye out but still says 23rd. Maybe they are just slow at updating.
Sorry Hudds are you saying that it may have been dealt with and it’s just the portal hasn’t been appropriately updated or it’s definitely missed but they haven’t yet provided a new deadline date?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Oct 2018, 12:16

WallTiger wrote:
Sorry Hudds are you saying that it may have been dealt with and it’s just the portal hasn’t been appropriately updated or it’s definitely missed but they haven’t yet provided a new deadline date?
It could have been determined yesterday but they just haven’t uploaded the documents. But still nothing changed now and uploaded.

Determination deadline still not updated, no new documents uploaded.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 24 Oct 2018, 13:07

HuddsTigers wrote:
WallTiger wrote:
It could have been determined yesterday but they just haven’t uploaded the documents. But still nothing changed now and uploaded.

Determination deadline still not updated, no new documents uploaded.
have emailed axiom and lateral no response on this issue cant beat being left in dark thanks for checking for us any way

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 24 Oct 2018, 14:10

i think its wakefield council people ought to be emailing & asking whats the hold up?