New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by yorky » 28 Oct 2017, 08:27

TheSheriff wrote:It's 100% happening, all 3 big name companies that are opening shops there have already started informing staff in the surrounding Cities that stores will be opening in Castleford at the site within the next couple of years (in regards to things like transferring to a closer store etc).

Too many massive companies have spent too much money for this not to happen now, don't let the bitter Wakey idiots make you doubt that.
great to read that TheSheriff & thanks for some positive input.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Oct 2017, 09:54

Like to hear something from lateral now and again though.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 28 Oct 2017, 10:07

TheSheriff wrote:It's 100% happening, all 3 big name companies that are opening shops there have already started informing staff in the surrounding Cities that stores will be opening in Castleford at the site within the next couple of years (in regards to things like transferring to a closer store etc).

Too many massive companies have spent too much money for this not to happen now, don't let the bitter Wakey idiots make you doubt that.
Where in this thread have "bitter Wakey idiots" posted? Pretty childish deflection there, this thread was started and continued by worried Cas fans. And notice no bitterness from myself. ;)

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Oct 2017, 10:16

JIN JER wrote:

Where in this thread have "bitter Wakey idiots" posted? Pretty childish deflection there, this thread was started and continued by worried Cas fans. And notice no bitterness from myself. ;)

The opening post said he'd heard from 2 sources.
These sources could be Wakefield fans.... could be stirring it.
I think it's a load of bull.

As for you jing think you are a decent poster.......for a Wakefield fan :D

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 28 Oct 2017, 10:18

old cas lass wrote:
JIN JER wrote:

The opening post said he'd heard from 2 sources.
These sources could be Wakefield fans.... could be stirring it.
I think it's a load of bull.

As for you ging I think you are a decent poster.......for a Wakefield fan :D
I'll take that. :)

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 28 Oct 2017, 11:08

Guys, my initial post came from 2 ardent fans of Cas who are business people (Season Ticket Holders) with successful businesses and not Wakey fans.

I am the worst sceptic on rumours but these were two credible sources however, unsure where there sources lie either as to being credible.

My original post was to ask if anyone else has heard from other sources obviously deemed credible.

One of the sources (who told me) elaborated that 2 retailers earmarked for moving in are bombing out !

I advise not to believe this just yet but I was/am tapping the grapevine if anyone else has heard similar.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 28 Oct 2017, 11:09

No panic folks - we could always stay at Wheldon Road. Here's the idea:-

Get the council to re-coup say £15 million from Lateral and GMR then put a new main stand in and seats in the Railway End. New hospitality facilities could then be added. We could even agree to pay a bit of interest on the loan.

With the £15 million there would even be enough to add some community facilities if we bought a bit of land nearer to the old pit site. We would then be able to get extra funding if we got the "it's for the community" tag. "Think of the poor obese children in the area" - that would draw of the old heart-strings.

We wouldn't have to pay any rent because we own it, and we would take all the profits from the food and bar sales.

I know it sounds like some lame-brained idea but you never know - it might just work if we all bombard WMDC and organize a march, a petition, get the RFL on our side and so on. Put some pressure on Box and his cronies.

I'm sure the ratepayers won't mind funding it. ;)

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 28 Oct 2017, 11:16

Tigerade wrote:No panic folks - we could always stay at Wheldon Road. Here's the idea:-

Get the council to re-coup say £15 million from Lateral and GMR then put a new main stand in and seats in the Railway End. New hospitality facilities could then be added. We could even agree to pay a bit of interest on the loan.

With the £15 million there would even be enough to add some community facilities if we bought a bit of land nearer to the old pit site. We would then be able to get extra funding if we got the "it's for the community" tag. "Think of the poor obese children in the area" - that would draw of the old heart-strings.

We wouldn't have to pay any rent because we own it, and we would take all the profits from the food and bar sales.

I know it sounds like some lame-brained idea but you never know - it might just work if we all bombard WMDC and organize a march, a petition, get the RFL on our side and so on. Put some pressure on Box and his cronies.

I'm sure the ratepayers won't mind funding it. ;)
Can anyone advise how you put a "yawn" emoji on an answer? :)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2017, 11:33

GMI have also loaned Lateral £5m according to Companies House too so I’m sure they will have something to say too.

If anyone is worried, best thing to do is email Steve Gill.

As it stands, Lateral are waiting for a planning application to change the petrol station to a car showroom to be approved.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2017, 11:42

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2017, 11:47

Just putting all the info I find on here

GMI submitted for a permit from the Environment Agency in August https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... pplication

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Oct 2017, 11:50

That September mean the one just gone.
Or the one coming 2018.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2017, 12:01

One just gone. It was published in June 2017

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 28 Oct 2017, 12:06

Lateral have taken out a short term loan (to be repaid within 5 years) of upto £1m, where other investment isn’t available
is it normal for a large company like Lateral to borrow money in this way?

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 28 Oct 2017, 13:13

I'll believe the new ground if I'm sat in it watching Cas play, until then I'm not overly optimistic.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Oct 2017, 13:25

alftupper wrote:We need an intervention here from the Huddstigers to provide some reassurance, maybe along the lines of ‘we will be in the new stadium for the start of the 2014 season’

er, oh hang on...
:dance: :dance: :dance:

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 28 Oct 2017, 16:57

this info about clearing the site came from the other side of the common waky prats up to making mischief.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 28 Oct 2017, 22:37

yorky wrote:
Lateral have taken out a short term loan (to be repaid within 5 years) of upto £1m, where other investment isn’t available
is it normal for a large company like Lateral to borrow money in this way?
Absolutely. Companies like Lateral do not provide the finance themselves. The GH site was not bought by money which came from Lateral.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 28 Oct 2017, 23:33

The alterations to the roads starts within the next few weeks with the roundabout being done first. If the scheme was not going ahead this would have been cancelled as they have to bear the cost.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 29 Oct 2017, 10:15

yorkie1bn wrote:this info about clearing the site came from the other side of the common waky prats up to making mischief.
Jeez, keep up at the back, the OP posted this on page 2.

Quote.
Guys, my initial post came from 2 ardent fans of Cas who are business people (Season Ticket Holders) with successful businesses and not Wakey fans.