New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by lurcher » 07 Sep 2018, 16:32

tigerfeat wrote:All this fishing crap I seem to have lost my sense of humour ha ha
you've spelt carp wrong
jo brand is eddie warings love child

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 07 Sep 2018, 16:57

flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
flow wrote:
WallTiger wrote:Went past the site the other evening and whilst they were on the Ponte side of the land there were several large diggers parked up. Possible signs work to commence on the highways ? :pray:
no mate there flatting land ponty side big house build note to do we cas side they was a rainbow over cas side lol. three weeks to go for hudds tigers deadline when some thing starts to happen fingers crossed or hes going to look pretty stupid lol .
Why would I look stupid just advising of the info that’s been published by Lateral/Axiom and through the planning portal?

I suspect nothing will happen until the latest revised Reserved Matters application for phase 1 and 2a has been determined and approved by WMDC.

If you want info on a potential start date, email Lateral or Resolve Public Affairs, who are their PR agency.
Not saying u look stupid for posting updates just that u seem to have convinced yourself on the information that it will happen any body douts it you seem to shoot them down.
I only post information that is freely available. Whether it happens or not is a different matter but I’m always optimistic that it will happen.

The simple fact is that the retail can’t open until the stadium is built and handed over.

And the site only has planning permission because of the stadium. It required that because it is a green belt site and so needed special circumstances. The council will not want two stadiums failing in their district IMO. And Cas fans IMO are much more likely to oppose them more strongly than Wakey have.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 07 Sep 2018, 17:37

I think you’re doing a bit of a dis-service & underestimating the amount of work that certain wakey fans have put in there Hudds. People are mostly the same all over the district; quick to anger & happy to bump their gums, but ultimately do very little. That small band at SWAG deserve a medal for the amount of blood, sweat & tears they have shed over the years & I havent encountered anyone on this side of the common who can say the same, so any expectation that the outcome would be different if/when big business decides it doesn’t need us anymore is beyond optimistic in my opinion.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 07 Sep 2018, 21:52

Maybe so but for too long it’s been wait and see, wait and see.

Meanwhile, the council/Yorkcourt keep leading them a merry dance. The time for negotiating stopped a while back, the time for action is now.

Opposing a planning application is all well and good but the letter doesn’t provide any real planning reasons to oppose it. It will go through and then what? More whinging and inaction. The last one went through without any opposition. People have put their heart and soul into the fight granted but it’s time to notch it up a level.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 07 Sep 2018, 23:16

haven't been able to access rlfans for an update but last i saw 350 objections. they seem to have around 4,000 fans so where are they all? perhaps they are war weary and have just been ground down by yorkcourt who seem to have out manourvered them at every turn.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 08 Sep 2018, 08:38

lurcher wrote:haven't been able to access rlfans for an update but last i saw 350 objections. they seem to have around 4,000 fans so where are they all? perhaps they are war weary and have just been ground down by yorkcourt who seem to have out manourvered them at every turn.
Is it 350 objections or 1 objection written 350 times. How many would have bothered if they didn’t just have to copy & paste the template provided for them?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 08 Sep 2018, 08:44

WallTiger wrote:
lurcher wrote:haven't been able to access rlfans for an update but last i saw 350 objections. they seem to have around 4,000 fans so where are they all? perhaps they are war weary and have just been ground down by yorkcourt who seem to have out manourvered them at every turn.
Is it 350 objections or 1 objection written 350 times. How many would have bothered if they didn’t just have to copy & paste the template provided for them?[/

To be fare saying they have been ground down by promised grounds kettle calling kettle i feel frustrated no sign off are ground ever :oops:

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 10 Sep 2018, 13:06

JIN JER wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
lurcher wrote:we like a bit of funk and garage, but if we want a bit of grime we go to belle vue. :lol:
I'm gonna educate a few on here. A great band from Goole, "Sandra's wedding", great melodies and cutting lyrics, I love them, and one of the guitarist's is a Cas fan. Enjoy
He posts on here too.
Ok cheers, what name does he post under?

Haha, that might be me - it's a small world! Thanks for the shout out about the band, much appreciated. I wore my Cas shirt for the encore of a a gig we did on the eve of the Grand Final, although it didn't do us much good sadly!

Apologies for derailing the thread once again...

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 10 Sep 2018, 14:02

Morrissey wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
lurcher wrote:we like a bit of funk and garage, but if we want a bit of grime we go to belle vue. :lol:
I'm gonna educate a few on here. A great band from Goole, "Sandra's wedding", great melodies and cutting lyrics, I love them, and one of the guitarist's is a Cas fan. Enjoy
He posts on here too.

Haha, that might be me - it's a small world! Thanks for the shout out about the band, much appreciated. I wore my Cas shirt for the encore of a a gig we did on the eve of the Grand Final, although it didn't do us much good sadly!
Ha ha , nice one, hopefully you'll be playing around Wakey in the near future, I missed you at Thornes park, we had a flight booked. :)

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 10 Sep 2018, 22:33

Morrissey wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
He posts on here too.

Goole?!? ;)
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 11 Sep 2018, 07:11

WF10 wrote:
Morrissey wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
JIN JER wrote: I'm gonna educate a few on here. A great band from Goole, "Sandra's wedding", great melodies and cutting lyrics, I love them, and one of the guitarist's is a Cas fan. Enjoy

Goole?!? ;)
I'm from Cas, the other three are from Goole - I suppose someone has to be ;)

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 27 Sep 2018, 00:03

well only a week to go before we reach another start date is any body feeling confident we will see some movement in October . I don t think even hudds tiger will be feeling confident and is one off the biggest believers . Be nice October double grand final win and a bit off shovelling off muck to go with it. :pray:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Sep 2018, 06:45

The two Reserved Matters planning applications are still to be determined by WMDC (one of which is phases 1 and 2). The determination deadline for WMDC is mid-October for this one, and the other is November.

As you can see, WMDC don’t exactly move fast when dealing with these given the first one was submitted in June.

In terms of confidence, I’m nonplussed. Not beholden to what they put on their website. It’s clear that it’s approximate that they hoped they would start in this period but the works are set to run from now until next year anyway. I’d be more concerned if they had bypassed the end date, not the rough start date.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Sep 2018, 08:05

Went passed yesterday does not look like a site where things are going to start happening anytime soon
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Sep 2018, 08:53

me two I looked over nice bit of unkept farmland is all I could see we can only wait but I am not holding my breath

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 27 Sep 2018, 09:07

HuddsTigers wrote:Construction is to commence in 2018 and will be completed in 2021, according to Axiom/Lateral.

There's 7 month of the year left and it did say Q2/Q3. We're only half way through Q2 - there's still a good 4 and a half months left of this. This is for Highways and Infrastructure to start.

Also another interesting article here https://www.calcalistech.com/ctech/arti ... 77,00.html
maybe being telling a few porky's construction to start in 2018 surely they would be levelling off or something the reverse planning application is surely just a formality . don't think you can use that as a excuse any more for no sign off any thing happening

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Sep 2018, 12:49

flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Construction is to commence in 2018 and will be completed in 2021, according to Axiom/Lateral.

There's 7 month of the year left and it did say Q2/Q3. We're only half way through Q2 - there's still a good 4 and a half months left of this. This is for Highways and Infrastructure to start.

Also another interesting article here https://www.calcalistech.com/ctech/arti ... 77,00.html
maybe being telling a few porky's construction to start in 2018 surely they would be levelling off or something the reverse planning application is surely just a formality . don't think you can use that as a excuse any more for no sign off any thing happening

Given the first phase is the roads, I highly doubt you'll see much happening on site. It may also tie in with the new link road which is due to go ahead from Cutsyke across Ponte Park and Xscape. Phase 1 is amending the M62 Roundabout, the small roundabout at Bridge St and building the entrance to the site from the Spittal Hardwick side.

However, if you're concerned, why don't you email and ask them?

Lateral: info@lateralproperty.co.uk
Resolve Public Affairs: Scott Royal Scott.royal@resolvepublicaffairs.co.uk
Axiom: info@axiomyorkshire.co.uk

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Sep 2018, 13:24

https://mcmullenwilson.com/scheme/Axiom/21385/

Perhaps even contact the agents listed in the PDF including these guys? May be able to shed some light for you. Instead of panicking or even being critical, why don't you ask?

Plans change, new plans have to be accepted. These include change in details that have to be approved again including minor changes to highways layouts. They aren't going to start work until everything is set in stone.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Sep 2018, 13:27

http://www.costar.co.uk/en/assets/news/ ... -all-that/
The one exception on the modesty front was the Axiom stand, where ebullient managing director Philip Lunn was in fine form drumming up interest in what will be the UK’s first major out of town retail and leisure development for around 20 years - the 106-acre Axiom scheme in Yorkshire - all from a spectacular two-storey digital box and bus packed with gin and, at one point, Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards.

Eddie, who was there to unveil a 20-acre Adventure Park at Axiom, was not the only star speaker on hand either

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Sep 2018, 13:38

And...
Axiom also said funding is secured, and pre-commencement enabling works now completed, with full site works are due to commence over the coming months.
Funding = SECURED
Pre-commencement Enabling Works = COMPLETED

http://www.costar.co.uk/en/assets/news/ ... -a-decade/