New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by CasRus » 27 Oct 2017, 16:59

Guys, I heard from 2 sources (what I think as reliable sources) yesterday that the ground WILL NOT be going ahead and all presently on site have been asked to leave soonest with site security to follow leaving next week !

Now I'm not entirely sure if this is indeed the case as information is only as good as where it emanates from but it seems very worrying.

Might have to be looking at having to redevelop existing site with fit for purpose facilities conforming to SL requirements.

Has anyone else heard these rumblings just now ?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by old cas lass » 27 Oct 2017, 17:09

What’s the so called reason it’s not supposedly not going ahead.
There’s been millions of pounds put into getting it to where it is now.
Why pull the plug and waste all that money.

Seems like you could have been told some fake news here.
Last edited by old cas lass on 27 Oct 2017, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 27 Oct 2017, 17:11

funny you should say that as i passed the site last saturday & it looked like a wilderness with no progress from the last time i passed over a month ago?

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 27 Oct 2017, 17:37

Time to start playing the Euro Millions again then :shock:

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 27 Oct 2017, 17:39

Plenty of work has been done with drainage and with a access road dug out off spital hardwick lane.i don't profess to know anymore than anyone else on this but to have it pulled at this stage something drastic would have had to go wrong.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 27 Oct 2017, 18:11

We need an intervention here from the Huddstigers to provide some reassurance, maybe along the lines of ‘we will be in the new stadium for the start of the 2014 season’

er, oh hang on...

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 27 Oct 2017, 18:49

Haven't got a clue whether this is true or not though the timing makes me think that there could be a bit of mischief making going on given the Wakefield news week.

I never thought I would be saying this, however, if both bits of info are correct then I really think that the time has come for all parties to come together, find a site outside of Wakefield or Castleford (e.g. Normanton, but not exclusively) and concentrate there efforts on getting a stadium built to be shared by the two clubs.

If this information is correct it is the only way forward.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Oct 2017, 18:52

It’s coming up to the winter months. I wouldn’t be surprised if staff do leave the site until the Spring. Weather conditions aren’t favourable and they are doing some groundworks and coal extraction first, which requires decent conditions.

Lateral have also got a pending planning application for the car garage to replace the petrol station, which is still to be determined. I’ll have a dig around on the planning portal but I know that Lateral only responded to some points only last few weeks.

It won’t be scrapped - they have spent millions on it.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Oct 2017, 19:18

OK, I’ve done a little bit of digging and Leeds City Region Revolving Investment Fund have registered several charges against Lateral’s various Glasshoughton/Castleford/Five Towns Park companies on Companies House.

I’m not sure how much or little it means but it means that Lateral have taken out a short term loan (to be repaid within 5 years) of upto £1m, where other investment isn’t available, to help with infrastructure and construction projects. Could be funding to get the site works underway?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Oct 2017, 19:42

we all have to wait till the powers that be want to enlighten us, I have heard, some one told me,, does not wash with me, when the club makes an official statement that is what I will believe, till then sit back and hope, its the thing that CAS fans have got used to

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 27 Oct 2017, 19:53

HuddsTigers wrote:It’s coming up to the winter months. I wouldn’t be surprised if staff do leave the site until the Spring. Weather conditions aren’t favourable and they are doing some groundworks and coal extraction first, which requires decent conditions.

Lateral have also got a pending planning application for the car garage to replace the petrol station, which is still to be determined. I’ll have a dig around on the planning portal but I know that Lateral only responded to some points only last few weeks.

It won’t be scrapped - they have spent millions on it.
I always had full confidence in this scheme going ahead but, as I've said recently, there was consideration given to selling the site as it is. Given what it was bought for and what it could now be worth, with planning approval to build on it, the money spent thus far would be more than recouped.

How far that process went I don't know but, whilst still hopeful, I'm no longer as confident as I once was.

Tyke123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tyke123 » 27 Oct 2017, 20:11

Tiger53 wrote:Haven't got a clue whether this is true or not though the timing makes me think that there could be a bit of mischief making going on given the Wakefield news week.
My thoughts exactly,funny how this news coincides with the bad news at Wakefield.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 28 Oct 2017, 00:30

I drove down Spittal Hardwick lane early this evening and vehicles,equipment etc close to Barkers fencing has definitely been moved (or cleared).

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 28 Oct 2017, 00:58

It's 100% happening, all 3 big name companies that are opening shops there have already started informing staff in the surrounding Cities that stores will be opening in Castleford at the site within the next couple of years (in regards to things like transferring to a closer store etc).

Too many massive companies have spent too much money for this not to happen now, don't let the bitter Wakey idiots make you doubt that.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 28 Oct 2017, 08:27

TheSheriff wrote:It's 100% happening, all 3 big name companies that are opening shops there have already started informing staff in the surrounding Cities that stores will be opening in Castleford at the site within the next couple of years (in regards to things like transferring to a closer store etc).

Too many massive companies have spent too much money for this not to happen now, don't let the bitter Wakey idiots make you doubt that.
great to read that TheSheriff & thanks for some positive input.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Oct 2017, 09:54

Like to hear something from lateral now and again though.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 28 Oct 2017, 10:07

TheSheriff wrote:It's 100% happening, all 3 big name companies that are opening shops there have already started informing staff in the surrounding Cities that stores will be opening in Castleford at the site within the next couple of years (in regards to things like transferring to a closer store etc).

Where in this thread have "bitter Wakey idiots" posted? Pretty childish deflection there, this thread was started and continued by worried Cas fans. And notice no bitterness from myself. ;)

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Oct 2017, 10:16

JIN JER wrote:

Where in this thread have "bitter Wakey idiots" posted? Pretty childish deflection there, this thread was started and continued by worried Cas fans. And notice no bitterness from myself. ;)

The opening post said he'd heard from 2 sources.
These sources could be Wakefield fans.... could be stirring it.
I think it's a load of bull.

As for you jing think you are a decent poster.......for a Wakefield fan :D

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 28 Oct 2017, 10:18

old cas lass wrote:
JIN JER wrote:

The opening post said he'd heard from 2 sources.
These sources could be Wakefield fans.... could be stirring it.
I think it's a load of bull.

As for you ging I think you are a decent poster.......for a Wakefield fan :D
I'll take that. :)