New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by flow » 04 Jan 2019, 00:09

KB80 wrote:
The Firm wrote:Oh and I was talking about our new ground today to a gentleman who has his ear very close to the ground (no pun intended) on all things developmental in the area. It’s ‘stalled’. Quite simply not enough retailers are currently willing to sign up to make it viable at this point. And to be honest the chance of that situation changing anytime soon is slim.

If Wakey get their refurb don’t doubt for a minute we are in trouble moving forward. Clubs will not be able to continue playing in sub-standard stadia in the top division for ever. Superleagues medium term vision is one of modernisation.
I was told 6 months ago that less than 20% of the retail space had been 'filled' and potential major retailers had been pretty much exhausted. Came directly from someone who would probably know too. No new retailers announced since then and no genuine progress....
Was trying to tell hudds tiger and his merry men this for last six months but he would not have it hope we can find another way.the council have to keep the agreement nothing can be built before ground or mark my word it will become new house estate

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 04 Jan 2019, 00:43

It’s abouttime the club gave us a update. And tell us if we will ever see a new ground. You would think the club would Have a good idea what is going on.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 04 Jan 2019, 01:53

HuddsTigers wrote:
Mysterio wrote:For those not well read on this or able to go through 23 pages, can we have a snap shot summary of the latest % chance of us having a new stadium please!
They have started the groundworks on the site I believe. All the planning has been passed. It’s very much on.
just got to laugh at this statement my word :clap: :clap:

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 04 Jan 2019, 02:46

flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Mysterio wrote:For those not well read on this or able to go through 23 pages, can we have a snap shot summary of the latest % chance of us having a new stadium please!
They have started the groundworks on the site I believe. All the planning has been passed. It’s very much on.
just got to laugh at this statement my word :clap: :clap:
Stuff changes, it happens
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 04 Jan 2019, 09:05

it the old adage, "if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is" & all along this is how its seemed for me & sadly its coming true :roll:

Tycho Nestoris

Post by Tycho Nestoris » 04 Jan 2019, 10:03

Long time reader, first time poster.

So the wmdc are acting as ‘fixers’ for trinity, helping them get bv onto the books of their community trust. This next part is what’s getting my goat: wmdc are also looking into acquiring a sizeable loan (£15m is the figure I’ve been told), which will be underwritten by their chairman & paid for by the rent which they currently pay to use BV.

First of all, where is the fairness? Box, who claims to love ct, knows how much of a danger this would be & must surely look to finding a similar deal for us & fr (if they want it).

If this preferential treatmeant has come about from their chairman throwing his toys out of the cot, maybe we should have been crying about leaving Castleford.

As for a plan B: Scunthorpe are due to upgrade their stadium, buying their old stands & moving them to wr could be something to consider- if fr can do it, why can’t ct?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Jan 2019, 10:19

I said 18 months ago we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket and others have said the same now we look to be in a worse position than wakey only theve got a head start on us because we've sat back expecting the ground at Glass Houghton to get built
It still might but let's hope we have other plans just in case
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tycho Nestoris

Post by Tycho Nestoris » 04 Jan 2019, 10:31

tigerfeat wrote:I said 18 months ago we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket and others have said the same now we look to be in a worse position than wakey only theve got a head start on us because we've sat back expecting the ground at Glass Houghton to get built
It still might but let's hope we have other plans just in case
There’s also Millmoor, which has a huge stand that would be perfect for a new main stand. Millmoor has been sitting vacant for almost 18 months, how cheap could we get that.

Personally, I think it’s time to start a stadium trust, run by fans, just like they’ve had at wt for a few years. All ct have had is Hudds & he looks to be a goner by now.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 04 Jan 2019, 11:08

tigerfeat wrote:now we look to be in a worse position than wakey
I can't see how we are in a worse place than Wakey. We own out own ground. Wakey would love to have a fan base, turnover and playing squad like ours.

Tycho Nestoris

Post by Tycho Nestoris » 04 Jan 2019, 11:16

Tigerade wrote:
I can't see how we are in a worse place than Wakey. We own out own ground. Wakey would love to have a fan base, turnover and playing squad like ours.
None of which could matter if we don’t get a fit for purpose stadium sorted BEFORE them. The clock is ticking for both clubs & SL won’t carry on accepting the excuses of both clubs for much longer.

Without the new stadium/an upgraded wr:
- we won’t own the ground, it’ll be swallowed up by director loans. Already £2m can be discounted from the sale of wr. To say we own part of the stadium would be more factually correct & our share is diminishing year on year.
- without a SL place, how long will the fans last? Probably a lot longer than players.

I think some still don’t appreciate how serious the situation is.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Jan 2019, 11:21

Tigerade wrote:
Agree mate I meant in they'd been fighting for a couple of years to try and get something sorted and it looks like they may have got some success if the piece in the rugby paper was correct
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tycho Nestoris

Post by Tycho Nestoris » 04 Jan 2019, 12:03

How long do you expect any of those factors to stay strong if we’re left with nothing & the council bow to pressure & gift them a fully refurbished bv for nothing?

How long before people less educated on our area say “hold on, there’s a ground in your city that meets standards, go play at bv!”

This is that serious!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 04 Jan 2019, 12:36

Just reading a retail finance review at work.

It's not rosy:

- Next's sales fell 9.2% over the festive period vs last year
- M&S results next week are expected to be "not pretty"
- Sports Direct's Mike Ashley quote " 2018 saw the worst November on record for the High Street"
- Many retail companies calling for a reduction in business rates in order to give them a fighting chance
- With the festive period over, many retail companies are staring at potential negative sales & profit impacts due to disruption to supply chains if a sensible Brexit plan isn't reached ahead of us potentially leaving Europe in 84 days

Nothing to cheer us up here.....

Tycho Nestoris

Post by Tycho Nestoris » 04 Jan 2019, 13:02

SuffolkTiger wrote:Just reading a retail finance review at work.

It's not rosy:

- Next's sales fell 9.2% over the festive period vs last year
- M&S results next week are expected to be "not pretty"
- Sports Direct's Mike Ashley quote " 2018 saw the worst November on record for the High Street"
- Many retail companies calling for a reduction in business rates in order to give them a fighting chance
- With the festive period over, many retail companies are staring at potential negative sales & profit impacts due to disruption to supply chains if a sensible Brexit plan isn't reached ahead of us potentially leaving Europe in 84 days

Nothing to cheer us up here.....
If we can wait, the project will come to fruition. The fact of the matter is that we don’t have ten years to wait, whilst they get their ducks in a row.

I think the end product will be a long way from the designs they’ve put out, this was the ideal deal. When axiom can’t get the retailers, they’ll go back to the planners at the wmdc, change the planning consent & try again with a new approach. This process already began when they started to tinker with the outline consent earlier this year. As another poster said, I think it’ll end up being housing.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 04 Jan 2019, 14:14

Tycho Nestoris wrote:Long time reader, first time poster.

So the wmdc are acting as ‘fixers’ for trinity, helping them get bv onto the books of their community trust. This next part is what’s getting my goat: wmdc are also looking into acquiring a sizeable loan (£15m is the figure I’ve been told), which will be underwritten by their chairman & paid for by the rent which they currently pay to use BV.
And the apparent £3m given upfront to buy the freehold and get the work started. Very nice of them.

You are exactly right when you say this situation is serious for us. If we fail to get any progress on the new stadium then come 2022 and the start if the new tv contract period then there is every chance we will be championship bound. I promise you superlegue IS going to clamp down on clubs with poor facilities after this point and relegation through franching is not just a possibility but a likelihood. A plan B is now essential, doing nothing is NOT an option.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 04 Jan 2019, 14:59

The Firm wrote:

And the apparent £3m given upfront to buy the freehold and get the work started. Very nice of them.

You are exactly right when you say this situation is serious for us. If we fail to get any progress on the new stadium then come 2022 and the start if the new tv contract period then there is every chance we will be championship bound. I promise you superlegue IS going to clamp down on clubs with poor facilities after this point and relegation through franching is not just a possibility but a likelihood. A plan B is now essential, doing nothing is NOT an option.
Elston has already said that Superleague will not hang around forever waiting for clubs’ perennial promises to come to fruition, they will act. Make of that what you will.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 04 Jan 2019, 15:07

Nu Shooze wrote:
The Firm wrote:

Elston has already said that Superleague will not hang around forever waiting for clubs’ perennial promises to come to fruition, they will act. Make of that what you will.
Maybe we would need to relocate to keep our SL status with Cas becoming a NL1 side and feeder team to the SL team

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 04 Jan 2019, 15:18

KB80 wrote:
The Firm wrote:Oh and I was talking about our new ground today to a gentleman who has his ear very close to the ground (no pun intended) on all things developmental in the area. It’s ‘stalled’. Quite simply not enough retailers are currently willing to sign up to make it viable at this point. And to be honest the chance of that situation changing anytime soon is slim.

If Wakey get their refurb don’t doubt for a minute we are in trouble moving forward. Clubs will not be able to continue playing in sub-standard stadia in the top division for ever. Superleagues medium term vision is one of modernisation.
I was told 6 months ago that less than 20% of the retail space had been 'filled' and potential major retailers had been pretty much exhausted. Came directly from someone who would probably know too. No new retailers announced since then and no genuine progress....
Another thing I was told that I forgot to mention was that the contracts signed by those who have signed up to the project are not for an indefinate period, they have time limit clauses. So the longer it drags on with no progress then the closer it gets to those retailers being able to pull out of the deal. Now I have no idea when this cut-off point is, or even if they would want to withdraw, but feelers will have been put out before this project even started out and given the outline planning application for this development originally went in five years ago this coming July then the point will soon be approaching where they could change their minds.

Tycho Nestoris

Post by Tycho Nestoris » 04 Jan 2019, 15:37

The Firm wrote:

My understanding is that the threat of high court action got a lot of people moving very quickly. They must have some serious dirt on someone very influential.

Many saw yorkcourt coming a mile off & said openly on here so when their white elephant came to be, many weren’t surprised. For them to be gifted this money to make up for a poor 106 & dodgy developer doesn’t seem right or fair for other clubs within the district.

Tycho Nestoris

Post by Tycho Nestoris » 04 Jan 2019, 15:39

Sharlotiger wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:
The Firm wrote:

Maybe we would need to relocate to keep our SL status with Cas becoming a NL1 side and feeder team to the SL team
Michael Carter has cried this (like a petulant child) for years now & now the council are bending over backwards to please him.

Maybe we should do the same.