New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by TheSheriff » 21 Jun 2018, 16:51

Fumper27 wrote:
MØL wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
MØL wrote:12001 is fine by me. More than we currently have. Think the away crowd sizes from both Hull sides will increase greatly upon the move.
But the video says the stand for away fans holds just under 2k. If the stadium opens at 10k and not the 12k it'll be full and people not being able to even attend the games.

If Cas are selling out their own allocation - which they should, that means both Hull clubs and Leeds will be bringing less fans in the new stadium because there isn't enough space.
Agree a 10k stadium is on the small side for us. The location of the ground will undoubtedly bring in more fans.
Because we exceed 10,000 on a regular basis at the minute...
Take out the away allocation in that 10k and you're left with essentially the current number of ST holders, never mind what that number will be in 2 years time when you thrown in new stadium excitement and hopefully continued success.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 21 Jun 2018, 16:52

Id very much doubt were any where near 8k season tickets

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 21 Jun 2018, 16:58

betts21 wrote:Id very much doubt were any where near 8k season tickets
Probably around 5k

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 21 Jun 2018, 17:01

MØL wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
MØL wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
MØL wrote:12001 is fine by me. More than we currently have. Think the away crowd sizes from both Hull sides will increase greatly upon the move.
But the video says the stand for away fans holds just under 2k. If the stadium opens at 10k and not the 12k it'll be full and people not being able to even attend the games.

If Cas are selling out their own allocation - which they should, that means both Hull clubs and Leeds will be bringing less fans in the new stadium because there isn't enough space.
Agree a 10k stadium is on the small side for us. The location of the ground will undoubtedly bring in more fans.
Because we exceed 10,000 on a regular basis at the minute...
No we don't exceed that regularly. We don't exceed 9k regularly. So by your thinking would a 8k or 9k stadium be better. We sold out the ground on two occasions last year, 11,235k. Let's be ambitious here. A 12k stadium would bring in more revenue with the bigger games (Wakefield, Leeds, Hull) and may be a venue to cup semi finals too among other games. The Castleford area is booming with more and more people living in the area. I can't understand why you or anyone would want a smaller stadium if the opportunity for a bigger one is there. :-k
Sorry, my eyesights failing in my advancing year’s so can you remind me where I said I’d be happy with a smaller stadium...[/quote]

Then why come out with a statement like 'Because we exceed 10,000 on a regular basis at the minute...' when i said 10k would be on the small side for us. #-o ](*,)

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 21 Jun 2018, 17:13

We went down and was very encouraged by what we saw/ heard all questions were answered with knowledge and confidence and most of the peope that are involved with the developoement were there to answer anything you wanted to know. We asked about time scales and were given detailed time frames and by february 2021 we should be in our new stadium.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 21 Jun 2018, 17:18

2021 Really, it just gets pushed back and pushed back. Can Wheldon road last until then ???

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 21 Jun 2018, 17:19

westerbeast wrote:2021 Really, it just gets pushed back and pushed back. Can Wheldon road last until then ???
Lol. :lol:

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Jun 2018, 17:20

westerbeast wrote:2021 Really, it just gets pushed back and pushed back. Can Wheldon road last until then ???
More to point, can I last until then :D

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Jun 2018, 17:20

It'll probably be mid-2020 season when we officially get it but the club will move across and operate from there. We won't leave Wheldon Road mid-season from a playing perspective - the club have always said that they want a fitting end to the Old Girl.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 21 Jun 2018, 17:26

old cas lass wrote:
More to point, can I last until then :D
our thoughts entirely, 1 week is a long time never mind 3 years :roll:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Jun 2018, 17:43

On filling in the corners and expanding beyond 12,000, I think we need to look at Warrington as an example, who have peed money up the wall on filling in corners to accommodate capacity that in hindsight they probably didn't need.

The HJ Stadium originally opened with a capacity of 14,000 circa, reduced down to 13,024 after the opening game, and they expanded it to 15,300 soon after.

A quick look at Rugby League Project tells me they've only achieved a crowd over 15,000 twice in the time since it was upgraded.

However, they achieved their capacity crowd 8 times in 8 years 2004-2011 inclusive in the years before.

They've only managed to get a crowd over the original capacity 8 times in 6 and a half years, and a few of those are only by a few hundred, not thousands. So by and large, the expansion was unnecessary and possibly considered a waste of money. The actual original capacity would have served them perfectly fine.

I feel it would be a similar story for us. We've only achieved an attendance of 10,000+ 13 times over the last 14 years. Admittedly, we've had some pretty crummy years and 6 of these have come in the last 2 and a half years but still, a downturn in form and fans may stay away again.

If we upgrade to 12,000 then it has to be based on sound financial reasoning as the extra cost has to be in the club's best health and interests long-term. Increase in bills, maintenance, everything. We also have to look at our growth potential. Can a small town club like ourselves realistically grow clubs bigger. Can we really have a bigger pull than the city clubs close by to attract fans from say Leeds, Wakefield, Hull?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Alwayscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Alwayscas » 21 Jun 2018, 18:05

If / when we do fill the ground ( 10k plus ) it will mean Cas supporters having to buy season ticket to ensure they gain entry for the matches. Which I don’t think is a bad situation to be in.
Hopefully we will need to expand but let’s get the new ground built first ( remember we are not paying for it) , if the people in charge our beloved club think it is worth expanding the capacity they will do .
COYF
LOUD AND PROUD

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 21 Jun 2018, 18:21

It's been 2021 for a while now, keep up troll :roll:

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 21 Jun 2018, 18:23

does anyone really think cas would pay for it increasing to 12000, i don't so if there is a chance to get an extra 2000 when it is being constructed get it done.we are only as big as our ambition.

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 21 Jun 2018, 18:38

johnson wrote:We went down and was very encouraged by what we saw/ heard all questions were answered with knowledge and confidence and most of the peope that are involved with the developoement were there to answer anything you wanted to know. We asked about time scales and were given detailed time frames and by february 2021 we should be in our new stadium.
This sounds encouraging. Did they give a date for work to start on site for the highways and if so were they confident in hitting that?

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 21 Jun 2018, 19:36

I haven't seen the latest plans and it's a while since I viwed the on line images.

Is it actually all seater?

Most (if not all) new RLgrounds still have standing space - normally behind the sticks at both ends.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 21 Jun 2018, 19:46

SuffolkTiger wrote:I haven't seen the latest plans and it's a while since I viwed the on line images.

Most (if not all) new RLgrounds still have standing space - normally behind the sticks at both ends.
Just West Stand (Main Stand) is all seater.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 21 Jun 2018, 19:47

SuffolkTiger wrote:I haven't seen the latest plans and it's a while since I viwed the on line images.

Three interesting videos here Suffolk.

http://www.axiomyorkshire.co.uk/have-your-say/

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 21 Jun 2018, 21:36

MØL wrote:

Three interesting videos here Suffolk.

http://www.axiomyorkshire.co.uk/have-your-say/
Thanks mate. Apologies for the lazy approach to that.

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 21 Jun 2018, 23:09

WallTiger wrote:
johnson wrote:We went down and was very encouraged by what we saw/ heard all questions were answered with knowledge and confidence and most of the peope that are involved with the developoement were there to answer anything you wanted to know. We asked about time scales and were given detailed time frames and by february 2021 we should be in our new stadium.
This sounds encouraging. Did they give a date for work to start on site for the highways and if so were they confident in hitting that?

Yeh they said highways start October 2018 completed october2019 so could start on footings for stadium just after that all parties were confident that all time scales would be met and said that the ground had a deadline of octber2020 so cas would have every thing in place to start the new 2021 season in the new ground - asked if this was going to come to fruition and was told 100% yes!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: