New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by duke street 10 » 03 Dec 2017, 13:57

Sounds like we could need a plan B then :shock:

Could someone remind me how Leeds Utd built the East Stand?. Didn't they use a bond scheme with fans as part of the scheme?

gerin2em

Post by gerin2em » 03 Dec 2017, 17:50

Regarding plan B. I did a post last summer some time about this and just to remind you I basically said: Take a look at what Fev have done at their ground. Demolished the terracing at the railway end and built a new stand further back making the pitch full size. They got the stand (2 stands I believe) from the defunct Scarborough football club. Loads of volunteers helped strip them transport them and rebuild them. I don't know the total cost but it was very cheap as the stands were virtually scrap value plus all the help from supporter volunteers. My thoughts are why cant we do something similar. Build a new (second hand ) stand behind the railway end terrace. Then remove that terracing & make it a full size pitch, (get Eddie Hemmings and co off our backs over our short pitch). Do something similar on the main stand side. Wheldon Road & Princess St. stands are ok. There are quite a few derelict stadiums around with stands far better than we have. If Fev can get it done with a couple of thousand supporters I'm sure we could muster up some volunteers from our just short of 9000 fans who came to all our home games in 2017. I know this wouldn't be the shiny new stadium people want, but for me I like W.R. I know fans of other clubs like it too because its one of a handful that are left now of real Rugby League grounds. Just a thought, but Fev have shown it can be done on a shoestring, and then at the end of the day it would be ours, not a big company charging excessive rents or, heaven forbid, worst case scenario sharing with a football club.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 03 Dec 2017, 19:27

M&S told staff the j32 store is closing and the Leeds store staff can move to the new Cas store so I'd be shocked if they pull out of this scheme.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 03 Dec 2017, 20:22

Robbo wrote: I think that we need a plan b and redevelopment of WR starting with a new main stand with facilities to generate revenue.
Robbo
My god, I was saying this 10 years ago and since then The Huddstigers has blown enough hot air on the subject to fill a zeppelin

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 03 Dec 2017, 20:49

TheSheriff wrote:M&S told staff the j32 store is closing and the Leeds store staff can move to the new Cas store so I'd be shocked if they pull out of this scheme.
Not sure if that’s a typo but part of the plan was that M and S had agreed NOT to close the town sites
Truth is always best !

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 03 Dec 2017, 21:00

Robbo wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:M&S told staff the j32 store is closing and the Leeds store staff can move to the new Cas store so I'd be shocked if they pull out of this scheme.
Not sure if that’s a typo but part of the plan was that M and S had agreed NOT to close the town sites

Never mentioned the town centre store, just the store at junction 32.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 03 Dec 2017, 21:06

Also it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are pulling out of 5 towns. See quote below taken from:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.manche ... 944160.amp

“An M&S spokeswoman said: “We’re adapting to changing customer habits and this means taking some tough decisions – we’re investing in new stores, relocating stores and, in some cases, closing stores.

“In this case, we don’t believe relocating the store is the right move and have therefore informed the council that we no longer intend to proceed.”

In my opinion moving the store to Glasshougton would benefit M&S,like it or not Cas town centre is dying and Glasshougton is thriving. It’s not all doom and gloom just yet.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 04 Dec 2017, 11:14

sirocco7 wrote:Also it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are pulling out of 5 towns. See quote below taken from:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.manche ... 944160.amp

“An M&S spokeswoman said: “We’re adapting to changing customer habits and this means taking some tough decisions – we’re investing in new stores, relocating stores and, in some cases, closing stores.

“In this case, we don’t believe relocating the store is the right move and have therefore informed the council that we no longer intend to proceed.”

In my opinion moving the store to Glasshougton would benefit M&S,like it or not Cas town centre is dying and Glasshougton is thriving. It’s not all doom and gloom just yet.
I think your right. The town centre store will most likely be closed and staff moved to gh. It's sad but expected. You can read the ft and get both decisions but a signed contract to build would take some getting out of and you can even blame it for the shutting of the old store. A win win for them.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 04 Dec 2017, 13:06

The deal with WMDCid they stay open for 5 years post the new one. Or so I was told
Truth is always best !

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 04 Dec 2017, 13:48

yorky wrote:
gateman wrote:While we are waiting for a new ground, could the speakers be repaired in the Princess St stand, the sound comes and goes
here here, they blast your ears out with music & as soon as they give the teams out they go off ](*,)
Those speakers have been like that since 1987 :shock:

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 04 Dec 2017, 14:15

Robbo wrote:The deal with WMDCid they stay open for 5 years post the new one. Or so I was told
Yes and as part of the planning they agreed to Convert the town centre store into M&S food ??

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 04 Dec 2017, 14:18

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pont ... 000130/amp

The article states a minimum of 3 years and that lateral are payOMG for the store to be converted. So I genuinely believe this is one project that M&S will keep.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 04 Dec 2017, 14:20

sirocco7 wrote:
Robbo wrote:

Never mentioned the town centre store, just the store at junction 32.
Bingo.

And the town centre one wouldn't be immediately turned into just a food store, they want to see how much impact the new one has on the town centre store first. The J32 store would close because why would they want an outlet store across the road?

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 04 Dec 2017, 15:22

sirocco7 wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pont ... 000130/amp

The article states a minimum of 3 years and that lateral are payOMG for the store to be converted. So I genuinely believe this is one project that M&S will keep.
Do you genuinely believe or really hope .!

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 04 Dec 2017, 15:33

Dez wrote:
sirocco7 wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pont ... 000130/amp

Do you genuinely believe or really hope .!
Believe .

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 04 Dec 2017, 15:37

if every building development etc stopped at the whim / change of direction of the economy nowt would have been built for the last 1000 years. (says me) :pray:

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 05 Dec 2017, 11:00

I would imagine keeping the town centre store open would mean paying rent and maybe having one member of staff selling a m and s product. Paying up for 3 years at that level would be cheap in comparison to trying to get our off a multi million pound build and agreement at five towns.

I personally don't think a town centre lives or dies on one store. They may want to sell the store and relocate to a smaller one.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 05 Dec 2017, 21:18

I think the development is funding the 2 town stores as part of the deal
Truth is always best !

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 06 Dec 2017, 14:19

Sounds good news

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 06 Dec 2017, 17:07

Does seem to have gone quiet on the site , but I for one will miss the old girl at 69 I feel I’m to old to move