New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by flow » 17 Oct 2018, 10:22

mart0042 wrote:
Robbo wrote:I understand the supporters club have written for an up date several times.
Maybe someone can tell us if they have had a reply.
They carry more weight than one person as they speak for the members.
Anyone know if they got a reply yet ?
Robbo
And you were becoming so positive about being a Cas fan.
just don't get some people on here call your self a moderate as well. the people who are bothered about the new ground are the ones who have being positive and bothered about the future off the club . mart0042 I wonder if your really a cas fan at all. I also have tried contacting axiom by email and no reply ever. a think even hudds tiger his even starting to wonder what the hell is happening. so martoo42 don't you dare question peoples loyalty to the club for being sick off left in the dark. I was on the board off the original fans supports group which formed after the lose to barrow don't start saying I am a wakey fan ever .

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Oct 2018, 11:02

Can we all stop bickering? This isn’t going to help achieve anything.

I’ve explained all I know and I’ve given links to sources of information. If you have emailed sit and wait or try using the other email addresses provided (Lateral/Resolve). I emailed last year and got a reply fairly quick. But they are very busy people (lots to do on developments of these size so just be patient too). I will add to this thread as and when I find anything.

I’m not worried or concerned in the slightest - for the simple fact that there is a revised planning application for phases 1 and 2a still waiting to be approved (deadline 23rd).
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 17 Oct 2018, 11:14

Has anything actually happened on the site at all? Apart from the fence?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Oct 2018, 11:16

tallguyx wrote:Has anything actually happened on the site at all? Apart from the fence?
No site works until phase 2a. They have relocated some power lines underground though.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 17 Oct 2018, 11:39

HuddsTigers wrote:Can we all stop bickering? This isn’t going to help achieve anything.

I’ve explained all I know and I’ve given links to sources of information. If you have emailed sit and wait or try using the other email addresses provided (Lateral/Resolve). I emailed last year and got a reply fairly quick. But they are very busy people (lots to do on developments of these size so just be patient too). I will add to this thread as and when I find anything.

I’m not worried or concerned in the slightest - for the simple fact that there is a revised planning application for phases 1 and 2a still waiting to be approved (deadline 23rd).
thank you hudds tiger we apricate any information the main party's cant be bothered to update us july 16 last time axiom updated there blog

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 17 Oct 2018, 12:17

I think most people understand developments (and the ground) cannot be just thrown up and things take time.

The uneasiness i feel,and i don't think i am alone in this is the people who run the game and their constant swapping and changing of rules,league structures etc.

If stadium facilities were a major point of a S.L place in say 1 or 2 years time we & Wakey would really be in a corner.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Oct 2018, 12:26

it will certainly be a issue very shortly if by then the new ground is being built there wont be a problem as it will be obvious were getting a new ground...our fate is not in are own hands with no attempt to slowly improve our ground i can only assume the people running the club are confident the new ground will get built
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Oct 2018, 13:21

duke street 10 wrote:I think most people understand developments (and the ground) cannot be just thrown up and things take time.

The uneasiness i feel,and i don't think i am alone in this is the people who run the game and their constant swapping and changing of rules,league structures etc.

If stadium facilities were a major point of a S.L place in say 1 or 2 years time we & Wakey would really be in a corner.
Stadiums were just one criteria point in the last round of licences and if we were being judged today we would be a Grade B licence irrespective of that.

The RFL quickly recognised that putting pressure on clubs was not financially sensible and withdrew this. I’d be much more worried by clubs with smaller fanbases and who are losing money hand over first than a profitable, competitive top four club.

Wakefield, Salford, Huddersfield would all be out before us.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Oct 2018, 13:51

We're talking about the rfl here nothing they come up with would surprise me and I can easily see them saying to cas and wakey in a couple of years time stand down till your grounds are good enough
I don't think we can assume they would let us stay in super league if were still at Weldon road in three years time however well we're doing
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 17 Oct 2018, 14:05

HuddsTigers wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:I think most people understand developments (and the ground) cannot be just thrown up and things take time.

Stadiums were just one criteria point in the last round of licences and if we were being judged today we would be a Grade B licence irrespective of that.

The RFL quickly recognised that putting pressure on clubs was not financially sensible and withdrew this. I’d be much more worried by clubs with smaller fanbases and who are losing money hand over first than a profitable, competitive top four club.

true don't no how Salford are surviving at present with out the doctors money they get a third off are crowds. but don't think its just about making shore we keep are place in super league if fetch back licensing think cas fans more then any deceive a lot better facility's as good as the atmosphere is in the old girl.

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 18 Oct 2018, 12:23

tigerfeat wrote:We're talking about the rfl here nothing they come up with would surprise me and I can easily see them saying to cas and wakey in a couple of years time stand down till your grounds are good enough
I don't think we can assume they would let us stay in super league if were still at Weldon road in three years time however well we're doing
It won't be up to The RFL at all. I'm not sure where you've been but the RFL have been effectively sidelined and SLE have taken control. But don't worry it won't be long before the salary cap has gone to allow the 'big' 3 (or 4) to return to the days of buying up all the top talent and put the 'smaller' clubs back in their place.....

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Oct 2018, 12:37

not sure what you mean by putting the smaller clubs in there place ...the point i was making is we should do all that we can to make the facilitys at weldon road as good as they can be ,in three years time super league will demand all grounds be up to a certain standard and they will be right to do that
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Oct 2018, 13:29

The patrons who follow the club have heard for over ten years whats the point of making improvements were just about to move into a new ground some might not like to hear that but for me it's wearing a bit thin
Hopefully this time we will shortly be about to move into a new ground
Vince Lombardi

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 18 Oct 2018, 14:34

flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

true don't no how Salford are surviving at present with out the doctors money they get a third off are crowds. but don't think its just about making shore we keep are place in super league if fetch back licensing think cas fans more then any deceive a lot better facility's as good as the atmosphere is in the old girl.
Clubs like Salford should be made to address their debt levels using the Sky money, Wakefield have effectively straightened their finances out by using their sky money and keeping well under the cap, salford are £8million in debt and are out bringing people like Sio in for 3 years, they are being kept in super league artificially by Koukash, they don't have any supporters and must be running at a loss of well over £1million a year, how the hell are they allowed to sign anybody!!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Oct 2018, 22:36

i think i read recently that shudds are £14 million in debt to loans from their owner. wigan have lost £1 million over the last 2 years. thats amazing when you look at their crowds and success.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 18 Oct 2018, 23:23

lurcher wrote:i think i read recently that shudds are £14 million in debt to loans from their owner. wigan have lost £1 million over the last 2 years. thats amazing when you look at their crowds and success.
Both have something in common too. Expensive large rented stadiums that sit mostly empty on match days. Even in a game where the winner would go to a final and everything else surrounding that match they couldn't fill it. Then on the other spectrum you have 4k fans in a 24k stadium over at Huddersfield.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 19 Oct 2018, 10:22

flow wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Robbo wrote:I understand the supporters club have written for an up date several times.
Robbo
just don't get some people on here call your self a moderate as well. the people who are bothered about the new ground are the ones who have being positive and bothered about the future off the club . mart0042 I wonder if your really a cas fan at all. I also have tried contacting axiom by email and no reply ever. a think even hudds tiger his even starting to wonder what the hell is happening. so martoo42 don't you dare question peoples loyalty to the club for being sick off left in the dark. I was on the board off the original fans supports group which formed after the lose to barrow don't start saying I am a wakey fan ever .
But don't fans stay together through thick and thin. In the rough times, the fans keep the club alive and in good times enjoy the fun.

The point isn't loyalty or a matter of who supports a team more or for the longest time. I'm a relative newcomer, first match was 1977, that I can remember.

Ultimately, the club is in the hands of Axiom. I haven't seen anything to say it won't happen. In fact, they keep announcing things, like the digital windows and another big name in H & M.

Frustrating, yes, but if we want to stay at WR someone needs to find us about 20m to rebuild and probably rotate the ground to incorporate the seating and boxes.

And somewhere to play whilst it's happening and not lose fans. And somewhere to train.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 19 Oct 2018, 10:36

Can you please stop being sensible and making good points!!!!!!!

We are getting a new ground soon so why worry? It must be happening because Hudds says so. :-" :-" :-"

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 19 Oct 2018, 14:42

mart0042 wrote:
flow wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Robbo
But don't fans stay together through thick and thin. In the rough times, the fans keep the club alive and in good times enjoy the fun.

The point isn't loyalty or a matter of who supports a team more or for the longest time. I'm a relative newcomer, first match was 1977, that I can remember
I saw my first home Cas game before you. :dance:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Oct 2018, 14:44

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Can you please stop being sensible and making good points!!!!!!!

We are getting a new ground soon so why worry? It must be happening because Hudds says so. :-" :-" :-"
Do you have an obsession with me or something? Only it seems you can’t make a point without namedropping me. Seriously, move on, get a life.