Season tickets

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Season tickets

Post by Dazzyb » 25 Oct 2017, 17:40

Hi all, if you’ve bought season tickets online do you collect them from Carlton lanes or the ground? I’m coming over from hull to follow the best, so I’m noT being lazy. The emails didn’t stipulate either or.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Season tickets

Post by gateman » 25 Oct 2017, 17:48

I am hanging fire with the purchase of a season ticket I shall more than likely get one like I always do, but I waiting for something to spur me on like the club signing a TOP class prop forward

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 25 Oct 2017, 18:00

Getting to the grand final and being the best team in the league over a season did it for me. I work most weekends but had to buy one after such a fantastic season. Leeds won the super 8s Cas are the champions, sod 1 bad game

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 25 Oct 2017, 18:29

gateman wrote:I am hanging fire with the purchase of a season ticket I shall more than likely get one like I always do, but I waiting for something to spur me on like the club signing a TOP class prop forward
What more do you want ? We’ve gone from the laughing stock of Super League to League Leaders and Grand Finalist on a limited budget in 5 years ! Don’t forget where we have come from and support your team #COYF.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 25 Oct 2017, 19:05

sirocco7 wrote:
gateman wrote:I am hanging fire with the purchase of a season ticket I shall more than likely get one like I always do, but I waiting for something to spur me on like the club signing a TOP class prop forward
What more do you want ? We’ve gone from the laughing stock of Super League to League Leaders and Grand Finalist on a limited budget in 5 years ! Don’t forget where we have come from and support your team #COYF.
some fans are never happy our orded and cant wait for season to start

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Oct 2017, 19:08

Dazzyb wrote:Hi all, if you’ve bought season tickets online do you collect them from Carlton lanes or the ground? I’m coming over from hull to follow the best, so I’m noT being lazy. The emails didn’t stipulate either or.
Not sure they'll be ready for pick up yet.

Usually it's order and pick up closer to Christmas. They announce dates and location nearer the time. Not looked but coudl be wrong?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 25 Oct 2017, 19:47

Got my season tickets yesterday , just short of £900, never in doubt , best season we've had in years, proud of my club, proud of my team, proud of my town .

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Oct 2017, 20:05

as I said I will be more than likely buying one like I have done for the past 17 years they didn't have to win the league for me to buy one in the past, the opposite as been the case,

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 25 Oct 2017, 20:15

I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and the guys in the Carlton Lanes shop said that it would be available for collection from the ground early in December. They said I should keep an eye on the Cas website for announcement, so I reckon season tickets wont be available yet.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Oct 2017, 21:54

I'm not getting one unless I get a free toffee apple at the club's bonfire night!!

It'll never be good enough for some folk!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 26 Oct 2017, 16:09

If the season we have just had with the quality of rugby we played isnt enough to make you buy a season ticket then I dont know what will.

We have retained almost all the players that were key to that season so never a better time to buy one in my view. 3 in my family will be purchased.

cas57fan

Post by cas57fan » 26 Oct 2017, 16:27

Does anyone know how much it will be to pay on the gate next season. Been a season ticket holder for 30 years and will be buying one again this year but if the charge on the gate next year is the same as this then it doesn't seem much of a saving to buy a season ticket

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Oct 2017, 18:15

I used to get a season ticket every year but now I always miss at least three games a season so no value in it for me.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Oct 2017, 18:19

Not had one for 6 years.
Looks like I will make an exception this year.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 26 Oct 2017, 19:40

one of the reasons I get a season ticket is that I enjoy watching our young talent coming through, entry is free for season ticket holders it is a shame that more season ticket holders do not take advantage of it

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 27 Oct 2017, 16:23

I don't get a season ticket anymore, I haven't been to a game in 3 years , but if I was fit I would have one like a shot, Some fans say "well we wont miss going", but I haven't found that I don't miss it. and after last season I've missed going even more.

Some are saying I will wait and see if we buy a big name, but what big name have we bought over Darrel's time at the club except for Hardaker.

We have brought youngsters in, players with a bit of potential, and the coaching staff have turned them into class players, so whats the point in bringing expensive players to the club, when the staff at Cas have proven they can turn a run of the mill player into a top SL player.

We have lost a few players this year for one reason or another but every player we have let go didn't have a big contribution in last seasons squad

Lynch, 17 games, he has been a great player for us, and will be a big miss, but he struggled last season
Patrick, 5 SL games, all has a sub,
Chase, we gave him a second chance, and he let us down, 8 games
Monaghan 12 games, he didn't play much but he was a good squad player
Lorroyer 5 games, and if we had kept him I don't think he would have played much next season, unless we had a massive injury list
Hardaker great player but a real fool ???, Only the club and the RFL know what he was taking,

We have a young prop who played last season with Halifax, and who knows next season he might turn out to be our next big thing, Why do we need big named players with big ego's, when the players we have are doing the job. Just my opinion.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Oct 2017, 13:38

Maybe if people didnt have a job and only lived 2 minutes away then they might go as you do.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 28 Oct 2017, 17:08

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Maybe if people didnt have a job and only lived 2 minutes away then they might go as you do.

I don't go Lofthouse, that's the point, I want to go but cant due to illness . I'm not talking about the people who live out of the area, folk like myself, and folk out of work, the ones I'm talking about are the ones on hear, and other forums moaning that we haven't broken the bank to sign a big name player to get them to buy a ticket . We haven't broken the bank, since the days of steadman, and Crooks, and we have still been a top side, and even rewriting the clubs record books.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 28 Oct 2017, 17:09

bit harsh that on frankas that Lt. If you read is post he as not been to a
game in three years due to illness. Also what he writes on hear generally makes more sense than a lot of posters due.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 28 Oct 2017, 17:15

Seems to have gone very quite over in lofthouse hasn't it Frankas