Season tickets

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Season tickets

Post by Frankas » 27 Oct 2017, 16:23

I don't get a season ticket anymore, I haven't been to a game in 3 years , but if I was fit I would have one like a shot, Some fans say "well we wont miss going", but I haven't found that I don't miss it. and after last season I've missed going even more.

Some are saying I will wait and see if we buy a big name, but what big name have we bought over Darrel's time at the club except for Hardaker.

We have brought youngsters in, players with a bit of potential, and the coaching staff have turned them into class players, so whats the point in bringing expensive players to the club, when the staff at Cas have proven they can turn a run of the mill player into a top SL player.

We have lost a few players this year for one reason or another but every player we have let go didn't have a big contribution in last seasons squad

Lynch, 17 games, he has been a great player for us, and will be a big miss, but he struggled last season
Patrick, 5 SL games, all has a sub,
Chase, we gave him a second chance, and he let us down, 8 games
Monaghan 12 games, he didn't play much but he was a good squad player
Lorroyer 5 games, and if we had kept him I don't think he would have played much next season, unless we had a massive injury list
Hardaker great player but a real fool ???, Only the club and the RFL know what he was taking,

We have a young prop who played last season with Halifax, and who knows next season he might turn out to be our next big thing, Why do we need big named players with big ego's, when the players we have are doing the job. Just my opinion.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Oct 2017, 13:38

Maybe if people didnt have a job and only lived 2 minutes away then they might go as you do.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 28 Oct 2017, 17:08

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Maybe if people didnt have a job and only lived 2 minutes away then they might go as you do.

I don't go Lofthouse, that's the point, I want to go but cant due to illness . I'm not talking about the people who live out of the area, folk like myself, and folk out of work, the ones I'm talking about are the ones on hear, and other forums moaning that we haven't broken the bank to sign a big name player to get them to buy a ticket . We haven't broken the bank, since the days of steadman, and Crooks, and we have still been a top side, and even rewriting the clubs record books.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 28 Oct 2017, 17:09

bit harsh that on frankas that Lt. If you read is post he as not been to a
game in three years due to illness. Also what he writes on hear generally makes more sense than a lot of posters due.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 28 Oct 2017, 17:15

Seems to have gone very quite over in lofthouse hasn't it Frankas

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 28 Oct 2017, 17:29

Some folk seen to have forgotten the situation at Cas, we made a profit last year, but it doesn't mean we are in the black.

It does Yorkie, but i would rather they had a dig at me and not the club. I don't know if we are making anymore signings or not, but the lads coming in will become a better player under our coaching staff.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Oct 2017, 17:34

My post was a reply to gateman not Frankas. I suggest you check your facts before having a dig at someone.

I am fully aware of your situation Frankas so wouldnt ever comment about you not going to games.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Oct 2017, 18:20

Gateman here I said that would more than likely be buying a season ticket but just to spur me on a big forward would not go amiss I have been coming down the lane for 60 years and been a season ticket holder for the past 17 years I was always going to get one before the early bird prices finished, a big forward would have made me part with my cash that bit sooner, that is what I was trying to put across , I hope this clears thing up Lofthouse tiger

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Oct 2017, 18:25

gateman wrote:Gateman here I said that would more than likely be buying a season ticket but just to spur me on a big forward would not go amiss I have been coming down the lane for 60 years and been a season ticket holder for the past 17 years I was always going to get one before the early bird prices finished, a big forward would have made me part with my cash that bit sooner, that is what I was trying to put across , I hope this clears thing up Lofthouse tiger

You don’t have to explain yourself gateman.
I think you’ve put enough years into the club.
It’s not as easy when you get older and the old legs/back and knees don’t work that well.
I’ll have done 60yrs next year, I’m proud of that and I owe no one, not even the club anything.
We’ll keep plodding darn lane until our bodies tell us different.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 28 Oct 2017, 19:15

Sorry for the misunderstanding Lofthouse, my post wasn't aimed at anyone in general, it was after reading other forums, like facebook Twitter, and a few other RL pages.

I didn't quite make 60 years old cas lass I only managed about 45. We fell a bit short by loosing in the GF, but in all my time of going, the last few years have been the most enjoyable on a week to week bases. Darrel has brought the Class back to classy Cas

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Oct 2017, 19:50

Gateman..... my post was regarding you talking about wishing people would go more to the under 19s and nothing to do with you buying a season ticket. I wasnt questioning your comnutments to watching Cas.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Oct 2017, 09:16

Sorry mate thanks for reply , I think in the end all the posters on here are singing from the same song sheet, COME ON YE FORD

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 29 Oct 2017, 12:24

Correct :dance: :dance: :dance:

c'mon

Post by c'mon » 01 Nov 2017, 23:20

I think we all suffer from the past.
We used to drink in pubs, voice our opinion, get shouted down, react in an instant, which sometimes spilled beer, and generally notice if someone winked, nodded, smiled or gave off other gestures that changed what the meant even if not what they said.
Most of the boozers have closed, money is not as plentiful for many, health for some is a consideration and we are stuck with writing on forums such as this to express our thoughts. Good as it may be its no substitute.

The human element in us needs the social interaction, well my age group do, to get the best from discussion. Typing just doesn't seem to hack it and can so easily be misunderstood. Like texting.

I remember the days when birds did Tweets and and all my Friends had doors I could go knock on. I remember TB and Rickets and Diphtheria too, so it wasnt all roses in the GOOD OLE DAYS, LOL.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Nov 2017, 09:51

Well said old timer a lot what you have posted is true, I would not have swapped it for what the young people have in front of them, but they can well do with out TB Rickets and diphtheria, I am lucky to still get out for a pint or two and I love having ago at Fans from our other two professional local clubs, it was a joy to behold to see the smiles on their faces after the Manchester match

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Nov 2017, 20:42

I got mine last Friday the lads were busy as a number of people were getting there's I pay into the weekly draw its a shame that they did not approach every member as they signed in to do the same ,

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Nov 2017, 21:26

I have no kids my sons are grown up but looking at the pricing £80 it looks a bit steep in these harsh times, £80 is hardly a Christmas stocking filler, these kids are the future of our club and the game in general, it will be said that taking in the away matches it only costs £2-80 per match but how many kids will be able to get to away matches on Thursday and Friday night, as a season ticket holder I would be prepared to stump up extra cash if the junior tickets were to come down in price

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 20 Nov 2017, 18:47

Got my tickets today and one of the lads in the shop said they’ve sold around 2800 which is around 300-400 up on the same time last year with a big wad of forms still to input from the weekend. Also expecting the busiest week yet with the early bird deadline ending on Saturday. Good news!

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 21 Nov 2017, 08:30

gateman wrote:I have no kids my sons are grown up but looking at the pricing £80 it looks a bit steep in these harsh times, £80 is hardly a Christmas stocking filler, these kids are the future of our club and the game in general, it will be said that taking in the away matches it only costs £2-80 per match but how many kids will be able to get to away matches on Thursday and Friday night, as a season ticket holder I would be prepared to stump up extra cash if the junior tickets were to come down in price

I’m not sure if they still do it but the club used to have a partnership scheme with the local clubs like cas panthers kick lane etc where the children who play junior rugby get a reduced price ticket and it was a very good reduction too.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 01 Dec 2017, 14:54

Collection of season tickets and also the donations to the food banks over Christmas here :-

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=5741