next years wish list

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: next years wish list

Post by TT Tiger » 19 Oct 2017, 10:16

mart0042 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
mart0042 wrote:The cap increases by 200k, that should cover contract upgrades and the rest. Even using the money from the lls and grand final appearance we should still have 200-300k for new wages.
Providing we can spend the increase.....just because the cap is X amount, doesn't mean we have the revenue or money to sustainably spend it.
I think an average crowd of 7k gets full salary cap. We averaged more had an extra home game for coming top 4, plus a home semi. Should easily cover it.
Money from semi goes to rfl we only get costs and beer and pie money

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 19 Oct 2017, 11:39

TT Tiger wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
mart0042 wrote:The cap increases by 200k, that should cover contract upgrades and the rest. Even using the money from the lls and grand final appearance we should still have 200-300k for new wages.
Providing we can spend the increase.....just because the cap is X amount, doesn't mean we have the revenue or money to sustainably spend it.
I think an average crowd of 7k gets full salary cap. We averaged more had an extra home game for coming top 4, plus a home semi. Should easily cover it.
Money from semi goes to rfl we only get costs and beer and pie money
That being after our costs, stewards, security and such. It may amount to a few grand

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Oct 2017, 17:47

mart0042 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
It used to do but the cap, and all it's allowances, is now well over £2m per year.

And I'm pretty sure it was 5000 ST holders guaranteed full salary cap spend.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 20 Oct 2017, 10:05

HuddsTigers wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
It used to do but the cap, and all it's allowances, is now well over £2m per year.

And I'm pretty sure it was 5000 ST holders guaranteed full salary cap spend.
Then we are well over. 5000 season ticket holders will be less than 5000 that turn up without the reduced cost and given that it average was over 7500, we should get better following our last season. I hope we convert the floating into regular spectators.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Oct 2017, 08:39

I don't think we've ever sold 5000 STs. We usually sell around 3.5k.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Oct 2017, 09:20

I will be getting my ST but the club needs a top class signing to spur people on, the club wont to increase season ticket sales speculate to accumulate

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 23 Oct 2017, 13:59

gateman wrote:I will be getting my ST but the club needs a top class signing to spur people on, the club wont to increase season ticket sales speculate to accumulate
Do you mean some like Wardle?

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 23 Oct 2017, 14:47

TT Tiger wrote:
gateman wrote:I will be getting my ST but the club needs a top class signing to spur people on, the club wont to increase season ticket sales speculate to accumulate
Don’t think some fans understand how good a signing wardle is

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 23 Oct 2017, 16:59

Scoopage wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
Don’t think some fans understand how good a signing wardle is

Correct.if Powell finds 5/10% from him like he does most players then he's an international quality player. We arnt going to be making any huge signings between now and the start of the year. Our squad is assembled and we will go with what we already have. roll on 2 weeks today when pre season starts

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Oct 2017, 17:27

I agree Wardle is a good signing, on my wish list would be a big prop forward when we have played against Hull we seem to struggle with their big forwards ,

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Oct 2017, 17:59

gateman wrote:I agree Wardle is a good signing, on my wish list would be a big prop forward when we have played against Hull we seem to struggle with their big forwards ,
Part of this is that we lack aggression and our line speed has been slow. We have to fight fire with fire and go after them. Same with their 3/4s. Get up and at them and don't let them get a roll on.

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 23 Oct 2017, 18:08

HuddsTigers wrote:
gateman wrote:I agree Wardle is a good signing, on my wish list would be a big prop forward when we have played against Hull we seem to struggle with their big forwards ,
Part of this is that we lack aggression and our line speed has been slow. We have to fight fire with fire and go after them. Same with their 3/4s. Get up and at them and don't let them get a roll on.
I don't think it's anything down to size or aggression , they were just better than us on the day, why can't we just accept the fact that some teams will perform better some days than others ?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Oct 2017, 18:19

Shareholder wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
I don't think it's anything down to size or aggression , they were just better than us on the day, why can't we just accept the fact that some teams will perform better some days than others ?
Because aggression and line speed for me was a problem towards the latter part of the season? Teams took the game to us and we held back.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 23 Oct 2017, 18:22

HuddsTigers wrote:
Shareholder wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Agree they were big problems for us.

Because aggression and line speed for me was a problem towards the latter part of the season? Teams took the game to us and we held back.