next years wish list

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: next years wish list

Post by Scoopage » 15 Oct 2017, 16:21

the machine wrote:Cup or the GF have to be priority imo

Be disappointed if we went full pelt for the LLS and came away with nothing else considering how low ranked its deemed

Fb is an obvious issue but we've seen how we change our style of play when we've lost an integral part of our squad over the last 3/4 years so I've every faith in Powell will sort it
Agree with this.the good thing I’m hearing from every player interview is “it will spur us on for next season.”the easiest thing to do is feel sorry for ourselves and let our standards drop.hardest thing is to back it up.how we react mentally is our biggest challenge imo.hoping top 2 and challenge cup.

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 15 Oct 2017, 16:54

We've seen a couple of big clubs have a spectacular fall from grace and go straight from a successful season to finding themselves in the relegation battle the next and given that we went off the boil a bit in the latter part of the season and ended on a low I'd be happy with consolidating our position as a top 4 side. Maybe a bit pessimistic but I've been following Cas for 40+ years so aren't taking anything for granted.

Binman7000

Post by Binman7000 » 15 Oct 2017, 18:09

yorky wrote:
Unfortunately that last week of the season as over riden all that went before.
Me personally that sticks in my throat like a golf ball.
I still haven’t got over it and won’t for a long time.
same here, i haven't watched a game since the gf & i don't think i will, its a whole season down the drain for me, i cant watch any match with hardaker in so at the moment that's nearly my whole seasons recordings wasted.
This is exactly the same as me. I watched about 6 games in the build up to the GF. It’s been well and truly spoiled for me

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 15 Oct 2017, 18:10

I'm open minded at the moment and can't really answer what is a great question until I see how the squad looks for next year.

I still can't get out of my system that a week ago we blew the biggest opportunity of a lifetime to pick up the game's biggest prize - as a result I'm in low expectation mode. As with other posts, recent LLS shield winners have had a shocker next time around.

I have total respect for DP and have faith he will do everything possible to replicate, and even surpass, this year.

3 wishes:

- We are as competitive as this year
- We add to the squad to improve what we have
- We travel in numbers again to away games and maintain our reputation as the best supporters in the sport

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 15 Oct 2017, 18:31

The team as a whole went through an important learning curve last week. We will not fall off and the way we beat Saints together with the combination of factors which knocked us off track against Leeds will have made us stronger.
I'm not put off by last week . It was just one of those. We will kick on and pick up Silverware next year

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 15 Oct 2017, 20:33

SuffolkTiger wrote:I'm open minded at the moment and can't really answer what is a great question until I see how the squad looks for next year.

I still can't get out of my system that a week ago we blew the biggest opportunity of a lifetime to pick up the game's biggest prize - as a result I'm in low expectation mode. As with other posts, recent LLS shield winners have had a shocker next time around.

I have total respect for DP and have faith he will do everything possible to replicate, and even surpass, this year.

3 wishes:

- We travel in numbers again to away games and maintain our reputation as the best supporters in the sport
Correct SL will never be as easy to win ever again. Leeds, Saints, Wigan, Wire wont be as poor again all in the same season.

CC Winners would be great next year

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 15 Oct 2017, 20:58

fords wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:I'm open minded at the moment and can't really answer what is a great question until I see how the squad looks for next year.

3 wishes:

Correct SL will never be as easy to win ever again. Leeds, Saints, Wigan, Wire wont be as poor again all in the same season.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Warrington will be magically better.
They have lost Dwyer, Evans, Gidley, Hiku, Savelio, Sims, Westerman and Wilde.
So far they have signed Goodwin and Akauola.

Wigan are still stuck with only one good half. Wane was also found out last year and I think he'll be lucky to be in a job by Easter.

Saints are still stuck with Matty Smith on a long contract. They need to decide on a settled half back combination from Smith, Lomax, Fages and Richardson. All good players but they can't all play, and any combination leaves some weakness.
Ben Barba is also likely to 'do a Sandow' now his NRL ban is complete.

I'd still take our squad of players and our coaching team over any other club in Super League.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 15 Oct 2017, 21:03

nottinghamtiger wrote:
fords wrote:

3 wishes:

Wigan are still stuck with only one good half. Wane was also found out last year and I think he'll be lucky to be in a job by Easter.

Saints are still stuck with Matty Smith on a long contract. They need to decide on a settled half back combination from Smith, Lomax, Fages and Richardson. All good players but they can't all play, and any combination leaves some weakness.

I'd still take our squad of players and our coaching team over any other club in Super League.
Me too

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 Oct 2017, 21:13

Put it this way how many rhinos players would you swap for cas players?and they won super league.that gives perspective to me.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 15 Oct 2017, 21:20

Scoopage wrote:Put it this way how many rhinos players would you swap for cas players?and they won super league.that gives perspective to me.
Walker or Golding as we don't have a full-back.
Watkins is a top centre.
How many tries have Briscoe and Hall scored in major finals?
Cuthbertson, Garbutt, Mullally and co owned our pack when it mattered.
Stevie Ward is a fine player.

I also rate Myler as a better and more consistent half than Roberts.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 15 Oct 2017, 21:42

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
fords wrote:

3 wishes:

Me too
And me

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Oct 2017, 21:48

What i struggle to get out of my head is not the strength of the two teams in the final or the wretched build up we had its the poor body language some players looking like they had had enough after 20 mins not taking the two points in driving rain trying to pick balls of the floor one handed in them conditions i hope we do learn from it and be better next time we need to be thats for sure
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 Oct 2017, 21:52

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Scoopage wrote:Put it this way how many rhinos players would you swap for cas players?and they won super league.that gives perspective to me.
Watkins is a top centre.

Meant overall in the season.you wouldn’t swap Zak you wouldn’t swap Eden you wouldn’t swap milo or junior or mckmeeken for any of the above you mentioned

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 15 Oct 2017, 21:56

Scoopage wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Watkins is a top centre.

Meant overall in the season.you wouldn’t swap Zak you wouldn’t swap Eden you wouldn’t swap milo or junior or mckmeeken for any of the above you mentioned
I'd swap Zak now (and this thread is about next year).
I wouldn't swap Eden, but likewise I'd take Hall or Briscoe over Minikin.
I wouldn't swap Millington, Moors or McMeekan, but I'd take Cuthbertson, Garbutt and Mullally over the likes of Patrick and Springer.
Stevie Ward would get in our first choice 13 too.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Oct 2017, 23:48

before the match I thought man for man we would come out on top, two players had a decent game the others might as well have been sat with us in the stand, what we saw was nothing like the CAS we have been fortunate to see this season to me it was one of those days when every thing went wrong its still hurting but the bookies have made us Favourites to top the league next season I will take that, Wembley and old Trafford beckons with a little strengthening I am looking forward to another great season COME ON YE FORD

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 16 Oct 2017, 11:41

I'd like a cc win or a grand final win. We are moving forward, the next step is to win in a final and get that hoodoo off our back.

Oh, and a big prop or two.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Oct 2017, 12:30

I doubted whether we had a top 8 side, I was proven wrong.
The club said they had a side good enough for the top 4, I was proven wrong and had a CC Final to boot.
The club said they felt they had a side good enough to challenge, I was proven wrong and we have made a Grand Final.

This club has achieved more than I ever imagined 5 years ago.

Next season, do I think we'll have it all our own way like this year? No, I don't. For me, realistic expectations will always be making the top 4 with our budget and anything else over that is a bonus.

This team have shown us how they can perform while the majority of other SL sides are running with the same teams too. Why should other clubs' recruitment prevent us achieving our goals?

Leeds - are Myler and Dwyer an improvement on Burrow and McGuire?
Hull - is Faiamo going to be as good as Fonua? Who's going to replace Ellis?
Warrington - Are Akaiola and Goodwin going to improve Warrington above what Hiku and Sims offered?

At this moment in time, I think there's going to be a huge competition in the top half to make the 8 but I see no reason why we should fear falling down the table.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Oct 2017, 12:55

That works for me

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Oct 2017, 13:14

Agree with that Hudds.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 16 Oct 2017, 13:40

HuddsTigers wrote:I doubted whether we had a top 8 side, I was proven wrong.
The club said they had a side good enough for the top 4, I was proven wrong and had a CC Final to boot.
The club said they felt they had a side good enough to challenge, I was proven wrong and we have made a Grand Final.

This club has achieved more than I ever imagined 5 years ago.

Next season, do I think we'll have it all our own way like this year? No, I don't. For me, realistic expectations will always be making the top 4 with our budget and anything else over that is a bonus.

This team have shown us how they can perform while the majority of other SL sides are running with the same teams too. Why should other clubs' recruitment prevent us achieving our goals?

Leeds - are Myler and Dwyer an improvement on Burrow and McGuire?
Hull - is Faiamo going to be as good as Fonua? Who's going to replace Ellis?
Warrington - Are Akaiola and Goodwin going to improve Warrington above what Hiku and Sims offered?

At this moment in time, I think there's going to be a huge competition in the top half to make the 8 but I see no reason why we should fear falling down the table.
Spot on.