DRUGS

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: DRUGS

Post by Askham Tiger » 09 Oct 2017, 10:18

fords wrote:
masher wrote:Cocaine according to 5 live. 2 year ban.
2yr ban but Cas are appealing as i understand. Presume to try and get it reduced.

God knows where that leaves us apart from no FB and 150k lighter
I'd be bitterly disappointed if Cas appeal as that would indicate he'll be welcomed back into the club after any potential ban is served.

There has to be zero tolerance on this matter. If it's confirmed as positive, then it's not like some sportsmen who unintentionally take something in their cough medicine etc, this would be clear as day, something he's done knowing full well the consequences. The club have to be strong here.

I'd also have serious concerns (if he was retained) as to how his time would be spent during any ban, when there isn't the 'distraction' of rugby in his life.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Oct 2017, 10:18

The Firm wrote:
fords wrote:
Beth wrote:Official statement from Cas:

Castleford Tigers can confirm that it has now received notification that Zak Hardaker has tested positive for a banned substance following a Super 8s match against Leeds Rhinos on 8th September 2017.
The club was made aware at 10:00am on Thursday morning that the player would receive official written notification from UK Anti-Doping and therefore the player was immediately suspended. Official notification was delivered on Friday and following discussions with the player on Sunday the decision was taken to announce the result of the test today in order to clarify the circumstances around Zak's omission.

Zak Hardaker, said: “I would like to apologise to my Castleford Tigers teammates, the staff and all fans for my enormous error of judgment. I was given an opportunity by this great club and in what has been one of the most important weeks in its history, I have let everyone at the club down. For that, I truly apologise,"

"Finally, I would like to make it clear that in no way did I, nor would I, ever take a substance with the intention of enhancing my performance."

Castleford Tigers will be making no further comment until the outcome of the case has been determined.

“I would like to apologise to my Castleford Tigers teammates, the staff and all fans for my enormous error of judgment. I was given an opportunity by this great club and in what has been one of the most important weeks in its history, I have let everyone at the club down. For that, I truly apologise,"

Thats an massive understatement to say the least.

He should f*cking grow up and sort himself out.
He can stick his apology up his backside.
Tend to agree, he knew how big a deal this was for the club.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 09 Oct 2017, 10:18

Fev1983 wrote:I genuinely feel for Darryl Powell on this one,,,you can tell by his voice and body language that he feels totally let down by this..
And looking at Saturday it totally affected your team which is a sad end to a great season all because some idiot wants to sniff cocaine :(
My other half said on Saturday DP looks drained and he hasn't slept for a week.
As for Zak's statement, Cocaine isn't performance Enhancing, nicely worded by your advisor

So we now have a big void to fill at fullback and are 150k lighter.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 10:20

The average time for cocaine to be undetectable in a urine sample is 24 hours, so he has either taken in the day before the game or taken a massive amount earlier in the week.
If it is detected 'in competition' (as in this case) then it's deemed to be performance enhancing.
At 25, he can still return to the game if he gets a two year ban. Do we do what Wigan did with Hock and offer him a road to redemption? Two years working 9-5 as a member of staff might make him realise how real life works. If he is sufficiently well behaved, he could play again in two years time and he will still only be 27.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 09 Oct 2017, 10:21

old cas lass wrote:
tallguyx wrote:
old cas lass wrote:25 years old.
A fabulous career in front of him.
A massive wage.
Cas fans who once hated him now love him.
A coach who took him under his wing and got him playing at the top if his game.
150k spent on him.

For what, to throw it all back in our faces ten fold.
So that’s an automatic 2yr ban which will take him to the end of his contract with us.
He will then be free to sign for whoever he want.
Leaving us with out a fullback and 1000’s of pounds out of pocket.
Thanks a lot you selfish flat capper.
So you throw him under the bus without knowing anything. Think that’s daftest thing I’ve read for a while.

Yes.
Daftest but now 100 percent agree!!!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Oct 2017, 10:22

ERG2012 wrote:
Fev1983 wrote:I genuinely feel for Darryl Powell on this one,,,you can tell by his voice and body language that he feels totally let down by this..
And looking at Saturday it totally affected your team which is a sad end to a great season all because some idiot wants to sniff cocaine :(
My other half said on Saturday DP looks drained and he hasn't slept for a week.
As for Zak's statement, Cocaine isn't performance Enhancing, nicely worded by your advisor

So we now have a big void to fill at fullback and are 150k lighter.
"Finally, I would like to make it clear that in no way did I, nor would I, ever take a substance with the intention of enhancing my performance."

But i'll still snort a band drug though ](*,) ](*,)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Oct 2017, 10:23

what happens now ,does the club saying there going to appeal mean hes going to stay at cas ..like hock did at wigan?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 10:25

tigerfeat wrote:what happens now ,does the club saying there going to appeal mean hes going to stay at cas ..like hock did at wigan?
Whee have the club said they will appeal?

Dr?
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dr? » 09 Oct 2017, 10:25

nottinghamtiger wrote:The average time for cocaine to be undetectable in a urine sample is 24 hours, so he has either taken in the day before the game or taken a massive amount earlier in the week.
If it is detected 'in competition' (as in this case) then it's deemed to be performance enhancing.
At 25, he can still return to the game if he gets a two year ban. Do we do what Wigan did with Hock and offer him a road to redemption? Two years working 9-5 as a member of staff might make him realise how real life works. If he is sufficiently well behaved, he could play again in two years time and he will still only be 27.
Good post. I didn't know that it classed as performance enhancing, what a right load of old tosh that is!

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 09 Oct 2017, 10:27

Sack him and we lose everything - he signed a 4yr deal with us so the club should hold the players registration. Anyone wants to sign him after the ban then they'll have to pay.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 09 Oct 2017, 10:32

nottinghamtiger wrote:At 25, he can still return to the game if he gets a two year ban. Do we do what Wigan did with Hock and offer him a road to redemption? Two years working 9-5 as a member of staff might make him realise how real life works. If he is sufficiently well behaved, he could play again in two years time and he will still only be 27.
No. We have to be strong here. Keeping him on the books will taint the name of the club, and be a terrible example to those working their way up through the scholarship schemes, not to mention the work done in schools.

Also, do we all honestly feel hand on heart that he will learn his lesson and that's the end of his misdemeanours?

The club eventually took a very hard stance on the Rob Lunt affair after initially defencding him and must do so again.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 10:33

Dr? wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:The average time for cocaine to be undetectable in a urine sample is 24 hours, so he has either taken in the day before the game or taken a massive amount earlier in the week.
Good post. I didn't know that it classed as performance enhancing, what a right load of old tosh that is!
Apart from it's not tosh. Cocaine gives the user a false sense of ability and increased confidence in their own abilities. In RL (as in most sports) confidence is a game-changer.

Archibel

Post by Archibel » 09 Oct 2017, 10:33

Matt wrote:Sack him and we lose everything - he signed a 4yr deal with us so the club should hold the players registration. Anyone wants to sign him after the ban then they'll have to pay.
So you want to pay him a wage for 2 years while he sits on his thumbs serving a ban?
If you don't, the clubs only option is to cut him loose immediately.

philipjkelly

Post by philipjkelly » 09 Oct 2017, 10:34

Agree re: road to redemption. As difficult as it will be for a lot of people in and around the club he needs support rather than throwing under a bus. Serve the ban, do your time, get a different group of "friends", keep your head down and your nose clean (literally and metaphorically). Make him add value to the club in some way even if it's not on the pitch.

Look at David Millar in cycling. From drug user to a voice helping efforts to clean up the sport.

But a number of people need to make a change. Starting with Zak.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 09 Oct 2017, 10:36

Agree
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Oct 2017, 10:37

Matt wrote:Sack him and we lose everything - he signed a 4yr deal with us so the club should hold the players registration. Anyone wants to sign him after the ban then they'll have to pay.
Nobody will buy a player that cant play for 2yrs

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Matt » 09 Oct 2017, 10:37

Archibel wrote:
So you want to pay him a wage for 2 years while he sits on his thumbs serving a ban?
If you don't, the clubs only option is to cut him loose immediately.
He has only been suspended, until the outcome has been decided. It could be the standard 2yr ban or something else. Could be wrong but I think he can't be paid as a rugby player anyway once he has been banned and holding the registration just stops anyone else from coming in and signing him down the line.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Matt » 09 Oct 2017, 10:38

fords wrote:
Nobody will buy a player that cant play for 2yrs
Didn't mention buying him straight away, I said after the ban.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 10:39

philipjkelly wrote:
Agree re: road to redemption. As difficult as it will be for a lot of people in and around the club he needs support rather than throwing under a bus. Serve the ban, do your time, get a different group of "friends", keep your head down and your nose clean (literally and metaphorically). Make him add value to the club in some way even if it's not on the pitch.

Look at David Millar in cycling. From drug user to a voice helping efforts to clean up the sport.

But a number of people need to make a change. Starting with Zak.
The problem is he has had support before and still makes stupid decisions.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Oct 2017, 10:40

tigerfeat wrote:what happens now ,does the club saying there going to appeal mean hes going to stay at cas ..like hock did at wigan?

Do they players and DP want him after letting them down in the clubs biggest week in history ?

Looking at them on the pitch on Sat i'd so they don't

Talented lad but a di*k off it