DRUGS

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Re: DRUGS

Post by Mysterio » 14 Oct 2017, 10:24

People says he's stupid etc etc

Just remember what it's like being young, going out, etc etc

I don't know about anyone else but when I was17-26ish all I LIVED for was being out on the raz with my pals getting insanely drunk and surrounding myself with as many women and characters as possible

Then on top you've got a substance that makes you feel amazing, but not only that, if you've taken it a while and then try and have a weekend off, nothing is exciting and you feel a little down and depressed.

I'm sure not everyone was the same as I was (and Zak is now) but it's not all just about 'being stupid'

Some people simply struggle to resist life's temptations, me included, and their drive rather than their lack of IQ overtakes.

It's really the work of the devil!!
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Oct 2017, 10:40

Mysterio wrote:People says he's stupid etc etc

Just remember what it's like being young, going out, etc etc

I don't know about anyone else but when I was17-26ish all I LIVED for was being out on the raz with my pals getting insanely drunk and surrounding myself with as many women and characters as possible

Then on top you've got a substance that makes you feel amazing, but not only that, if you've taken it a while and then try and have a weekend off, nothing is exciting and you feel a little down and depressed.

I'm sure not everyone was the same as I was (and Zak is now) but it's not all just about 'being stupid'

Some people simply struggle to resist life's temptations, me included, and their drive rather than their lack of IQ overtakes.

It's really the work of the devil!!
I'm sure you are doing every 17/26 year old a disservice.
Not all want to be out on the razzle and getting high.
I also lived for the weekend but never took drugs and got high.
Yes I used to drink, but I was never a pro sports women.
I would have loved to be in zaks position on his massive wage.
Not a cat in hells chance I would put myself in jepody to throw it all away for a quick high.
Some people are sensible and mature.
Some never grow up.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Oct 2017, 10:46

I have never been out and been offered drugs or taken drugs. Never once have I entertained the idea. I believe a lot of it stems from upbringing and who you surround yourself with.

I used to go out at uni as much as other people but surrounded myself with people I could trust and get on with. I was always taught that drugs were bad. It’s common sense to me and I respect the law. If it’s illegal, don’t do it. Simple.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 14 Oct 2017, 11:21

Not so much about up bringing I don’t think. But definitely about who you associate with in your mid teens. I’ve been around people that do it and not enjoyed there company when they take some. Which made me not want to do it. I was offered it once. Said no was never asked again even when the same chap was on a night out with us again. The scary thing was he was just doing it to be social. Like offering to get a round in. Taking the drug it’s self doesn’t necessarily show a lack of intelligence, however, jeopardising what that young man has/had that does point to being stupid.

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 19 Oct 2017, 10:26

The subject regards drug testing I think that if the club do not already do testing they should do around three random tests each week and be done around the middle of the week this would put a double jeopardy in place (midweek / match day test) it just might make people think twice. Cost should not be the deciding factor when the sport is going big on player welfare.
COYF

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 19 Oct 2017, 13:01

Question is should we as a sport be testing for non performance enhancing drugs?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Oct 2017, 14:02

Drugs are corrupting some of our young people, not so long ago it was glue sniffing you used to see cut down bottles every were when out walking, I would like to believe it will run its course and disappear, but then something else as vile will pop up and take its place , its a shame sometimes you cant put old heads on young shoulders

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Oct 2017, 12:29

gateman wrote:Drugs are corrupting some of our young people, not so long ago it was glue sniffing you used to see cut down bottles every were when out walking, I would like to believe it will run its course and disappear, but then something else as vile will pop up and take its place , its a shame sometimes you cant put old heads on young shoulders
I understand 'Spice' is the new 'high' of choice but can't see any sports star getting away with using that.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 20 Oct 2017, 12:39

HuddsTigers wrote:I have never been out and been offered drugs or taken drugs. Never once have I entertained the idea. I believe a lot of it stems from upbringing and who you surround yourself with.

I used to go out at uni as much as other people but surrounded myself with people I could trust and get on with. I was always taught that drugs were bad. It’s common sense to me and I respect the law. If it’s illegal, don’t do it. Simple.
Just wondering if you ever progressed to Scout Leader? :roll:

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 20 Oct 2017, 13:07

westyorkylad wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:I have never been out and been offered drugs or taken drugs. Never once have I entertained the idea. I believe a lot of it stems from upbringing and who you surround yourself with.

Sheltered life it’s a society wide problem from the rich to the poor it doesn’t discriminate over the past 10 or so years it has boomed you can’t go in a club or bar with out some one been on it Zak made a huge error he is defiantly not the only one but he is the only one to get caught out at the moment let’s hope it’s highlighted and used to help make other young people to make better choices.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 20 Oct 2017, 13:18

westyorkylad wrote:

:lol:

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 20 Oct 2017, 13:55

Just makes me wonder about posters on here, one or two seem so familiar with the drug scene. A supposedly drug dealer in Castleford offered a Castleford player at the time, some form of drugs, I am sorry to say I believe his days of dealing were over in a flash. Never seen a bloke hit that hard, and if you are wondering how I know, I witnessed it. People glorify drugs as though it's the norm, sorry people it isn't. Time to tell people lives get ruined, just ask Zak.
Hudds there is nothing wrong in going round in law abiding company, most people are.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 20 Oct 2017, 14:47

The problem is we have young kids, playing sport, and getting very, very well paid for it, they have plenty of money to chuck about,and end up thinking they can't do anything wrong . You can go up to Xscape every weekend and it's rife, They get drunk, and then someone comes along and sanity goes out of the window, they don't think of the consequences until they wake up the next day.

The drug Zak took hasn't been announced yet, but if it's coke, he will more than likely spend 2 years on the side lines, but then again we could sign a player from down under, convicted of the same thing, and he's back in a few months, the argument that he took it during the off season makes no difference, they still took the drug, We can't have double standards, no mater were he comes from the sentence has to be the same.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 20 Oct 2017, 15:10

anyone watched Gordon Ramsey's program about cocaine last night on ITV left no doubt that anyone who puts that crap into their body must be desperate especially having seen how it was made.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 20 Oct 2017, 15:22

JIN JER wrote:Too many Cas fans in Normy at the moment for my liking, the sooner the wheels fall off the better? :)
More chance One of Wakey’s 3 wheels falling off!
Danny Boy

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Oct 2017, 16:00

yorky wrote:anyone watched Gordon Ramsey's program about cocaine last night on ITV left no doubt that anyone who puts that crap into their body must be desperate especially having seen how it was made.
The process is largely irrelevant to those that snort the final product which consists of a very small percentage of actual cocaine.

I only saw the first part of the show which highlighted just how widespread use of the drug is. Everyone of his restaurants he visited had traces (some large traces) of the drug being used by both staff and customers. Widespread use is an understatement.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Oct 2017, 16:27

Not up on drugs and what they do to you.
But isn’t cocaine a pain killer or is that a different drug I’m thinking off.
Maybe if they make it legal, like tobacco and achohol then we may cut down on situations like hardaker, hock, barba.

In the case of tobacco, look what it does to your lungs, but still it’s legal.
In the case of achohol, look what that does to your liver.
In the case of cocaine, look what it does to your............well what exactly does it do to you.

Not saying it should Be legalised, if it’s a drug that doesn’t affect your every day life, maybe it needs looking at.

By the way, I know of a couple of cas players who smoke.
Doubt they’ll cut back on game day.
Just a thought.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 20 Oct 2017, 16:43

Cocaine is a social drug.
Some use it just for the high.
Some for confidence.
Some to help them stay out drinking longer, (alcohol does nothing to you if you've taken coke.
All the above people are losers.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Oct 2017, 16:49

takethetwo wrote:Cocaine is a social drug.
Some use it just for the high.
Some for confidence.
Some to help them stay out drinking longer, (alcohol does nothing to you if you've taken coke.
All the above people are losers.

Ahh right.
Didn’t have a clue.

Tbf I used alcohol when I was younger to give me more confidence.
I would never have dreamt of using drugs for the same.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 20 Oct 2017, 16:58

old cas lass wrote:Not up on drugs and what they do to you.
But isn’t cocaine a pain killer or is that a different drug I’m thinking off.
Maybe if they make it legal, like tobacco and achohol then we may cut down on situations like hardaker, hock, barba.

In the case of tobacco, look what it does to your lungs, but still it’s legal.
In the case of achohol, look what that does to your liver.
In the case of cocaine, look what it does to your............well what exactly does it do to you.

Not saying it should Be legalised, if it’s a drug that doesn’t affect your every day life, maybe it needs looking at.

By the way, I know of a couple of cas players who smoke.
Doubt they’ll cut back on game day.
Just a thought.
Cocaine has been used medically as a numbing agent, nowadays replaced by chemical substitutes such as novacane.
I've just googled it, which has put me off trying it, although at 67 the only thing I'll be injecting is my free flu jab and sniffing my bacon sarnies. Suggest anyone thinking of trying it, read Wiki first, although the same process would stop you smoking, drinking, eating.....ah well.