DRUGS

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: DRUGS

Post by Sharlotiger » 09 Oct 2017, 13:01

Lets be honest the use of recreational drugs his widespread throughout the game here and in Oz. The unlucky ones get caught the rest are waiting to be.
Why would you put your livelyhood at risk when you know the concequencers. I hope every other Cas player wises up to whats happened to Zak and Rangi and make sure they are squeeky clean.
Maybe all clubs need to look at the cultures they are creating and maybe the first training sessions of next year need to employ the services of a drug councillers.
Zak as no excuses he must now serve his punishment, whatever that maybe, 2 years for non performing enhancing drugs seems harsh, but unlike Rangi he is young enough to clean his act up and come back. Cas must keep his reg and moniter his time away from the game, we certainly shouldn't throw away our huge investment in him without giving him the chance to sort himself out.
The big salary he was on should help us recruit another top player , but we must keep Hardakers reg as we know some other side will throw him a lifeline when his ban is up.
Wigan stood by Hock we should do the same.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 09 Oct 2017, 13:04

ERG2012 wrote:
Mysterio wrote:In the fullness of time Zak would be the PERFECT person to get across the message about the horrors of drugs to youngsters. Think about it.

There's a way out of this for everyone and an opportunity to grow as a person - finally - for Zak. Don't just dump him.
I think we can see exactly why our coaching team get rid of/sign personality as well as player. DP bins off anyone questionable. Tansey, Owen et al for example.

So what makes Zak any different?
Wasn't it Powell who brought Hardaker and Chase to the club, knowing full well the issues both players have had?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 13:04

braytontiger wrote:
Shameless wrote:The guy has been an idiot and will now face the consequences.
The punishment will be handed down by the RFL - the Club don't have to punish him again
He needs to show true remorse and then prove he can stay clean. I think the Club should stick by him but make it clear that any more breaches of the rules will be instant dismissal.
None of us want another Terry Newton.
Who pays his wages whilst we play good citizens,where not man united we are a community club that works to a salary cap.if he cannot play he has to go harsh but that's the reality of the situation.
Technically, whatever we pay him won't count on the salary cap if he doesn't play.
If he's banned for two years and we continue to pay him, he won't count on our Salary cap for 2018 or 2019.
However, the club simply can't justify paying him big money for two years when he can't play. If he'll accept the minimum wage and work in a menial job behind the scenes, then maybe we could offer him a route back into the game in 2020. Personally, I'd make him clean the toilets and around the club every day for two years on minimum wage. This might make him realise what he has thrown away and not make the same mistake again when he resumes playing.
Then again, it might not.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 13:07

ERG2012 wrote:
Mysterio wrote:In the fullness of time Zak would be the PERFECT person to get across the message about the horrors of drugs to youngsters. Think about it.

There's a way out of this for everyone and an opportunity to grow as a person - finally - for Zak. Don't just dump him.
I think we can see exactly why our coaching team get rid of/sign personality as well as player. DP bins off anyone questionable. Tansey, Owen et al for example.

His ability. Like it or not, players of his calibre are irreplaceable. The likes of Tansey and Owen were not.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Oct 2017, 13:12

I cant see anyway he stays at cas ..go abroad like barba maybe union i dont know
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 09 Oct 2017, 13:15

Sharlotiger wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:

Wasn't it Powell who brought Hardaker and Chase to the club, knowing full well the issues both players have had?
I didn't post it....

TBH mate,
you know what you can and cant take, that's the chance you take. if you get caught then you have only yourself to blame. Cocaine isn't enhancing, its a derivative of a painkiller. But it is also a Class A which is illegal. Alcohol is taxable (hence why its legal)

I think more would be caught but the costs of testing are too high for stringent regular tests - if it was clamped down on and more tests sprung more regular there would be a serious reconsideration before individuals "powder their nose"

Live by the sword Die by the sword.

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 09 Oct 2017, 13:25

Aid wrote:Not a surprise. His "mates" that he hangs around with have been regular users _ just hoped that Hardacker had more sense, Seems not!
Correct, one of them played in the GF

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 09 Oct 2017, 13:29

braytontiger wrote:
The punishment will be handed down by the RFL - the Club don't have to punish him again
He needs to show true remorse and then prove he can stay clean. I think the Club should stick by him but make it clear that any more breaches of the rules will be instant dismissal.
Who pays his wages whilst we play good citizens,where not man united we are a community club that works to a salary cap.if he cannot play he has to go harsh but that's the reality of the situation.
If he is suspended then he does not get paid, surely. We keep his registration. It will then be down to the coach/staff whether he comes back with Cas or we look for a fee. Or we could give Zak the opportunity to buy his contract out for whatever we paid Leeds. He is an asset that the club paid for if we can get some of the cash back then we should.
cum on you Ford

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 09 Oct 2017, 13:36

Aid wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
If he is suspended then he does not get paid, surely. We keep his registration. It will then be down to the coach/staff whether he comes back with Cas or we look for a fee. Or we could give Zak the opportunity to buy his contract out for whatever we paid Leeds. He is an asset that the club paid for if we can get some of the cash back then we should.
Yup we could suspend him without pay and keep hold of his registration to stop other teams in a few years time signing him. He'd be free to go off and work outside of rugby until his ban expires and then we can negotiate either his release or conditions on him returning to the club.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 13:39

tigerfeat wrote:I cant see anyway he stays at cas ..go abroad like barba maybe union i dont know
Barba doesn't have a drugs ban. He was suspended by the NRL.
Hardaker will have a UKAD ban, which applies to all professional sport across the world (almost).

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Oct 2017, 13:47

nottinghamtiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:I cant see anyway he stays at cas ..go abroad like barba maybe union i dont know
Barba doesn't have a drugs ban. He was suspended by the NRL.
Hardaker will have a UKAD ban, which applies to all professional sport across the world (almost).
I thought barba got a 12 month ban from the nrl for using cocaine and he still had some of that ban left to serve when he arrived at saints
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 09 Oct 2017, 13:47

Barba tested positive for cocaine and received a 12 game ban.what makes Zak different?should be same punishment no?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-0 ... fmredir=sm

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 09 Oct 2017, 13:54

Scoopage wrote:Barba tested positive for cocaine and received a 12 game ban.what makes Zak different?should be same punishment no?

My assumption would be that this would be the basis of our appeal as the rfl chose to uphold their ban.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Oct 2017, 13:56

Scoopage wrote:Barba tested positive for cocaine and received a 12 game ban.what makes Zak different?should be same punishment no?

I think i read somewhere it was one year ban not two because it was in off season but i wouldnt swear on it
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 13:57

Barba tested positive in an internal, out-of competition test. He wasn't given a WADA ban, which would have been applicable to all sports across the world (almost). This is because it wasn't a test carried out under WADA regulations by the ASADA. Even if it had been carried out by ASADA, it would have been an out-of competition test, and Cocaine isn't a banned out-of competition substance.
Hardaker has tested positive in a test by UKAD, which is carried out under WADA regulations. It was an in-competition test and cocaine is a banned in-competition substance.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 14:02

TT Tiger wrote:

My assumption would be that this would be the basis of our appeal as the rfl chose to uphold their ban.
Barba tested positive 4 days after the gf ie not "in competition". Also Barba was not tested by UKAD,part of WADA but by the NRL's in house team. The rfl's policy seems to be 2 years so that's what Hardaker will get. Same as Hock.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 14:02

TT Tiger wrote:

Well it will fail.
Barba did not break WADA rules. He tested positive for cocaine in an independent, out-of-competition test.
Hardaker has broken WADA rules. He tested positive for cocaine in a UKAD, in-competition test.
Whilst the substance is the same, the timing of the tests and the organisation that conducted them mean Hardaker has committed a WADA offence, whereas Barba didn't.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 14:03

Spanishtiger wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:

Barba tested positive 4 days after the gf ie not "in competition". Also Barba was not tested by UKAD,part of WADA but by the NRL's in house team. The rfl's policy seems to be 2 years so that's what Hardaker will get. Same as Hock.
The RFL don't set the punishment as it was a UKAD test. WADA will set the punishment.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 14:11

2 years then .....

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 14:17

Spanishtiger wrote:2 years then .....
More than likely.
He'll have to have some bloody good extenuating circumstances to get any less.