next years betting

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: next years betting

Post by Tiger53 » 08 Oct 2017, 21:27

fords wrote:
braytontiger wrote:Now we've won the league I'd be happy with a top 4 place next year. A lot of focus was put on winning the LLS this year and rightly so but I'd sacrifice that for another shot at the grand final.i don't think it's too big of a ask to win 17/18 games from 30.
As JJB said in his interview the aim is to win only one game. Doesnt matter how you get there.

Id settle for top 8 and winning the CC
If the aim is to win only one game it goes a long way to explaining the faults in our game.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 08 Oct 2017, 21:30

After how this season as ended I just hope we don't follow in the footsteps of the last 2 previous LLS winners. To stop being the great pretenders we need to sign a couple of quality forwards who wont go missing in the big games.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Oct 2017, 22:05

Tiger53 wrote:
fords wrote:
braytontiger wrote:Now we've won the league I'd be happy with a top 4 place next year. A lot of focus was put on winning the LLS this year and rightly so but I'd sacrifice that for another shot at the grand final.i don't think it's too big of a ask to win 17/18 games from 30.
As JJB said in his interview the aim is to win only one game. Doesnt matter how you get there.

Id settle for top 8 and winning the CC
If the aim is to win only one game it goes a long way to explaining the faults in our game.

It is. Winning the league by 10pts made no diff in end. Its all about the 1 game. Its stupid but true

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Oct 2017, 22:21

Sharlotiger wrote:After how this season as ended I just hope we don't follow in the footsteps of the last 2 previous LLS winners. To stop being the great pretenders we need to sign a couple of quality forwards who wont go missing in the big games.
There's absolutely no reason why we should and I don't believe we will

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 09 Oct 2017, 11:01

We need to avoid finishing in the bottom 4 as the last two LLS winners have done the following season. We need a full-back or it could well happen again. Top 4 is a wild dream without some signings. A big prop and a full-back needed.

Eden is not the answer at full-back. We lose our most potent attacking threat (he will not score 10 tries at full-back) and he is not godd positionally or devensively. Moving Eden to full back means we lose two players.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 Oct 2017, 15:33

I think the top 8 positions will be very tight next year with not much separating them. I think leeds will fall away again as they have replaced 2 good half backs with a very average Richie myler, plus their already old forwards are another step nearer retirement. if eden goes to full back gary lo could be worth a punt for leading scorer.
jo brand is eddie warings love child