Zak - The Truth

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Zak - The Truth

Post by betts21 » 20 Oct 2017, 22:11

lurcher wrote:he said he'd made an enormous error of judgement. also said he'd never taken performance enhancing drugs.
This is what gets me he said that and I haven’t ever seen anywhere that says he tested positive for COCAINE? I’m not saying he hasn’t but I haven’t seen anything official saying it yet have I missed something when rangi and walker got banned they said that it was cocaine straight away

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 21 Oct 2017, 14:38

betts21 wrote:
lurcher wrote:he said he'd made an enormous error of judgement. also said he'd never taken performance enhancing drugs.
This is what gets me he said that and I haven’t ever seen anywhere that says he tested positive for COCAINE? I’m not saying he hasn’t but I haven’t seen anything official saying it yet have I missed something when rangi and walker got banned they said that it was cocaine straight away
He said he never knowingly taken any performance enhancing drug. So what is he suspended for cos as I've said else when coke hasn't been mentioned like it was reith walker and chase.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 21 Oct 2017, 14:58

I have read the official statement again very carefully. It could be interpreted that he was tested positive for a performance enhancing drug, but is claiming he had no idea he had done it. Maria Sharapova claimed the same and eventually got her 2 year ban reduced to 15 months.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Oct 2017, 15:14

What other drug is out there that’s performance enhancing.
If he says he’s never ‘knowingly’ took any, hows it got into his system.
Or is he fibbing.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 21 Oct 2017, 16:05

"Finally, I would like to make it clear that in no way did I, nor would I, ever take a substance with the intention of enhancing my performance."

I read it as him saying that he did knowingly take a substance that he didn't think would enhance his performance. ie he took a recreational drug (coke) rather than a known performance enhancing drug (anabolic steroids etc).
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Oct 2017, 16:11

Unless he has self-medicated himself and not checked it, taking a banned performance enhancing drug accidentally in the process that hasn’t cleared his system in time due to it being part of the ingredients.

Could be painkillers, medicine, anything. This is what is confusing me. Why haven’t the club/RFL said cocaine? Why are the BBC reporting it as cocaine?

We as fans could really do with clarification and some closure to this. I guess the club could do too but probably know more than we do. Only have to look at the Walker/Chase scenarios to see it could be ages until we know. Does it put the club in limbo financially and with the cap?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 21 Oct 2017, 16:47

It states clearly here (on the BBC website) "Zak Hardaker has been provisionally suspended after testing positive for cocaine" :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/41542423

However on the official RFL site it states "The Rugby Football League can confirm that Zak Hardaker is provisionally suspended from all competition after it received notification from UK Anti-Doping that he had tested positive for a banned substance" here :-

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/511 ... k-hardaker

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 21 Oct 2017, 17:34

HuddsTigers wrote:Unless he has self-medicated himself and not checked it, taking a banned performance enhancing drug accidentally in the process that hasn’t cleared his system in time due to it being part of the ingredients.

Could be painkillers, medicine, anything. This is what is confusing me. Why haven’t the club/RFL said cocaine? Why are the BBC reporting it as cocaine?

We as fans could really do with clarification and some closure to this. I guess the club could do too but probably know more than we do. Only have to look at the Walker/Chase scenarios to see it could be ages until we know. Does it put the club in limbo financially and with the cap?
. It's an interesting one , but I think the way the club are handling this issue, is what we've come to expect really , top clubs don't wash their dirty washing in public, I would like to know everything that is happening at the club, as a shareholder I've sat through some really embarrassing meetings, but watching how the current BOD conduct themselves , I know what they do is in the best interest of the Castleford Tigers. I guess it will all come out in time my friend .

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Oct 2017, 18:40

How many companies or businesses keep their customers up to date with everything that happens to their staff members?

Why are Cas, or any other sports club, any different?

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 21 Oct 2017, 19:20

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:How many companies or businesses keep their customers up to date with everything that happens to their staff members?

Why are Cas, or any other sports club, any different?
Ye, coz this situation is not much different to the lad behind the counter at maccies today smoking a joint at his mates last night is it?
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Oct 2017, 19:46

Situation is ZH got caught. The lad at Maccies isnt stupid enough to get caught.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

andymc133
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by andymc133 » 21 Oct 2017, 19:55

The lad at maccies could be zak if he gets boot for a 2 year ban

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 23 Oct 2017, 22:08

When were the club first aware that they had a serious issue?
Truth is always best !

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 23 Oct 2017, 22:42

JIN JER wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:New twist in the tail. Rumours are circulating the loiners that Hardakers sample was tampered with. I don’t know it what way but that is doing the rounds in Leeds.
Ha ha, conspiracy theory eh? Is that the A test or B? Or have both been tampered with? Where is this rumour coming from? Message boards or word of mouth. False flag drugs tests, whatever next? :)

??? The sampling is taken by UKAD, using very strict standards under WADA protocol.
It is impossible for those analysing the results to know who, when or even which sport the sample came from.
This is competitive 'in season' testing, and is different from work place related testing.

It may be an idea to ignore such 'rumours' and let the club handle the situation.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 24 Oct 2017, 08:01

Casmania wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:New twist in the tail. Rumours are circulating the loiners that Hardakers sample was tampered with. I don’t know it what way but that is doing the rounds in Leeds.
Ha ha, conspiracy theory eh? Is that the A test or B? Or have both been tampered with? Where is this rumour coming from? Message boards or word of mouth. False flag drugs tests, whatever next? :)

??? The sampling is taken by UKAD, using very strict standards under WADA protocol.
It is impossible for those analysing the results to know who, when or even which sport the sample came from.
This is competitive 'in season' testing, and is different from work place related testing.

It may be an idea to ignore such 'rumours' and let the club handle the situation.

I am asking a question........when did the club become aware that the test was failed.

The reason I ask is because I assume 99.9% of fans believe it was the Thursday before the GF.

robbo
Truth is always best !

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Oct 2017, 08:09

Is the suggestion that cas knew and were trying to blag it thru so he played in the final ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 24 Oct 2017, 08:33

If he needed a second test the club should/would have been told?

Who at the club knew?

Was the coach informed?

I just don't think its as they would have the fans believe.

If the club did know............it should have been shared with the coach.

To quote DP I only had 1 session after the suspension. That could have been averted?

Robbo
Truth is always best !

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Oct 2017, 08:35

Didn't daryll Powell say they got a phone call 10 am Thursday.
They then only had one session on the Friday to re organise the team.
I'm sure I've seen him either say it in an interveiw maybe after the game.

All that could have been a cover up for the real tale.
Who knows.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 24 Oct 2017, 08:53

Should have done the old Blackadder trick on the phone and then shut down all lines of communication until after the Grand Final.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 24 Oct 2017, 08:54

old cas lass wrote:Didn't daryll Powell say they got a phone call 10 am Thursday.
They then only had one session on the Friday to re organise the team.
I'm sure I've seen him either say it in an interveiw maybe after the game.

All that could have been a cover up for the real tale.
Who knows.
Was DP told? re failure of first test
Truth is always best !