Zak - The Truth

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Zak - The Truth

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Oct 2017, 19:46

Situation is ZH got caught. The lad at Maccies isnt stupid enough to get caught.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

andymc133
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by andymc133 » 21 Oct 2017, 19:55

The lad at maccies could be zak if he gets boot for a 2 year ban

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 23 Oct 2017, 22:08

When were the club first aware that they had a serious issue?
Truth is always best !

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 23 Oct 2017, 22:42

JIN JER wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:New twist in the tail. Rumours are circulating the loiners that Hardakers sample was tampered with. I don’t know it what way but that is doing the rounds in Leeds.
Ha ha, conspiracy theory eh? Is that the A test or B? Or have both been tampered with? Where is this rumour coming from? Message boards or word of mouth. False flag drugs tests, whatever next? :)

??? The sampling is taken by UKAD, using very strict standards under WADA protocol.
It is impossible for those analysing the results to know who, when or even which sport the sample came from.
This is competitive 'in season' testing, and is different from work place related testing.

It may be an idea to ignore such 'rumours' and let the club handle the situation.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 24 Oct 2017, 08:01

Casmania wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:New twist in the tail. Rumours are circulating the loiners that Hardakers sample was tampered with. I don’t know it what way but that is doing the rounds in Leeds.
Ha ha, conspiracy theory eh? Is that the A test or B? Or have both been tampered with? Where is this rumour coming from? Message boards or word of mouth. False flag drugs tests, whatever next? :)

??? The sampling is taken by UKAD, using very strict standards under WADA protocol.
It is impossible for those analysing the results to know who, when or even which sport the sample came from.
This is competitive 'in season' testing, and is different from work place related testing.

It may be an idea to ignore such 'rumours' and let the club handle the situation.

I am asking a question........when did the club become aware that the test was failed.

The reason I ask is because I assume 99.9% of fans believe it was the Thursday before the GF.

robbo
Truth is always best !

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Oct 2017, 08:09

Is the suggestion that cas knew and were trying to blag it thru so he played in the final ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 24 Oct 2017, 08:33

If he needed a second test the club should/would have been told?

Who at the club knew?

Was the coach informed?

I just don't think its as they would have the fans believe.

If the club did know............it should have been shared with the coach.

To quote DP I only had 1 session after the suspension. That could have been averted?

Robbo
Truth is always best !

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Oct 2017, 08:35

Didn't daryll Powell say they got a phone call 10 am Thursday.
They then only had one session on the Friday to re organise the team.
I'm sure I've seen him either say it in an interveiw maybe after the game.

All that could have been a cover up for the real tale.
Who knows.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 24 Oct 2017, 08:53

Should have done the old Blackadder trick on the phone and then shut down all lines of communication until after the Grand Final.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 24 Oct 2017, 08:54

old cas lass wrote:Didn't daryll Powell say they got a phone call 10 am Thursday.

Who knows.
Was DP told? re failure of first test
Truth is always best !

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Oct 2017, 08:56

Robbo wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Didn't daryll Powell say they got a phone call 10 am Thursday.

Who knows.

No idea on that robbo.
Maybe not.
If there's 2 test then the club is told after the 2nd.
Tbh I don't have a club how it works.
Doubt we'llever get the full truth on the matter.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 24 Oct 2017, 09:04

Robbo wrote:

Who knows.
It was after Leeds home game. Takes weeks before confirmation.
Do club know who has been tested at the time?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Oct 2017, 09:07

Luke gale said last week the players didnt know till 48 hours before powell said he only had one training session without zak zak should consider a job in acting for two years if he knew he wouldnt be playing in the build up to the game ..but as everyone speaks with a forked tongue these days guess wel never know the whole truth in the matter
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 24 Oct 2017, 09:40

They will have known it was mentioned on here when it happened but as nothing was done at the time we all thought it was just a rumour. And maybe wouldn’t come out till after the GF

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 24 Oct 2017, 10:06

TT Tiger wrote:They will have known it was mentioned on here when it happened but as nothing was done at the time we all thought it was just a rumour. And maybe wouldn’t come out till after the GF
TT who will have known? The club or the coach?
Truth is always best !

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 24 Oct 2017, 10:13

I don’t know but I live 20 miles away from Cas but heard on the 14th of September and hoped it was a rumour. So if I know I can’t believe the club didn’t

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 24 Oct 2017, 10:19

What is this nonsense about a failed test and then a second test being taken.

At the point of the sample being taken - there is an A sample and a B sample taken so as to avoid any cross contamination.

The A sample is then tested and if found to contain a banned substance the B sample is then tested almost immediately. Only if both samples come back positive is the "athlete" then suspended.

At the point of the player being suspended - both RFL and club are informed - they don't have any control over when this happens - the only thing that would have been done is the formal announcement given after the GF - ultimately CAS could not have ignored the suspension.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 24 Oct 2017, 11:01

St Albans tiger wrote:What is this nonsense about a failed test and then a second test being taken.

At the point of the sample being taken - there is an A sample and a B sample taken so as to avoid any cross contamination.

The A sample is then tested and if found to contain a banned substance the B sample is then tested almost immediately. Only if both samples come back positive is the "athlete" then suspended.

At the point of the player being suspended - both RFL and club are informed - they don't have any control over when this happens - the only thing that would have been done is the formal announcement given after the GF - ultimately CAS could not have ignored the suspension.
I maybe wrong but, I was led to believe Castleford and the player asked for an Independent test result. Isn' t the drug test independent from the RL and the club. The rumours have got to stop and just to put us all in the picture please.
Even heard a bloke say in my local say he will only get a 12 match ban as it was only used in a recreational way, the drug that is. Till the club and the RL make a statement none of us will know.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 24 Oct 2017, 11:05

St Albans tiger wrote:What is this nonsense about a failed test and then a second test being taken.

That's not quite correct.
If sample A contains a banned substance............the player and his representatives are informed. The second sample is then tested. DO YOU AGREE WITH THAT?
If you were right why would there be such a delay?

best Robbo
Truth is always best !

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 24 Oct 2017, 11:16

The B sample is frozen and wen the results come back from the A sample the club and player are informed and then they can request a test if the b sample. Which is probably why it took 4 weeks