Our support/Homecoming

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Our support/Homecoming

Post by old cas lass » 08 Oct 2017, 10:50

ERG2012 wrote:
dude wrote:i dont get why were having a homecoming? whats to celebrate? we celebrated winning the league leaders after wakey game. got nothing to celebrate this morning. spent a fortune yesterday and players gave nothing in return
In a nutshell

And I bet the boys don’t want to be there either.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 08 Oct 2017, 12:58

Bit like last night then?

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 08 Oct 2017, 13:25

for anyone who has gone is zak there

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Oct 2017, 13:26

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Bit like last night then?

:clap: :clap:

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 08 Oct 2017, 14:55

dude wrote:for anyone who has gone is zak there
Zak was not there and the players felt as badly as we did last night, they will use it to try and be even better next year. It cannot be easy facing the people you have let down so badly so give them some credit for being there for photo's and autographs. Every team has a bad day at the office, we just picked the wrong day for it to happen.

Alwayscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Alwayscas » 08 Oct 2017, 16:45

Been down to the ground today
Not only to celebrate a outstanding season but to SHOW SUPPORT To the team I have followed from being a 11 years old.
Lots of supporters there ( same faces as usual)
WInnlng IM THERE
LOSING IM THERE
I have always said it's easy to support a winning side
Supporting Castleford Tigers is never and will never be a easy ride but when it's in your blood unlucky your hooked for life
Roll on next season hopefully we will have many of the newer supporters stay with us to enjoy the ride.
If not thanks for your money you invested into our great club .
But if you have got hooked look forward to many more seasons of good and not so good results.
COYF

Tedloon

Post by Tedloon » 08 Oct 2017, 19:46

Alwayscas wrote:Been down to the ground today
Not only to celebrate a outstanding season but to SHOW SUPPORT To the team I have followed from being a 11 years old.
Lots of supporters there ( same faces as usual)
WInnlng IM THERE
LOSING IM THERE
I have always said it's easy to support a winning side
Supporting Castleford Tigers is never and will never be a easy ride but when it's in your blood unlucky your hooked for life
Roll on next season hopefully we will have many of the newer supporters stay with us to enjoy the ride.
If not thanks for your money you invested into our great club .
But if you have got hooked look forward to many more seasons of good and not so good results.
COYF
:clap: :clap:

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 08 Oct 2017, 21:32

Went to the ground today to celebrate the season we have had - didn’t feel like going but did anyway and there was a good turn out by the fans. Got a chance to speak to the players and it seams they are hurting as much as we are but Daryl wants them to use it to motivate them for next season. Best quote was from Daryl - we have more fans here after losing the grand final than Salford do at a home game :D made me laugh out loud. It also gave us a chance to personally thank lynchy and say goodbye as his leaving has been overshadowed by Zak I’m glad he’s still going to be involved with the club. What ever happens now we will survive we have survived worse let’s be thankful we are not Leigh.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 08 Oct 2017, 21:57

We went and it was good.
The players spent ages going round autographing shirts, flags all sorts of stuff, and posing for selfies. One lass with a new baby had just about every player hold her baby and have a selfie with him/her. Once the players got into the swing of it, they all seemed to enjoy it, the grins got wider and they all become more chatty. It looked like excellent therapy to start washing away Saturday night!

As well as daryl's gag about the Salford attendance I particularly enjoyed (as did everybody) Jessie. He had had his hair dyed for the occasion (wife did it) and gave a sparkling performance. Said that he was not going back to Oz for Christmas, the family are going to tour the UK during the break especially "the beaches"

It has been a great season, the best every, until that is 2018!
cum on you Ford

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 08 Oct 2017, 22:08

johnson wrote:Went to the ground today to celebrate the season we have had - didn’t feel like going but did anyway and there was a good turn out by the fans. Got a chance to speak to the players and it seams they are hurting as much as we are but Daryl wants them to use it to motivate them for next season. Best quote was from Daryl - we have more fans here after losing the grand final than Salford do at a home game :D made me laugh out loud. It also gave us a chance to personally thank lynchy and say goodbye as his leaving has been overshadowed by Zak I’m glad he’s still going to be involved with the club. What ever happens now we will survive we have survived worse let’s be thankful we are not Leigh.
In what capacity is Lynchy going to stay involved in the club? Thought he was emigrating to Australia?

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 08 Oct 2017, 23:07

He said he had taken up a post with cas did say what but can't remember.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 08 Oct 2017, 23:37

I thought it was a good occasion and built gradually. players seems a bit down to start with but the rugby am team really built it up. I get the feeling we'll really be back up for it again next year but the one thing that made me a bit suspicious was that although on the pitch with the rest of them steve gill never came to the mike when he usually does.
nice to see joe wardle on the pitch and jake with his newborn. lighten up and COYF
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 09 Oct 2017, 07:22

I noticed Steve didn't speak on the mike, he also went on his own thanking fans individually for their support when I was stood , I actually shouted to him , we will do it next year steve , but his reaction didn't seem right . Hope I'm wrong but I got the feeling their could be another announcement on the way

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Oct 2017, 07:34

Shareholder wrote:I noticed Steve didn't speak on the mike, he also went on his own thanking fans individually for their support when I was stood , I actually shouted to him , we will do it next year steve , but his reaction didn't seem right . Hope I'm wrong but I got the feeling their could be another announcement on the way
MOS awards his speech was very short too

Lets hope all the Zak situation and anything else doesn't want to make him leave or step down.

He's done a fantastic job turning the club around.

Hope we can go on and build on this years achievements

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 09 Oct 2017, 07:51

Gutted I couldnt make it yesterday! I hope everyone had a good time.

Its been a grand season.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 09 Oct 2017, 10:14

I was there yesterday with the family. About 1500 maybe there.

Is been a great season but a one match season.

When shenny was asked about new players coming in, he said to ask DP. I don't see Larne there.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Oct 2017, 10:15

mart0042 wrote:I was there yesterday with the family. About 1500 maybe there.

When shenny was asked about new players coming in, he said to ask DP. I don't see Larne there.
I saw Larne walking with a few of the under 19's behind W block before kick off

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Oct 2017, 10:16

Well we need a FB and prop at least

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 09 Oct 2017, 11:29

fords wrote:

Well we need a FB and prop at least
Agreed. We have to build

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 09 Oct 2017, 11:56

Looking at the signings so far I dont feel we are building or improving on what we have currently. The sign of a top club is that they add quality to improve and dont sign players that wont get in your first 13 or even 17.

DP has done very well with what he has to work with but we need quality not quantity. We keep seeing/hearing how well we are doing off the field with finances so lets see this used to improve the current team/squad.

Lets not rest on our laurels and make the same mistakes from previous years. We are surely in a place where top players would love to join Cas. The future is very bright just now. Dont let tgat diminish by not adding quality.