Squad for Next Year So Far

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Squad for Next Year So Far

Post by Towns88 » 10 Nov 2017, 15:48

Then the minikin before July withe clare will create genuine competition for places. Also Clare can play full back. Wouldn't need to distrupt Eden / Roberts if we used JC as an option. Personally would release Jy, from a quota perspective.

Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Leeds tiger » 10 Nov 2017, 16:15

Swapping hardaker for Clare really would be a gutting blow, I liked Clare when we had him, but he isn't really that good. I know it will be near impossible to get anyone at hardaker a level but an actual fullback would be good, not a winger who can play there

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 10 Nov 2017, 17:29

For me the only player who genuinely can play the full back role we need in our current squad is Benny can find a pass catch a kick and put on a shot when needed Eden is too potent on the wing for me. I don’t think we lose a great deal from having Ellis in the halves and Benny move to the back as Benny can then play all over and play what he sees in front of him his most dangerous part is running and hopefully he can find gaps and be a real nightmare for other teams.

caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by caslad69 » 10 Nov 2017, 18:14

I don’t want to sound like a broken record but what the hell is happening at our club if it’s true that Clare has resigned for cas, what message does that send to the promising youngsters at our club. When are they going to be given a shot. Who are people trying to kid when they say Clare playing full back he was played there before and didn’t do a very good job. If people think we are going to be pushing for silverware again they are diluded, No signing that we have made this year apart from wardle fills me with confidence. Feel like the club are nowhere as ambitious as the supported are

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 10 Nov 2017, 19:19

caslad69 wrote:I don’t want to sound like a broken record but what the hell is happening at our club if it’s true that Clare has resigned for cas, what message does that send to the promising youngsters at our club. When are they going to be given a shot. Who are people trying to kid when they say Clare playing full back he was played there before and didn’t do a very good job. If people think we are going to be pushing for silverware again they are diluded, No signing that we have made this year apart from wardle fills me with confidence. Feel like the club are nowhere as ambitious as the supported are

Great bed time story this, sent me straight to sleep. Oh and it's Deluded.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 10 Nov 2017, 19:22

caslad69 wrote:I don’t want to sound like a broken record but what the hell is happening at our club if it’s true that Clare has resigned for cas, what message does that send to the promising youngsters at our club. When are they going to be given a shot. Who are people trying to kid when they say Clare playing full back he was played there before and didn’t do a very good job. If people think we are going to be pushing for silverware again they are diluded, No signing that we have made this year apart from wardle fills me with confidence. Feel like the club are nowhere as ambitious as the supported are
I think it's more supporters have unrealistic expectations of the board and coaches now
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 10 Nov 2017, 19:56

Unfortunately, this isn’t Championship Manager.
RL is a salary-capped sport. We can’t just go out and sign the best players in every position.
In previous years, we have lost our best players after successful seasons. This year, we have retained all the players we wanted to from a squad that won the league by a record-breaking margin and made the GF (although there are still issues with Hardaker, this is not the club’s fault).
Trying not to derail the thread, but I think it’s also worth remembering that the Hardaker affair isn’t clear yet either. If he escapes a ban we don’t want to have spent money signing another full back.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 10 Nov 2017, 20:42

I too think the squad is good enough to be up there at the top, now signing Coray is a bit mystifying the lad could not get near the Leeds team last year when at times they were crying out for an half back, JOE MOON played stand off for most of the season , we keep saying in Powel we trust I hope he as got it right once again

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Dec 2017, 19:18

1. Roberts
2. Minikin
3. Webster
4. Shenton
5. Eden
6. Ellis
7. Gale
8. Massey
9. McShane
10. Millington
11. Wardle
12. McMeeken
13. Milner
14. Oli Holmes
15. Sene-Lefao
16. Cook
17. Moors
18. Clark
19. Springer
20. Green
21. Foster
22. Lo
23. Maher
24. Trueman
25. Douglas
26. Hitchcox
27. Clare
28. Gill
29. Egodo
30. Aston
31. Sheehan

*Hardaker not included.
Last edited by HuddsTigers on 11 Dec 2017, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

peter parker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by peter parker » 11 Dec 2017, 19:28

gateman wrote:I too think the squad is good enough to be up there at the top, now signing Coray is a bit mystifying the lad could not get near the Leeds team last year when at times they were crying out for an half back, JOE MOON played stand off for most of the season , we keep saying in Powel we trust I hope he as got it right once again
Yes. And Joel moon was very good there too.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Dec 2017, 19:31

FB: Roberts, Eden, Clare, Hitchcox
W: Eden, Minikin, Lo, Clare, Hitchcox, Gill, Egodo, Sheehan
C: Shenton, Webster, Wardle, Minikin, Egodo, Gill
SO: Ellis, Roberts, Trueman, McShane, Millington, Aston
SH: Gale, Ellis, Roberts, McShane, Trueman, Aston
P: Millington, Massey, Cook, Moors, JSL, Springer, Green, Clark, Maher, Douglas
H: McShane, Milner, Roberts
SR: Wardle, McMeeken, Oli Holmes, Foster, JSL, Moors, Webster
LF: Milner, Massey, JSL, another prop/back-rower
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Dec 2017, 21:03

I know I sound like an old record but I thought the current England under 19s full back ought to be listed as a possible full back

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 11 Dec 2017, 21:25

HuddsTigers wrote:FB: Roberts, Eden, Clare, Hitchcox
W: Eden, Minikin, Lo, Clare, Hitchcox, Gill, Egodo, Sheehan
C: Shenton, Webster, Wardle, Minikin, Egodo, Gill
SO: Ellis, Roberts, Trueman, McShane, Millington, Aston
SH: Gale, Ellis, Roberts, McShane, Trueman, Aston
P: Millington, Massey, Cook, Moors, JSL, Springer, Green, Clark, Maher, Douglas
H: McShane, Milner, Roberts
SR: Wardle, McMeeken, Oli Holmes, Foster, JSL, Moors, Webster
LF: Milner, Massey, JSL, another prop/back-rower
Whats the point of listing players twice?
A more realistic view of the squad would be:
Full back ?
Wing: Eden Lo Clare Hitchcox
Centres: Shenton Webster Minikin Egodo Gill
Halves: Roberts Gale Trueman Aston Ellis
Props :Millington JSL Cook Moors Springer Green Clark
Hookers: McShane
SR: McMeeken Wardle Holmes Foster
LF: Milner Massey

We look to have quite a big squad, maybe a little unbalanced though and we could have probably sacrifeced a couple of backs in favour of another couple of forwards when you would think 10 of the 14 would be involved most games.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 11 Dec 2017, 21:43

squad

Roberts
minikin
Webster
shenton
Eden
Ellis
Gale
Massey
Macca
millo
Wardle
Meeks
Milner
Jesse
junior
cook
Clark
fozz
Holmes
green
Gadwin
Maher
Douglas
egodo
Clare
Lo
Hitchcox
gill
Trueman
Aston
O'Neil
turner
storey
rayy
render
sweeting

decent squad of 36 there as things stand.