New signing...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New signing...

Post by Tiger53 » 25 Sep 2017, 16:05

Mitch Clark was born in Pontefract so he will be non-fed trained but not quota.

As for the Dream Team, yes it is nice to have players in there and it says a lot about the teams performance but players are selected whether they are British or not. It is though a mythical team and personally I prefer to worry about the real thing. On that front Daryl hasn't done much wrong so far so I will trust his judgement.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Sep 2017, 16:10

Todd Carney, James Hasson, FPN, Anthony Gelling, Dom Peyroux, Jack Buchanan, Chris Houston, Jordan Rankin, Steve Michaels, Brett Delaney, Keith Galloway, Taulima Tautai, Willie Isa.. how many of these are either first team regulars or good enough to get in this cas team?

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 25 Sep 2017, 17:09

Underwelmed by the signing to be honest, especially if that's it for close season signings. He might be a bit of a 'project' but i feel we have enough of them, none of which have really bear any fruit, Maher, Springer, Fitzsimmons, Douglas for example. It's certainly a massive come down from the Walmsley n Tagatese rumours.

I agree don't just go and get an overseas prop if there are home grown ones available, but there isn't, are we waiting to see who drops to pick the bones out of the squad that gets relegated. Bousquet n Moa would be the fit for me, not sure about Leigh, quite like the look of Maria when I've seen him but no others stand out. Not sure about any others . Still feel we need a big, impactive prop, but I'm not holding my breath.
Last edited by Jonny1975 on 25 Sep 2017, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Sep 2017, 17:10

I believe powell was after Clarke whilst he was at Bradford but hkr beat us to him.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Sep 2017, 17:12

lurcher wrote:I believe powell was after Clarke whilst he was at Bradford but hkr beat us to him.

Correct.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Sep 2017, 17:13

Jonny1975 wrote:Underwelmed by the signing to be honest, especially if that's it for close season signings. He might be a bit of a 'project' but i feel we have enough of them, none of which have really bear any fruit, Maher, Springer, Fitzsimmons, Douglas for example. It's certainly a massive come down from the Walmsley n Tagatese rumours.

I agree don't just go and get an overseas prop if there are home grown ones available, but there isn't, are we waiting to see who drops to pick the bones out of the squad that gets relegated. Bousquet n Moa would be the fit for me, not sure about Leigh, quite like the look of Maria when I've seen him but no others stand out. Not sure about any others . Still feel we need a big, impactive prop, but I'm not holding my breath.

I suppose we were all underwhelmed by minikin mckmeeken Macca Gale Eden Millington ect ect ect! ](*,)

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 25 Sep 2017, 17:46

Casmoley wrote:Todd Carney, James Hasson, FPN, Anthony Gelling, Dom Peyroux, Jack Buchanan, Chris Houston, Jordan Rankin, Steve Michaels, Brett Delaney, Keith Galloway, Taulima Tautai, Willie Isa.. how many of these are either first team regulars or good enough to get in this cas team?
Most of those are regular memberrs of the 17 sides they play for respectively, surely if you are bringing a fella halfway round the world , having to house them etc then for me they need to be of sufficient quality to improve your stating 17, surely we could find cheaper British options over here we could work on as projects to fill out the squad.
We have far to many very average overseas players running around in our game rather than bringing our own players through.

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 25 Sep 2017, 17:50

Casmoley wrote:
Jonny1975 wrote:Underwelmed by the signing to be honest, especially if that's it for close season signings. He might be a bit of a 'project' but i feel we have enough of them, none of which have really bear any fruit, Maher, Springer, Fitzsimmons, Douglas for example. It's certainly a massive come down from the Walmsley n Tagatese rumours.

I suppose we were all underwhelmed by minikin mckmeeken Macca Gale Eden Millington ect ect ect! ](*,)

Totally different pal, four of five you mentioned are experienced top level players, Clarke isn't, and I was merely pointing out that we still have on going ' projects that have yet to prove they are. For future reference, excetra is etc .

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 25 Sep 2017, 18:00

Oldcasman wrote:when what we want is a line breaking ball handling prop if he was that good hull kr would have hung onto him
No, that's what you want. If Powell wanted that then he would go out and get a player like that and as for "if Hull KR would have hung onto him" you mean like how Cas held on to the majority of good players they've had since 1999? Good teams pick players from teams below them.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 25 Sep 2017, 18:06

Casmoley wrote:Todd Carney, James Hasson, FPN, Anthony Gelling, Dom Peyroux, Jack Buchanan, Chris Houston, Jordan Rankin, Steve Michaels, Brett Delaney, Keith Galloway, Taulima Tautai, Willie Isa.. how many of these are either first team regulars or good enough to get in this cas team?
A fit Delaney over Springer and Maher every day. Even Tautai under Powell wouldnt be bad .

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Sep 2017, 18:07

TheSheriff wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:when what we want is a line breaking ball handling prop if he was that good hull kr would have hung onto him
No, that's what you want. If Powell wanted that then he would go out and get a player like that and as for "if Hull KR would have hung onto him" you mean like how Cas held on to the majority of good players they've had since 1999? Good teams pick players from teams below them.

Bored of hearing about 'if he was good enough hull kr would have hung onto him'

If Daz Clark was good enough we would have kept him. If Rangi Chase was good enough we wouldn't have sold him.

He may have chose to come to cas for money, for our coaches to improve him, many other reasons. Doesn't have to be for a negative reason.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Sep 2017, 18:08

takethetwo wrote:
A fit Delaney over Springer and Maher every day. Even Tautai under Powell wouldnt be bad .

Out of that list of players you pick Delaney??? Give your head a wobble. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 25 Sep 2017, 18:55

Well, our coach certainly likes a project!.

Lets hope Clark & Douglas hits the ground running in 2018...and puts a rocket up Gadwin if he now is to be a senior member of the squad prop rotation.

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 25 Sep 2017, 19:08

All players have to start somewhere, there not always ready made Super League players , the best example for me is Liam Finn , spent years in the Championship and helped turn our fortunes around, and has been a major factor in turning Wakefields fortunes around .

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 25 Sep 2017, 20:04

TheSheriff wrote:
Of course that's what I want and I am certainly not alone in wanting better players to strengthen the team.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Sep 2017, 20:19

Jonny1975 wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Totally different pal, four of five you mentioned are experienced top level players, Clarke isn't, and I was merely pointing out that we still have on going ' projects that have yet to prove they are. For future reference, excetra is etc .

Were they top level players when we signed them, pal?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Sep 2017, 20:32

lets hope we have found another diamond, watching the recordings the lad seems to come of the bench number 15 on his back, I will be surprised if big Will or Fitsimons get into the first team any time soon, Douglas as had some man of the match performance's when at Dewsbury we might see him given a chance next season, Gadwin looks a good player in short bursts only to fade I hope Darrel can bring out his undoubtable potential

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 25 Sep 2017, 21:20

Maher should be nowhere near anyone's starting 17, the lads aggression is nil. Hope he gets released to free up space. I haven't seen anything in Maher to prove that he is SL standard
I would take Clark over Maher everyday of the week. So good signing for me.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 25 Sep 2017, 21:30

You would have thought after the last 4 years people would trust darryl's judgement. He doesn't get them all right but he gets most of them correct.

to get a squad of nearly 40 players under the salary cap you need a good mix of senior pros,quality overseas,project squad players that can be developed into the above whilst inter grating talented youngster into a professional environment.id say we've never had it so good but hey ho you can please most but you won't please everyone.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Sep 2017, 21:38

duke street 10 wrote:Well, our coach certainly likes a project!.

Lets hope Clark & Douglas hits the ground running in 2018...and puts a rocket up Gadwin if he now is to be a senior member of the squad prop rotation.
against hull he was 2nd in the tackle count with 30, only foster made more with 44.
jo brand is eddie warings love child