New signing...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New signing...

Post by Tiger53 » 25 Sep 2017, 10:03

Just over 6 feet tall and 106kg (16st 7lbs).

As a visual comparison think Kyle Amor at Saints who is 6' 2" and 104 kg.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 25 Sep 2017, 10:14

Tiger53 wrote:Just over 6 feet tall and 106kg (16st 7lbs).

Including or excluding his hair?

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 25 Sep 2017, 10:20

Not sure but that might be the extra 2 inches.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 25 Sep 2017, 11:06

Looks like he's carrying a bit of extra weight, higher bf% composition.

All I can say is that he looks to have good go forward and is a John Bateman terrier type (only in playing style not size speed or ball ability) irritating and dominating forward. He looks like he takes losing the wrestle personally, and I like that in a Cas Forward. He's got aggression in his game; moreso than Lynch or anyone else to be honest! I DEFINITELY noticed his presence the other night watching him play and that's a good sign.

I think we've got 2 good prospects in Lo and Clark. Both could force their way in. I honestly believe Lo could be a big signing if he knuckles down. He's got a lot of power and pace and reminds me a little of Stanley Gene.

We MUST have a significant signing $ wise lined up; these two will be commanding an average Salary; I bet both of them are covered under Monaghan's contract cost, or at least 2/3rds of it.

I think we'll go as is in the halves, but Trueman needs to work hard at his defence and body dexterity, power & strength. That's not a criticism, it's a fact. For example Put Murdoch Maisla spotting him and we have a problem whereas Gale can at least hold up the bigger wide runners until help arrives.

To my mind, given we have Wardle coming in, I still see a HQ Big Man coming in, in the mould of Junior. I think we're finished in the backs.

4 new faces and that's that; with a bit of SC Space left over for injuries etc.
Audacter Et Sincere

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 25 Sep 2017, 11:24

I had seen clarke play for bradford last year and was very impressive with his running and agression in tackles...i think this could be a very good siging on a low wage for us..put with lo and wardle i think we are signing very good prospects that could make a real difference to our team and enhance it with out breaking the bank...very smart move by dp to go for the people he has rather than a big name player who dosent live up to expectations

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 25 Sep 2017, 12:15

Looking at clips of him I'm Not really impressed to much of a Massey type player when what we want is a line breaking ball handling prop if he was that good hull kr would have hung onto him

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 25 Sep 2017, 12:19

Oldcasman wrote:Looking at clips of him I'm Not really impressed to much of a Massey type player when what we want is a line breaking ball handling prop if he was that good hull kr would have hung onto him
thats why i asked why he wanted away from kr when they have just won promotion? nothing on the cas official web site yet?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Sep 2017, 12:32

Mysterio wrote:

Looks like he's carrying a bit of extra weight, higher bf% composition.

All I can say is that he looks to have good go forward and is a John Bateman terrier type (only in playing style not size speed or ball ability) irritating and dominating forward. He looks like he takes losing the wrestle personally, and I like that in a Cas Forward. He's got aggression in his game; moreso than Lynch or anyone else to be honest! I DEFINITELY noticed his presence the other night watching him play and that's a good sign.

I think we've got 2 good prospects in Lo and Clark. Both could force their way in. I honestly believe Lo could be a big signing if he knuckles down. He's got a lot of power and pace and reminds me a little of Stanley Gene.

We MUST have a significant signing $ wise lined up; these two will be commanding an average Salary; I bet both of them are covered under Monaghan's contract cost, or at least 2/3rds of it.

I think we'll go as is in the halves, but Trueman needs to work hard at his defence and body dexterity, power & strength. That's not a criticism, it's a fact. For example Put Murdoch Maisla spotting him and we have a problem whereas Gale can at least hold up the bigger wide runners until help arrives.

To my mind, given we have Wardle coming in, I still see a HQ Big Man coming in, in the mould of Junior. I think we're finished in the backs.

4 new faces and that's that; with a bit of SC Space left over for injuries etc.
I really don't think we have. You have to factor in contract renewals too and the potential of still having Crooks on our books next year too.

Also, one thing I learned this year is that the salary cap value doesn't always match what we pay him and it could actually be based on a player's previous contract/market value.

I reckon Monaghan/Lynch's wages will be swallowed up by Wardle and contract renewals, plus these two easily. Could quite easily be talking 20-30k more just to keep McMeeken.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Sep 2017, 12:35

yorky wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:Looking at clips of him I'm Not really impressed to much of a Massey type player when what we want is a line breaking ball handling prop if he was that good hull kr would have hung onto him
thats why i asked why he wanted away from kr when they have just won promotion? nothing on the cas official web site yet?

Given they have a current squad of 40 and a lot of players will be on contracts that go up after securing promotion (thinking likes of Carney, Masoe, Jewitt, Scruton), it may be a case that they have to offload players to make room on the cap and not a case of wanting rid of him. May be an unfortunate victim of circumstance.

Either that or he's rejected their contract offer and Cas have offered him a deal. We don't know the reasons behind it but it may not always be that he isnt wanted.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 25 Sep 2017, 12:38

HuddsTigers wrote:
yorky wrote:

Given they have a current squad of 40 and a lot of players will be on contracts that go up after securing promotion (thinking likes of Carney, Masoe, Jewitt, Scruton), it may be a case that they have to offload players to make room on the cap and not a case of wanting rid of him. May be an unfortunate victim of circumstance.

Either that or he's rejected their contract offer and Cas have offered him a deal. We don't know the reasons behind it but it may not always be that he isnt wanted.
thanks for your thoughts Hudds, any one of several circumstances & Daryl has been watching him for over a year.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 25 Sep 2017, 13:47

yorky wrote:
I think HKR probably value their quota spots far more than we do and will have wanted Mitch off the books in order to bring in quality overseas players.
Crazy we will now have 3 overseas spots taken up by lads that wont make are starting 17.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Sep 2017, 14:12

Sharlotiger wrote:
yorky wrote:
I think HKR probably value their quota spots far more than we do and will have wanted Mitch off the books in order to bring in quality overseas players.
Crazy we will now have 3 overseas spots taken up by lads that wont make are starting 17.

I think it says alot that we have 6 players in the dream team. Only 1 takes up a quota spot. Could look at it two ways. We spend more on British talent, we could get more in the dream team if our quota spots were better. I'm happy with the 1st option.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Sep 2017, 14:17

Why is Mitch Clark taking a quota spot when he was born in Pontefract?

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 25 Sep 2017, 14:40

Casmoley wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
yorky wrote:

I think it says alot that we have 6 players in the dream team. Only 1 takes up a quota spot. Could look at it two ways. We spend more on British talent, we could get more in the dream team if our quota spots were better. I'm happy with the 1st option.
Agree Casmoley. Not sure what the fascination is with bringing in overseas players. If there is good British talent at less than half the price of an Aussie, I'd rather bring the Brit in. Not all overseas players are that good.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 25 Sep 2017, 16:05

Mitch Clark was born in Pontefract so he will be non-fed trained but not quota.

As for the Dream Team, yes it is nice to have players in there and it says a lot about the teams performance but players are selected whether they are British or not. It is though a mythical team and personally I prefer to worry about the real thing. On that front Daryl hasn't done much wrong so far so I will trust his judgement.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Sep 2017, 16:10

Todd Carney, James Hasson, FPN, Anthony Gelling, Dom Peyroux, Jack Buchanan, Chris Houston, Jordan Rankin, Steve Michaels, Brett Delaney, Keith Galloway, Taulima Tautai, Willie Isa.. how many of these are either first team regulars or good enough to get in this cas team?

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 25 Sep 2017, 17:09

Underwelmed by the signing to be honest, especially if that's it for close season signings. He might be a bit of a 'project' but i feel we have enough of them, none of which have really bear any fruit, Maher, Springer, Fitzsimmons, Douglas for example. It's certainly a massive come down from the Walmsley n Tagatese rumours.

I agree don't just go and get an overseas prop if there are home grown ones available, but there isn't, are we waiting to see who drops to pick the bones out of the squad that gets relegated. Bousquet n Moa would be the fit for me, not sure about Leigh, quite like the look of Maria when I've seen him but no others stand out. Not sure about any others . Still feel we need a big, impactive prop, but I'm not holding my breath.
Last edited by Jonny1975 on 25 Sep 2017, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Sep 2017, 17:10

I believe powell was after Clarke whilst he was at Bradford but hkr beat us to him.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Sep 2017, 17:12

lurcher wrote:I believe powell was after Clarke whilst he was at Bradford but hkr beat us to him.

Correct.