Semi final

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Semi final

Post by Scoopage » 25 Sep 2017, 13:01

SuffolkTiger wrote:
Mysterio wrote:I think, due to nerves, I need to write my 17 down to ease the tension. Quality is reassuring.

1. Hardaker
2. Minikin
3. Webster
4. Shenton
5. Eden

6. Roberts
7. Gale

8. Lynch
9. McShane
10. Massey
11. Sene-Lefao
12. McMeeken
13. Milner

14. Moors
15. Millington
16. Cook
17. (In order of likelihood) Foster / Patrick / Springer

Incidentally, the final sub spot may go to someone like Hitchcox. We might need some X Factor at some stage and in terms of backs, he's possibly the Man.

I can see Daryl using 4 forwards though personally?
As soon as I finished reading that I got a huge surge of excitement, pride and emotion sweep over me.

What a massive game and how great is it that it's at our place?

From what I've seen and heard, the Saints fans are a bit short on confidence ahead of travelling to us - reading that potential team sheet will not help them.

Game on....!
Massey to 8 milo to 10 and Patrick to bench for me

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 25 Sep 2017, 13:11

I've read a lot of comments now on rlfans and redvee, I understand both sides comments, at the moment a lot of the posts are from pure nerves.

These are my thoughts. We have to start the game in a composed fashion. Against Wakefield we started poorly, kicking out on the full etc. It might be for the first 20mins we have to play un-Cas like and play it safe, play for territory. My main concern is we start slowly and St Helens go a few scores ahead as we may then start chasing the game. We need to stick in there, both teams will get plenty of chances so no need to push that play between Gale and Hardaker, if it's not on don't risk it.

I think we have more dangerous players than St Helens - Eden, Hardaker, Gale (if he plays), Webster, Millington, McMeeken, Roberts, Sene-Lefao. All are capable of creating things, taking the slightest of opportunities, spotting the smallest of gaps. Compare that to St Helens: I'm sure our redvee chums would disagree but I'm struggling to think of any genuinely dangerous players other than Roby, Fages, Barba, Grace...and those last 3 have a lot of errors in them

We need certain players to switch on (e.g. Foster/Springer if either play).

Looking at St Helens, since getting their new coach in most results have been close. There's not much in it when they've won or lost (some exceptions), I think we'll see a similar game to the defeat against them in the Super 8s but as I said in an earlier post I cannot see another defensive effort like that from any team for quite some time, possibly the best defensive effort I've ever seen.

Finally, need the crowd to be on form. I would love to hear Sweet Caroline sung during the match, not just after it. It's simple to just go straight into the chorus and cutting out the lengthy verses. For reference listen to the Wakey fans singing Hey Jude, I think it works for them and lifts the players.

I'm going 10-8 half time, full time 24-14 Cas.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 25 Sep 2017, 14:13

Big games are usually won by the side who defend their line the best which Saints were outstanding during the super 8s contest against us, if they produce a similar performance it will be a tough night.
Our own defence as been relatively poor over the 8s and will need to be much better else we wont give ourselves a chance.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 25 Sep 2017, 17:18

Askham Tiger wrote: I think we have more dangerous players than St Helens - Eden, Hardaker, Gale (if he plays), Webster, Millington, McMeeken, Roberts, Sene-Lefao. All are capable of creating things, taking the slightest of opportunities, spotting the smallest of gaps. Compare that to St Helens: I'm sure our redvee chums would disagree but I'm struggling to think of any genuinely dangerous players other than Roby, Fages, Barba, Grace...and those last 3 have a lot of errors in them
I think you could Add Big Alex Walmsley and Mark Percival to that list...

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Sep 2017, 18:07

No disciplinary problems from Friday night.
All clear to go.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 25 Sep 2017, 19:00

Nothing mentioned about Alex Walmsley so looks like both teams will be as strong as possible

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Sep 2017, 19:40

Keep tabs on ROBY watch PERCIVAL match their forwards JOB DONE , easier said than done

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Sep 2017, 21:33

takethetwo wrote:I was talking to Zak today and they were his words.
according to schoey luke told him the same.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Sep 2017, 10:00

James child is the ref.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 26 Sep 2017, 10:05

old cas lass wrote:James child is the ref.

I'm not normally one to worry about refs but let's hope it's not the same one sided performance he gave last week in saints favour.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Sep 2017, 10:14

lurcher wrote:
takethetwo wrote:I was talking to Zak today and they were his words.
according to schoey luke told him the same.
Hope your both right
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 26 Sep 2017, 10:25

Just as a side note Alex Walmsley was placed on report last week
how come there's no filing of the incident at the RFL this week - I can fully understand he's on report and the filing is then assessed and NFA required

Not trying to start a witch hunt either as I rate Big Al and he's not a dirty player

does anyone know how and why this has happened?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 26 Sep 2017, 10:55

Apart from Luke, does anyone know if we're carrying knocks? Moors? Benny?
Audacter Et Sincere

Starman

Post by Starman » 26 Sep 2017, 11:01

Saints fan in peace! Gave this forum a read to see what the other side is saying!

We are looking at Barba, Makinson, Morgan, Percival, Grace, Lomax, Richardson, Douglas, Roby, Walmsley, Wilkin, Taia, Knowles. Bench: Fages, Thompson, LMS, Peyroux.

We've undoubtedly improved since JH has arrived, but I feel this one is a game too far for us. We are gambling on your better players feeling the pressure, realistically. Our best performance of the season was our win at your place R1 of the 8s, and re-creating that is our only chance.

Cas have always been mine and many Saints fans second sides (even more so after your favour at the DW!), and if we don't do it I hope you lot do :)

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 26 Sep 2017, 11:14

Starman wrote:Saints fan in peace! Gave this forum a read to see what the other side is saying!

We are looking at Barba, Makinson, Morgan, Percival, Grace, Lomax, Richardson, Douglas, Roby, Walmsley, Wilkin, Taia, Knowles. Bench: Fages, Thompson, LMS, Peyroux.

We've undoubtedly improved since JH has arrived, but I feel this one is a game too far for us. We are gambling on your better players feeling the pressure, realistically. Our best performance of the season was our win at your place R1 of the 8s, and re-creating that is our only chance.

Cas have always been mine and many Saints fans second sides (even more so after your favour at the DW!), and if we don't do it I hope you lot do :)
Very strong team. Really didn't want to play Saints in the Semis but here we are. Can't see any team walking away with it and can see it being won in last 5 minutes. Not sure by who.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 26 Sep 2017, 11:14

Ready for a penalty fest?? James Child is the ref.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 26 Sep 2017, 11:18

InTheKnow wrote:
Starman wrote:Saints fan in peace! Gave this forum a read to see what the other side is saying!

Very strong team. Really didn't want to play Saints in the Semis but here we are. Can't see any team walking away with it and can see it being won in last 5 minutes. Not sure by who.
I didn't want to play anyone in the semis, I wanted to be champions because we've played for months to earn it. However, you wouldn't expect anything easy at this stage. We've wanted to be involved in this for years, now we are, embrace it.

Starman

Post by Starman » 26 Sep 2017, 11:19

InTheKnow wrote:

Our recent knockout performances are atrocious. Lost 53-10 to you in the CC, lost to Warrington with no Currie or Sandow in the semi final last season and lost 47-18 to Hull FC in the CC at home. In 2015 Leeds knocked us out of both but that was their treble winning season.

A lot is made of the pressure on your lads but there's lots of questions on how our lot can play in knock out games, as recent performances have been desperately poor, albeit under another coach.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 26 Sep 2017, 11:28

theres some nerves on this forum... come on folks enjoy the ride BELIEVE..

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 26 Sep 2017, 11:29

Starman wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:

Our recent knockout performances are atrocious. Lost 53-10 to you in the CC, lost to Warrington with no Currie or Sandow in the semi final last season and lost 47-18 to Hull FC in the CC at home. In 2015 Leeds knocked us out of both but that was their treble winning season.

A lot is made of the pressure on your lads but there's lots of questions on how our lot can play in knock out games, as recent performances have been desperately poor, albeit under another coach.

It's all on the day it's really that close,I guess us fans worry more than the players because all we can do is watch and hope.i don't buy into the we've no big game experience I think we've plenty of winners amongst our team non more so than in the coaching department.ive read the comments on redvee and tbh it's no different to anything that's not been written on here. There was a post at the start of the season that said what do we have to do to start challenging to which my reply was beat saints and here we are. IMO the grand final winners will come from this game.