Semi final

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Semi final

Post by braytontiger » 23 Sep 2017, 12:22

So here we are the week we've all been waiting for is upon us.has its got closer my nerves have started to increase the doubts are creeping in,God knows how I'll feel come Thursday. Yesterday has gone and thank god we've not picked up any knocks,injuries,likely bans.

I feel the boys have been building up towards this 1 game,the biggest game wheldon road has ever seen,the chance to cement their place in Castleford's history,to become immortals.we will never have a better chance than the one now to do this.

To me this game means everything years and years of following the team regardless of how good or mainly bad we've been.to go to the theatre of dreams to stand along side family and friends at a game I never thought was possible for my team.please be our year please be our time.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Semi final

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Sep 2017, 12:32

That says it all
Unusually I'm in Cas on a Saturday
The air is electric and tickets for Thursday selling lik hotcakes!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 23 Sep 2017, 12:33

braytontiger wrote:So here we are the week we've all been waiting for is upon us.has its got closer my nerves have started to increase the doubts are creeping in,God knows how I'll feel come Thursday. Yesterday has gone and thank god we've not picked up any knocks,injuries,likely bans.

I feel the boys have been building up towards this 1 game,the biggest game wheldon road has ever seen,the chance to cement their place in Castleford's history,to become immortals.we will never have a better chance than the one now to do this.

To me this game means everything years and years of following the team regardless of how good or mainly bad we've been.to go to the theatre of dreams to stand along side family and friends at a game I never thought was possible for my team.please be our year please be our time.
"we will never have a better chance than the one now to do this."

Wont we have a good shot for next 3/4 years assuming we continue to build on what we have already ?

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 23 Sep 2017, 12:36

fords wrote:
braytontiger wrote:So here we are the week we've all been waiting for is upon us.has its got closer my nerves have started to increase the doubts are creeping in,God knows how I'll feel come Thursday. Yesterday has gone and thank god we've not picked up any knocks,injuries,likely bans.

"we will never have a better chance than the one now to do this."

Wont we have a good shot for next 3/4 years assuming we continue to build on what we have already ?
I'd have said that in 1999,it's taken 18 years to get back to this point. Yes we are in a better position than back then but their are no guarantees

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 23 Sep 2017, 22:18

Is it weird to feel nervous already?? Sat on sofa reading how we are favourites but many expect Saints to win due to experience. Sure hope we have learnt from our big game losses in recent years and turn it around.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Sep 2017, 22:55

threats ,control ROBI watch Percival match the forwards job done Easley said than done this is going to be one hell of a match, COME ON YE FORD

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 24 Sep 2017, 00:24

Tbh, frightened by Hull. Tbh, just frightened.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 24 Sep 2017, 06:17

Dump the super 8s shirts in the bin for thursday. not bought us any luck at home.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 24 Sep 2017, 06:26

Dump the super 8s shirt all in all. We are known for our Orange or Amber. Let's be seen become champions in our known colours.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Sep 2017, 08:05

duke street 10 wrote:Dump the super 8s shirts in the bin for thursday. not bought us any luck at home.
Agree 100%

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 24 Sep 2017, 08:28

corvusxiii wrote:Tbh, frightened by Hull. Tbh, just frightened.
I find it hard to admit it but me too.

We deserve at least a place in the final but we've first got to beat our hoodoo team. The disappointment that they've inflicted on us over the years means I'm very edgy about Thursday.

Hull will be really fancying their chances despite a poor record at Leeds. Facing Hetheringtons mob is the ideal final for me.

I keep telling myself that we just need to play to our potential for 2 more games and it's ours.

Note to self - for freakins sake - just enjoy it....

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 24 Sep 2017, 08:34

I've placed the largest bet I've ever placed on Saints to win.

I'd happily lose every penny, but I honestly don't think we've broken their hoodoo over us.

First game of the 8s Saints played the most complete defensive performance i think I've ever seen. If they replicate that then we won't win.

I'm a huge pessimist i know, and i hope I'm wrong.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Sep 2017, 08:44

Squaddie86 wrote:I've placed the largest bet I've ever placed on Saints to win.

I'd happily lose every penny, but I honestly don't think we've broken their hoodoo over us.

First game of the 8s Saints played the most complete defensive performance i think I've ever seen. If they replicate that then we won't win.

They now have the best defence in the league.
It would have been us but for that stupid 48 points put by us by hull.

We need to be on our A game in attack to win this.
To close to call for my liking.

It's panning out to be a cracker.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Sep 2017, 09:14

old cas lass wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:Dump the super 8s shirts in the bin for thursday. not bought us any luck at home.
Agree 100%
We were wearing the away shirts when we lost on Friday so as we've only lost 2 at home we better stick with the orange ones

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Sep 2017, 09:15

May as well not bother turning up then ....
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 24 Sep 2017, 09:15

Let me say that I am as nervous as the next person about Thursdays game, that is what semi finals do to you and I just hope that the players are a little less nervous.

However, all the talk about St Helens the bogey team is irrelevant. What gone in previous seasons has gone it was a different team, different times. It matters not who you play in any semi final, you have to bring your A game to win as the other team will be up for it as much as you whoever it is.

The facts are that St Helens have beaten the current team twice and the current team have beaten St Helens twice. We have an equal chance, we have to turn up and put in our best performance and we win. Simple.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Sep 2017, 09:27

Don't care what's on their site although they seem in agreement with most of our posters on the likely result
Well in my view we owe them big time and it's time we stopped worrying about the opposition who have just got over the top 4 line with a wet sail. We have just finished the season with 5 out of 7 in the Super 8s and a 'gimme' to Hull on Friday.
We've had a load of posters this week saying we should have played our strongest on Friday and as many saying we should rest key players in the playoffs
It's time for coach, players and fans to stand up and be counted
This is OUR time. Saints are descending into the inferno on Thursday.
Let's enjoy what will be the biggest game of our biggest season and roar our best ever team ( Malcolm Reilly's words not mine) on to Old Trafford

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 24 Sep 2017, 09:30

dont think anyone from fridays game played themselves into team for semi. i hope resting players doesnt bits us by breaking the rhythm of players who have been playing well.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Sep 2017, 09:31

old cas lass wrote:
Squaddie86 wrote:I've placed the largest bet I've ever placed on Saints to win.

They now have the best defence in the league.
It would have been us but for that stupid 48 points put by us by hull.

We need to be on our A game in attack to win this.
To close to call for my liking.

It's panning out to be a cracker.
Don't forget we put over 50 points past the best defence in the league in the cup tie.
We haven't conceded 50 this season even with half a team out against the cup winners