So, who played there way in !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: So, who played there way in !

Post by Max n paddy » 22 Sep 2017, 22:54

Might be easier to name injuries that are close ?

Gale n Moors ? Patrick n Oli ?

Think if some of these are fit the fringe players won't get a look in.
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 22 Sep 2017, 23:21

Hardaker
Eden
Shenton
Webster
Minikin
Roberts
Gale
Massey
McShane
Jsl
Mcmeekin
Foster
Milner

Millington
Moors
O Holmes
Cook

Leave moors and millington to deal with walmsley when he comes on.

Job done tonight no injuries,I'd have preferred it to have been closer but such is life,win next week and tonight will be forgotten very quickly.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Sep 2017, 23:47

Must have been at a different game because I felt Springer had a lot of intent in his carries again. I also thought Monaghan had an excellent game in the centre tonight too.

Hardaker
Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Eden
Roberts
Gale
Millington
McShane
Massey
JSL
McMeeken
Milner

Springer
Cook
Moors
O Holmes

Foster/Monaghan
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 22 Sep 2017, 23:57

I agree with you HT I thought Springer in his first stint was up to the task with some very good yardage

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 23 Sep 2017, 02:24

Best thing about tonights game - no injuries. How did Trueman play?

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 23 Sep 2017, 05:19

usacas wrote:Best thing about tonights game - no injuries. How did Trueman play?

Not as much a impact as last week but was always going tonne tough to match that.. however defended well against some big blokes (just 1 one on one miss for a try) a few decent kicks. All tries down the right though not much play with Fozz monners Hitchcox but Eden prefered to play down the right.

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 23 Sep 2017, 07:16

Totally agree with Hudds Tigers 17 for next Thursday, JSL has to play in 2nd row for me but fear DP sees him more as a prop. Only difference in my 17 would be Patrick in for Springer and possibly Foster in for Holmes.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 23 Sep 2017, 08:33

Prop rotation is the concern for me. Jesse is better a little further out on the field,Junior looks like he's at 50% compared to the Wire game when he got injured . Old father time has finally caught up on Lynch,and on viewing this season would we really be confident if Gadwin or Will Maher were on the bench on Thursday?

Saints will come after us on Thursday,with that in mind I'd like Larne Patrick in the squad...feel he would get stuck in.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Sep 2017, 08:38

I suspect if Patrick was fit he would have played last night. Fact he’s missing suggests he’s injured which is why he misses out for me.

Springer has been praised by Powell in recent weeks and last night was best I’ve seen him play in a while. With a better unit and quicker PTBs he becomes a dangerous asset.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Sep 2017, 08:49

braytontiger wrote:Hardaker
Eden
Shenton
Webster
Minikin
Roberts
Gale
Massey
McShane
Jsl
Mcmeekin
Foster
Milner

Millington
Moors
O Holmes
Cook

Leave moors and millington to deal with walmsley when he comes on.

Job done tonight no injuries,I'd have preferred it to have been closer but such is life,win next week and tonight will be forgotten very quickly.
Totally agree with you Brayton and very much what Powell is saying. Personally I could be a bit disgruntled because the four hour drive to the match and missing the first 10 minutes wasn't worth it in terms of what we then watched.
Having said that, I don't feel sorry for the impact of the result on Wane and Tomkins, I'm pleased that we didn't increase our injury list or unnecessarily risk players, I'm pleased that a number of our fringe players at last got some game time in a way that there has been little opportunity for ( unlike the ones who did last season and benefited from it this year).
I'm also delighted to see a debutant score a hat trick for the second week in succession (has this ever happened in the sport at the top level before).
I also think we saw enough early in the second half to realise that Hull are not to be feared. They were rocking after our third try and if we hadn't then got over-excited and bombed a chance to get another it could have been a very different game.
Thaler didn't disappoint. As always, he thought we had all come to watch him. Personally I'm not a big fan of the Muppet show.
Powell overall was happy and the reality was that next week is what matters. I know Hull particularly enjoy their visits to Headingley, so glad we were able to arrange one for them!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Sep 2017, 10:15

If like to see jsl back playing left Sr. The early matches of the season really hit the left hand side working. He was instrumental in that with his ability to attract players to him.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 26 Sep 2017, 10:54

Hardaker
Eden
Shenton
Webster
Minikin
Roberts
Gale
JSL
McShane
Massey
McMeeken
Holmes
Milner

Millington
Moors
Cook
Springer

Obviously subject to fitness etc
It's essential we start well and don't start playing catch up rugby because Saints have proven that they can defend for very long stints.
Its key we defend the ruck as Roby is their talisman and slow their go forward down with line speed.
Walmsley is the main threat in the middle and I'm sure our more senior players will be watching him when he carries
Having watched Ben Barba - going forward he's creating space but defenders have shot out of the line to nobble him. Defensively he's a little susceptible under the high ball so I can see it going skywards often. I also think mixing it up will stop the saints defensive wave (I think OCL suggested a dink over the top) not a bad idea in fairness

Ball retention, completed sets and patience are key.

The nerves have started this morning,
The Fans need to do their bit by raising the roof off the old girl.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 26 Sep 2017, 12:16

Gadwin had one his better matches 30 tackles and some good go forward , we need some size on the park Gadwin can give us that

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 26 Sep 2017, 13:03

gateman wrote:Gadwin had one his better matches 30 tackles and some good go forward , we need some size on the park Gadwin can give us that

For me he seems easy to tackle for his size.

Only young for a prop though like someone said.
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 26 Sep 2017, 16:33

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Max n paddy wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:Nobody.
Unfortunately I think Springer played himself out. Too many stupid penalties in dangerous positions.

Is it me , why does it only take two guys to tackle springer ?
It's not just you.
For me, he is our only under-performer this year.
Lazy in the tackle, concedes too many penalties and not strong enough in contact. He puts in the occasional barnstorming run, but it's just not enough.
However, he is still young for a prop. Very few props are at their peak by the age of 24.
totally agree he simply his not doing enough to deserve a place in the 17