Jack's Vision

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Jack's Vision

Post by Mysterio » 19 Sep 2017, 12:17

Accidentally stumbled across this earlier. It came directly after we'd lost 7 on the bounce and released Ian Millward.

"Castleford also announced several changes to their commercial team, with interim chief executive Steve Gill taking the role on a permanent basis and chairman Jack Fulton stating: "I am determined to turn the fortunes of this club around and believe that will happen under the tenure of Steve Gill.

"He is a Castleford man through and through who is dedicated and devoted to leading the club to a bright future."

I think it Could be motivational for both the semi and semi final to have a Jack Fulton banner for our changing room quoting him, along with a brief word from his Son Ian before the games.

Jack knew we could do it. It's time to reconnect with how far we have come and what we went through to get here.

Bless him. RIP Jack. Not only did he bring Steve Gill forward, he identified and brought several highly skilled new Directors in. Do not underestimate our leadership team....we have the best.

I wonder if any talks etc will be done before the big game(s).
Audacter Et Sincere

Dr?
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Jack's Vision

Post by Dr? » 19 Sep 2017, 16:16

I won't lie, I thought Gill's appointment was gonna be a disaster, a cheap option when we needed someone with proven pedigree. I'm so bloody happy I was wrong. The trip to Wembley a couple of years ago was fantastic and this year has just been incredible, with more to come in future seasons I have no doubt. Cheers Jack, you left a wonderful legacy at the Tigers.

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 19 Sep 2017, 16:21

On a similar track, a friend pointed out on hearing DP had the coaching job that it was a good deal for Cas. He was local therefore no house would be required. Coach on the cheap? Never imagined how it would turn out!
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Sep 2017, 16:32

I must admit, I was pro Stuart Raper, even speaking to Him about it :lol:

I wasn't overly excited about DP.

In future years we may look back on Daryl's appointment as the point when our club began a dynasty :hand: :pray:
Audacter Et Sincere

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Sep 2017, 17:05

For me the change occurred when the penny dropped for Jack when he realized you need more than one person running a sports club. This resulted in the removal of the lovable Richard Wright (the one man show), the appointment of Steve Gill and the installation of a coaching team headed by Darryl Powell.

All the new appointments appear to have worked together with the available resources to not only slowly build a team but to also improve the available resources.

It may be the blueprint for running a rugby club but I'm not sure I want others to follow too closely!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 20 Sep 2017, 01:52

Like a few on this Board at the time I thought Gills appointment was a cheap option instead of appointing an experienced CEO but I am glad it has worked out. Same with DP i thought it was a gamble but he proved me wrong.

But I am glad that I and others on here were proved right with our campaign to get rid of Richard Wright. At the time we and got absolutely slammed by posters on here saying that we were not true supporters and we should always support the Board.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 20 Sep 2017, 10:12

I too thought Gill was a gamble/cheap option. But I was always happy with Powell. I wanted him instead of Basil. What DP had done wth Leeds and Fev made me think he would be alright and he is better than that.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 20 Sep 2017, 15:35

I recall getting an insight in to how DP worked over a 2 year period and I can remember telling a few Fev fans that DP will end up at Cas and go on to be a success. I can tell you they disagreed in a way thst isnt repeatable.

He was/is different gravy and Sheridan was the icing on tbe cake. I used to watch and listen for ages and tgey way the dealt with people was what I was impressed with.

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 22 Sep 2017, 14:50

I daught when he loaned funds to make up for the board at the time what turned out to be poor decisions and a major short fall between sky money and the salary cap that the new generation of the Fulton family would want to make a profit by charging interest on the Fulton loan. COYF

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 22 Sep 2017, 18:37

Johnlewis1920 wrote:I daught when he loaned funds to make up for the board at the time what turned out to be poor decisions and a major short fall between sky money and the salary cap that the new generation of the Fulton family would want to make a profit by charging interest on the Fulton loan. COYF
Not sure what you mean, maybe predictive text re-wrote your post?
Danny Boy