Sam Tomkins

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Sam Tomkins

Post by TT Tiger » 18 Sep 2017, 15:12

Has said we don't have the temperament to win big games as we lost in 2014. Don't think he realises we only have 5 players left from that team that day. Shenton, Webster, Lynch, Oli Holmes, and Massey. We now have a team that is used to winning, confident, ruthless and controlled. The super league is ours for the winning. Let's show the doubters what we can do.

Dr?
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Sam Tomkins

Post by Dr? » 18 Sep 2017, 15:18

Maybe we should take note. He is an expert on not having the temprement to suceed under pressure, having completely bottled his shot at the NRL.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Sep 2017, 15:24

Hes a somewhat sad figure now really
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Sep 2017, 16:07

As been comes to mind.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 18 Sep 2017, 16:42

What a **** Sour grapes spring to mind
Please keep your comments worthy of this forum and child friendly!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Sep 2017, 17:35

TT Tiger wrote:Has said we don't have the temperament to win big games as we lost in 2014. Don't think he realises we only have 5 players left from that team that day. Shenton, Webster, Lynch, Oli Holmes, and Massey. We now have a team that is used to winning, confident, ruthless and controlled. The super league is ours for the winning. Let's show the doubters what we can do.
True, we lost the cup final at Wembley in 2014...just like Wigan did in 2017 !

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 18 Sep 2017, 17:45

chesterfieldtiger wrote:What a **** Sour grapes spring to mind
Please keep your comments worthy of this forum and child friendly!
Sorry

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 18 Sep 2017, 18:32

Tbf his exact words were ' Cas have only played 1 knockout rugby game and they came up short' and we did . I dont like him or his brother (joel) but he is only stating fact. The last three big games we have played ( CC final v Leeds , Catalans away to win LLS and Hull CC semi ) we have lost .

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 18 Sep 2017, 18:48

takethetwo wrote:Tbf his exact words were ' Cas have only played 1 knockout rugby game and they came up short' and we did . I dont like him or his brother (joel) but he is only stating fact. The last three big games we have played ( CC final v Leeds , Catalans away to win LLS and Hull CC semi ) we have lost .
The last big game we played we won to win the LLS

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Sep 2017, 18:50

takethetwo wrote:Tbf his exact words were ' Cas have only played 1 knockout rugby game and they came up short' and we did . I dont like him or his brother (joel) but he is only stating fact. The last three big games we have played ( CC final v Leeds , Catalans away to win LLS and Hull CC semi ) we have lost .
Wrong

We played wakey 2/3 weeks ago to win LLS and won so we can do it

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 18 Sep 2017, 19:04

fords wrote:
Wrong

Not really, he referred to knock out rugby and the Wakey game was hardly that with us so far ahead of Leeds

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Sep 2017, 19:09

alftupper wrote:
fords wrote:
Wrong

Not really, he referred to knock out rugby and the Wakey game was hardly that with us so far ahead of Leeds
No he didn't he said
The last 3 big games we have lost.

The last big game we won for the LLS

Sam might have said knockout but I'm referring to the post

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 18 Sep 2017, 19:25

This is what Brian Carey said in his 'Good week, bad week column,'
"Considering how important the game was for the Warriors and in front of a big crowd, it was as bad a performance as they've put in for a long time."

If I were a Wigan player I hope I'd be smart enough to avoid drawing attention to the subject of temperament after my team's performance yesterday.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 18 Sep 2017, 20:52

alftupper wrote:
fords wrote:
Wrong

And he is wrong as we played Saints in a knock out CC game in the first round and soundly thrashed them.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 18 Sep 2017, 21:15

Anyone else notice on the highlights that he sticks a leg out to try and stop Trueman on his hat trick try?

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 18 Sep 2017, 21:30

TheSheriff wrote:Anyone else notice on the highlights that he sticks a leg out to try and stop Trueman on his hat trick try?
You mean the bit where "the possible England fullback" gets done like a kipper by the 18yr old kid on his first start :lol:

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 18 Sep 2017, 21:33

ERG2012 wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:Anyone else notice on the highlights that he sticks a leg out to try and stop Trueman on his hat trick try?
You mean the bit where "the possible England fullback" gets done like a kipper by the 18yr old kid on his first start :lol:
Yep :lol: top quality full back, honest :lol: :lol:

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 18 Sep 2017, 21:36

You mean the one where the ex England full back and NRL star playing at home in a must-win game got side-stepped by18 year old kid on his starting debut and couldn't lay a finger on him? :D

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 18 Sep 2017, 21:37

Beat me to it Sherriff!

p.s.
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by p.s. » 19 Sep 2017, 22:19

We probably only won because of Wigan's "postage stamp" pitch!