TODAYS WIN

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Dougielad

Re: TODAYS WIN

Post by Dougielad » 17 Sep 2017, 20:05

Congratulation from a pie eater. The Tigers played really well today, as they have all season, but went off the boil a little in the second half which allowed us to score. If we didn't have this damn fool play off system you would already be Champions.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Sep 2017, 20:15

Red vee forum worth a look lol
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 Sep 2017, 20:24

Dougielad wrote:Congratulation from a pie eater. The Tigers played really well today, as they have all season, but went off the boil a little in the second half which allowed us to score. If we didn't have this damn fool play off system you would already be Champions.
thanks for that dougielad
jo brand is eddie warings love child

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 17 Sep 2017, 21:10

nottinghamtiger wrote:I'd prefer Hull out of the top four.
All the teams have the ability to beat each other, but given Hull's recent success in two finals they have recent 'big game' experience that we lack.
I'd be much happier playing a combination of Wigan, Saints and Leeds.
Hull wont beat Leeds in semi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 17 Sep 2017, 21:26

fords wrote:
All the teams have the ability to beat each other, but given Hull's recent success in two finals they have recent 'big game' experience that we lack.
They smashed them in the cup semi.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 17 Sep 2017, 21:33

Any injuries or did everyone come through ok??

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 17 Sep 2017, 21:38

lurcher wrote:
Dougielad wrote:Congratulation from a pie eater. The Tigers played really well today, as they have all season, but went off the boil a little in the second half which allowed us to score. If we didn't have this damn fool play off system you would already be Champions.
thanks for that dougielad
If we're honest we didn't expect to win today.
Wigan really needed the win but Powell's philosophy of playing to win every game came to the fore and the weakened team stood up.
Thanks for your complements and let's hope that we don't finish up as a entertaining but 'nearly' team.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Sep 2017, 21:39

InTheKnow wrote:Any injuries or did everyone come through ok??
think i saw o.holmes limping off
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Sep 2017, 22:08

InTheKnow wrote:Any injuries or did everyone come through ok??

Milner got a knock and had to come off.
He as tweeted since saying it's not to bad.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 17 Sep 2017, 22:25

nottinghamtiger wrote:
fords wrote:
The cup semi wasn't at headingley. Hull haven't won there in donkeys

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Sep 2017, 07:55

We did not go yesterday one of the few matches my son and I have missed, will the club have DVD of the match on sale ?? I would love to see the game

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 18 Sep 2017, 11:59

While it's nice to see the Red Vee (St Helens) forum having a bit of a Cas love in as we've done them a favour, let's not forget the bitter comments they were spouting just a matter of weeks back when they lost at Wheldon Road in the league....perhaps the most sour bunch of comments from opposition fans I've ever seen after a game. Quoted below for your pleasure. I hope we play them in the semi and put right the defeat in the Super 8s

Never known a side obstruct as often as Cas do. You put an extra couple of runners in the frame and it becomes harder to pick up apparently... They aren't a club I like and it'll be interesting to see if they can cope with the pressure or whether someone shuts them up when it counts.
Also graces try is given on sky...... ,on another note first time I've been to cas for 20 years and it's like a time warp from the 80s , I can't believe you can still smoke in the ground , and was someone cooking jacket spuds all day?
This is all a part of a bigger plan by big Nige and the boys to give us an even competition. Saints Wigan and Wire put in a box whilst Cas Wakey and Salford shine! Good luck with the 22000 grand final crowd between Cas and Wakey. Maybe they will pitch in and build a ground with a stand that you can actually see the try line from and a decent bog.
Spot on mate. I'm sure there will be some Thaler style officiating at the tail end of the season to ensure it's a minnow against a big fish in the GF. Cas v Wigan, Salford v Leeds anyone? I reckon either the pies or Yaarkshires finest (Rhinos) will be one of the two sides in the GF.
As for the smell of burnt toast - I was more concerned the wooden stand was on fire but didn't want to elaborate on commentary on that!
I know I go on about the state of some of these grounds but picking up on the statement above people died at Bradford City due to a decrepit stand and I do view Cas and Wakey as seating areas that do not fit right in days of alleged safe stadiums.
On a seperate note how can that ground be allowed to open?
Serving beer from a b and q shed , and the cash turnstile more or less in the toilet

Surely part of the admission fee is for the facilities as well as on the field.... makes you appreciate the totally wicked stadium
Absolute disgrace for a super league ground, we were told knowsley road wasnt up to standard its 10 times better than weldon rd.or the jungle
Disgusting little place the jungle , clearly invest in the team , but not the facilities , who has porta Kabins for toilets?, really does embarrass our great game when on TV, the lack of a scoreboard/clock that everyone can see are surely just basics
As an aside, the home crowd came over as pretty hostile towards Saints on the radio.

Wildie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Wildie » 18 Sep 2017, 12:40

Spanishtiger wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
fords wrote:
The cup semi wasn't at headingley. Hull haven't won there in donkeys
Is it really Headingley anymore with the South Stand half demolished?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Sep 2017, 14:48

Askham Tiger wrote:While it's nice to see the Red Vee (St Helens) forum having a bit of a Cas love in as we've done them a favour, let's not forget the bitter comments they were spouting just a matter of weeks back when they lost at Wheldon Road in the league....perhaps the most sour bunch of comments from opposition fans I've ever seen after a game. Quoted below for your pleasure. I hope we play them in the semi and put right the defeat in the Super 8s

Never known a side obstruct as often as Cas do. You put an extra couple of runners in the frame and it becomes harder to pick up apparently... They aren't a club I like and it'll be interesting to see if they can cope with the pressure or whether someone shuts them up when it counts.
Also graces try is given on sky...... ,on another note first time I've been to cas for 20 years and it's like a time warp from the 80s , I can't believe you can still smoke in the ground , and was someone cooking jacket spuds all day?
This is all a part of a bigger plan by big Nige and the boys to give us an even competition. Saints Wigan and Wire put in a box whilst Cas Wakey and Salford shine! Good luck with the 22000 grand final crowd between Cas and Wakey. Maybe they will pitch in and build a ground with a stand that you can actually see the try line from and a decent bog.
Spot on mate. I'm sure there will be some Thaler style officiating at the tail end of the season to ensure it's a minnow against a big fish in the GF. Cas v Wigan, Salford v Leeds anyone? I reckon either the pies or Yaarkshires finest (Rhinos) will be one of the two sides in the GF.
As for the smell of burnt toast - I was more concerned the wooden stand was on fire but didn't want to elaborate on commentary on that!
I know I go on about the state of some of these grounds but picking up on the statement above people died at Bradford City due to a decrepit stand and I do view Cas and Wakey as seating areas that do not fit right in days of alleged safe stadiums.
On a seperate note how can that ground be allowed to open?
Serving beer from a b and q shed , and the cash turnstile more or less in the toilet

Surely part of the admission fee is for the facilities as well as on the field.... makes you appreciate the totally wicked stadium
Absolute disgrace for a super league ground, we were told knowsley road wasnt up to standard its 10 times better than weldon rd.or the jungle
Disgusting little place the jungle , clearly invest in the team , but not the facilities , who has porta Kabins for toilets?, really does embarrass our great game when on TV, the lack of a scoreboard/clock that everyone can see are surely just basics
As an aside, the home crowd came over as pretty hostile towards Saints on the radio.
Trolls I agree but the sad fact is that every club has them and they represent nothing but themselves and a small group of like minded troll friends

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 18 Sep 2017, 22:40

On a darker note, I wonder if the club can do something about a very small minority of our own support. Yesterday there were the usual ''d**k heads continually chanting ''Sean Wane's a **** and ''Your f****** s***e' at the Wigan players, which they are doing at every team we are rolling over now. Whatever one says about Wigan, they never used to chant that at our side in the years they used to roll us over, and even if they had have done, it does not make it right.

What these monumental morons fail to realise is that all our away support, families, women and children are congregated in the same stand and area, and I know I am speaking for many who were complaining, that we are getting sick of it. Just what are they trying to prove and who do they think they are impressing?

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 18 Sep 2017, 23:53

Enjoyed the highlights but spoilt by the Cas fan with a drum. Its bad enough listening to the Leeds drummer without now having one at Cas. Hope someone tells him to "stick it"!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Sep 2017, 07:59

The drummer adds plenty to the noise that comes out of the cas end and as done every away game im sure the players must love the noise thats behind them ..14,000 wigan fans sunday hardly a sound 1,000 cas fans all behind the team its not rocket science
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Sep 2017, 09:46

I'll pop this on this thread.
Don't want to start a new one.

Wigan fans in utter melt down. This posted on twitter. :D :D :D :D :D

Cas have stitched us right up the Yorkshire [REMOVED]. Hope they go into liquidation

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 21 Sep 2017, 10:20

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jazzman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jazzman » 21 Sep 2017, 10:34

old cas lass wrote:I'll pop this on this thread.
Don't want to start a new one.

Wigan fans in utter melt down. This posted on twitter. :D :D :D :D :D

Cas have stitched us right up the Yorkshire [REMOVED]. Hope they go into liquidation
More chance of Wigan going into liquidation. Wonder what he will say then.