Presentation night

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Presentation night

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Sep 2017, 22:29

Saddened to see Million go. Lad looked half decent at start of the season.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 16 Sep 2017, 22:39

HuddsTigers wrote:Saddened to see Million go. Lad looked half decent at start of the season.
Agree. Although big raps on O'Neil. Good look to the lad in the future.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Sep 2017, 23:41

sorry to see million go he looked a real prospect but as its been said many times we can't keep them all.
hope he gets a good contract some where.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 16 Sep 2017, 23:47

Announced that Diskin is leaving too - heading to France.

Galey's speech, and I quote

I'm feeling good and I'll be ready 'if not for the semi' then 'the GF'

If you ask me he's a shoe in for a semi spot.

An excellent evening with an outstanding send off for Lynch. Video messages from Dicko, vowlesy, wagga, Robbie Paul, Paul Anderson, baz & tez to name a few,

Funny moments- most players seemed to be following trend by not wearing socks under their shoes and trousers that represented grief of a deceased Cat. James Deighton picked up on it and asked each person taking yo the stage if they had socks on.

Powelly then slyly took his socks off :lol: :lol:

James Deighton was a bit cocky for my taste overall but a fab night.
Audacter Et Sincere

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 17 Sep 2017, 08:58

Casmoley wrote:
Di wrote:They also said goodbye to Joel Monaghan Tom Holmes Kevin Layorer and Luke Million

Does this mean Conor Fitzsimmons gets a new deal. Or has he already been released with no mention of it.

Expect plenty of the 19s to earn squad numbers next year. Trueman, Mcelland, Johnson, storey, turner, diskin, o'neil.

Good luck to the boys leaving.
I think fitzy is still at the club. I believe there are 9 of last years 19s starting pre season with the first team 6 of the year 2s and 3 of last years year 1s. All the year 3s have been released.

Luke million,pat diskin and paddy burns are going to play in France whilst Harvey kear is going to York.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 17 Sep 2017, 09:17

braytontiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
Di wrote:They also said goodbye to Joel Monaghan Tom Holmes Kevin Layorer and Luke Million

Does this mean Conor Fitzsimmons gets a new deal. Or has he already been released with no mention of it.

Expect plenty of the 19s to earn squad numbers next year. Trueman, Mcelland, Johnson, storey, turner, diskin, o'neil.

I think fitzy is still at the club. I believe there are 9 of last years 19s starting pre season with the first team 6 of the year 2s and 3 of last years year 1s. All the year 3s have been released.

Luke million,pat diskin and paddy burns are going to play in France whilst Harvey kear is going to York.

Fitzy ooc this year so must have earnt a new one with some good performances at Workington. If so, congrats Fitzy!

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 17 Sep 2017, 09:19

Casmoley wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Fitzy ooc this year so must have earnt a new one with some good performances at Workington. If so, congrats Fitzy!
I'm only presuming given that it wasn't announced that he's leaving.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 17 Sep 2017, 09:27

Callum Bustin (trialist from London) looks to have earned a deal also.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 17 Sep 2017, 13:25

It was heart warming to see Luke Gale make a beeline to congratulate winners of awards as they made their way to the stage; especially the young guys. It means so much and it was a pleasure to witness.
Audacter Et Sincere

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 17 Sep 2017, 21:05

Casmoley wrote:

don't get me wrong that's fantastic to hear. But all at once is a bit risky for my likeing tbh

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 17 Sep 2017, 23:37

fords wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

don't get me wrong that's fantastic to hear. But all at once is a bit risky for my likeing tbh
Well trueman well and truly earned his stripes today.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Sep 2017, 00:17

he certainly did. fair enough he was in the right place at the right time to ground the ball from the kick for his first try, but the way he ghosted through for his second and third when nothing seemed on showed tremendous talent and awareness.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Sep 2017, 13:55

fords wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

One of the problems is that we have a young squad. You have to be outstanding to warrant a chance.

Dr?
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dr? » 18 Sep 2017, 14:32

Be nice to see us put first dibs buy back options on some of these lads. I realise that isn't an option if they're leaving out of contract.