average attendance

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: average attendance

Post by gateman » 16 Sep 2017, 11:56

No doubt TV as hit our gates I have two mates who choose to go and watch us in a pub when we are on TV I suppose there are many more like them, they have 5 pints and are still well in profit opposed to going , I don't know the amount of money we receive from sky I just hope it covers the part time fans

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Sep 2017, 12:02

Totally agree that people have reasons or curcumstances that dictate when they can go. Sometimes we cant have or do everything we would like to.

I also agree with the fairweather stuff but I would imagine most profesdional sports teams have these.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 16 Sep 2017, 12:37

Keep building the on field product
Improvement in the match day experience
Excel in customer service

Bigger fanbase higher demand for tickets

Jobs a good un.

Plenty of scope to tap into the surrounding villages east of Cas towards Selby and York

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 16 Sep 2017, 19:16

ERG2012 wrote:Keep building the on field product
Improvement in the match day experience
Excel in customer service

Bigger fanbase higher demand for tickets

Jobs a good un.

Plenty of scope to tap into the surrounding villages east of Cas towards Selby and York
Fully agree, especially with the last sentence, I can assure you there is plenty of scope and new support in a wide area, if and when we get a new stadium, particularly in those areas. As said the people running the club have done a great job. Just two things I personally would like to ask of them, and I fully accept the first would be a very difficult task, particularly at first. First, try whatever you can / push the boat out etc, to try and get a 15,000 stadium. I accept this would initially be unattainable, but then build the stadium in a way, where it can be eventually built up to 15,000.

If or when doing this, set on / employ a quality customer marketing / promotions person in the way Bradford Bulls did with the excellent Peter Deakin, who was responsible for getting Bull Mania up and running in full flow. He was then poached by Saracens RU, where he increased their crowds from next to nothing, to approaching 20k and that was in a town / area not noted for rugby. He was the forerunner to them becoming to what they are today. It may not have to be someone of his ilk, but definitely someone with a penchant for it.

If we could eventually get a 15k stadium and promote the club skillfully I could see us easily averaging 12 or 13000 and we could fill it several times a season, particularly when Leeds and Hull are in town. We are now getting a great name and wraps already.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 16 Sep 2017, 19:23

Although nothing to do with nowaday attendances but, while away on my jollies a friend loaned me a book to read by an old RL player ( Cesc Thompson) who was given a standing ovation by 9,000 Castleford fans while playing for Hunslet, the year I think was 1952, and as he stated they were a very knowledgeable crowd. Nothing changed there then.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 23 Sep 2017, 16:56

Disappointed with last nights attendance,good job the fleet was in as without The Cods it would have been our lowest attendance of the season.
I know we had a lot of first teamers out,weather not great ,Friday night,on T.V.incentivised by ticket sales linked with the semis.
With our new fan as well.
C.O.Y.F.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Sep 2017, 17:12

casjunction wrote:Disappointed with last nights attendance,good job the fleet was in as without The Cods it would have been our lowest attendance of the season.
I know we had a lot of first teamers out,weather not great ,Friday night,on T.V.incentivised by ticket sales linked with the semis.
With our new fan as well.
C.O.Y.F.

I know aBout 6/7 who are normally regulars who didn't go last night.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Sep 2017, 18:06

Good job us long distance fans were boosting the numbers then....we must be mad!