average attendance

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

average attendance

Post by lurcher » 14 Sep 2017, 16:49

don't know what this years average attendance is to date but with the next 2 games looking like sell outs I would imagine that we'll be close to a 9000 average by the seasons end.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: average attendance

Post by gateman » 14 Sep 2017, 17:47

So nice to see the gates on the up just think if the pits power stations and Hicksons were still open paying good living wages we could have hit over 10,000 , 9,000 gates the way things are great, A big well done to all concerned

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 14 Sep 2017, 20:07

Believe it's just over 8500k and should rise in our last 2 games Vs Hull and semi final. Big improvement on a few years back.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 14 Sep 2017, 20:14

The attendances thus far for the regular season average 7,925.
Include the Super Eights it rises to 8,177.
Then factor in the disappointing 5,216 who came along to watch us humiliate Saints it drops to 7,992
A full house for the last game give a season average of 8,199
Very good for a small town in Wakefield but adds weight to the reason behind the proposed capacity of the new stadium.
Some great attendances but also some disappointing ones for the greatest and most entertaining team in Super League or perhaps of any sport in the U.K.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 14 Sep 2017, 20:17

Whoops forgot the semi final how could l
Taking that into account a season average of 8,382.
Missus is in Australia fully staffed tonight time on my hands

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 14 Sep 2017, 22:45

casjunction wrote:The attendances thus far for the regular season average 7,925.
Include the Super Eights it rises to 8,177.
Then factor in the disappointing 5,216 who came along to watch us humiliate Saints it drops to 7,992
A full house for the last game give a season average of 8,199
Very good for a small town in Wakefield but adds weight to the reason behind the proposed capacity of the new stadium.
Some great attendances but also some disappointing ones for the greatest and most entertaining team in Super League or perhaps of any sport in the U.K.
You have got your figures wrong casjunction. The average for the regular season is 8733 and include the Super 8's and it rises to 8836. I am not going to count the cup match v Saints on TV on Sunday because all Challenge Cup games for every side are now extremely poor.

We would need 20,289 for the Hull and the play off game to average 9,000. Highly unlikely as the Hull game could probably be a dead rubber, and many fans will be saving themselves for the play off. A full house at the play off, which it should be, would mean about 9,000 v Hull to attain it, which I think will probably be just out of reach.

The other thing you have got to factor in, is we have had only 3 home games on our preferred day of Sunday and seven out of the 14 games have been televised.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 15 Sep 2017, 12:53

What does "Saving themselves for the semi final" mean? What is anyone "Saving"?

With a semi final ticket guaranteed for buying a Hull ticket eould you think that eould boost the crowd a bit?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 15 Sep 2017, 13:13

I think the hull game will be close to a sell out as people (me included) are buying tickets for that game to qualify for a semi final ticket.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 15 Sep 2017, 13:33

That window has closed , it was a deal to guarentee yourself a semi final ticket . Now you can buy semi tickets without buying a ticket for the Hull game .

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 15 Sep 2017, 14:11

takethetwo wrote:That window has closed , it was a deal to guarentee yourself a semi final ticket . Now you can buy semi tickets without buying a ticket for the Hull game .
Ssssshhhhhhhhh!!! :-$
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 16 Sep 2017, 10:31

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:What does "Saving themselves for the semi final" mean? What is anyone "Saving"?

With a semi final ticket guaranteed for buying a Hull ticket eould you think that eould boost the crowd a bit?
You obviously don't know certain factions of people from Castleford LT. I have lost count of the amount of times, people have said to me, ''I'm not going this week, as I'm going next week''. Unfortunately it's a sad fact that money is tight and not everyone can go every week. Plus both games are on weekdays, and for many it's impossible to go every week when they are on a weekday, myself included. If I put an holiday in for every weekday game, I would simply not have enough left for my own holidays. As we have played every home game bar four on weekdays, it means I have had to miss several in order to go to a bigger one. Normally I would have had to miss out on the Hull game in order to go to the semi, but due to a freak situation at work, I am able to attend both. I accept it was the wrong choice of wording, but that's kind of what I meant.

Also I only just found out the other day that the Hull game is on TV, so I would imagine that would impact on the crowd, well definitely those from Hull as they have no incentive to buy a ticket like we have, even if we end up playing them in the semi, as the incentive would have long gone and the crowd already a near sell out.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Sep 2017, 10:52

So you arent or dont go due to circumstances and nothing to do with "Saving" yourself. I appreciate people cant go for various reasons but this is not explaining people "Saving themselves" is it?

If people choose to not go because it isnt a big game and would rather go when it is a big game then fair enough. Not what I call a fan though.

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 16 Sep 2017, 11:40

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:So you arent or dont go due to circumstances and nothing to do with "Saving" yourself. I appreciate people cant go for various reasons but this is not explaining people "Saving themselves" is it?

If people choose to not go because it isnt a big game and would rather go when it is a big game then fair enough. Not what I call a fan though.
I actually said it was the wrong choice of wording. What I meant was that for various reasons people cannot get to every game, particularly when the games follow each other, like these two do, in a short space of time. I work until very late and normally I would only be able to get to one of them, which would have been the play off. Plus don't forget not every one is flush with money, particularly those with families and who are out of work or in low paid jobs, and with the best will in the world, financially just cannot do both games.

Your right what you say though about fans who have no problem with any of these issues, who choose just to go to the big games. Sadly there are many of these, because otherwise we would have the same crowd for every game that we had against Wakey the other week. I know a good few myself, and your also right they are ''fairweather'' fans, who wouldn't got at all if we were not doing so well. I myself would go to every game if I was able to, and in fact have not missed one weekend / Sunday game, home or away all season. Sadly for me, Thursday and Friday has practically taken over.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 16 Sep 2017, 11:54

ive spent £75 on semi final tickets for the family this month and had to put another £200 aside Incase we get to old Trafford whilst starting to put away for season tickets for next year. For some families this just isn't possible so I fully understand those that have to pick and choose their games or which family member attends.

I don't like the way it's going if we arnt careful we are going to go the way of football that prices families out of the sport.money for leisure is short in most households and bills come first,once a family is lost due to cost they rarely come back and when mums and dads don't go then neither do the kids and those are the paying adults of the future. I appreciate its a balancing act that clubs have to consider and such decisions shape a clubs future.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 16 Sep 2017, 11:55

I assume he meant saving as in saving money and/or holiday days from work.

Also by this logic am I to conclude that our number of 'fans' is equal to the number of cas fans in attendance at our lowest attended game this season? Less than 6,000 v Saints in the cup weren't it?
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Sep 2017, 11:56

No doubt TV as hit our gates I have two mates who choose to go and watch us in a pub when we are on TV I suppose there are many more like them, they have 5 pints and are still well in profit opposed to going , I don't know the amount of money we receive from sky I just hope it covers the part time fans

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Sep 2017, 12:02

Totally agree that people have reasons or curcumstances that dictate when they can go. Sometimes we cant have or do everything we would like to.

I also agree with the fairweather stuff but I would imagine most profesdional sports teams have these.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 16 Sep 2017, 12:37

Keep building the on field product
Improvement in the match day experience
Excel in customer service

Bigger fanbase higher demand for tickets

Jobs a good un.

Plenty of scope to tap into the surrounding villages east of Cas towards Selby and York

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 16 Sep 2017, 19:16

ERG2012 wrote:Keep building the on field product
Improvement in the match day experience
Excel in customer service

Bigger fanbase higher demand for tickets

Jobs a good un.

Plenty of scope to tap into the surrounding villages east of Cas towards Selby and York
Fully agree, especially with the last sentence, I can assure you there is plenty of scope and new support in a wide area, if and when we get a new stadium, particularly in those areas. As said the people running the club have done a great job. Just two things I personally would like to ask of them, and I fully accept the first would be a very difficult task, particularly at first. First, try whatever you can / push the boat out etc, to try and get a 15,000 stadium. I accept this would initially be unattainable, but then build the stadium in a way, where it can be eventually built up to 15,000.

If or when doing this, set on / employ a quality customer marketing / promotions person in the way Bradford Bulls did with the excellent Peter Deakin, who was responsible for getting Bull Mania up and running in full flow. He was then poached by Saracens RU, where he increased their crowds from next to nothing, to approaching 20k and that was in a town / area not noted for rugby. He was the forerunner to them becoming to what they are today. It may not have to be someone of his ilk, but definitely someone with a penchant for it.

If we could eventually get a 15k stadium and promote the club skillfully I could see us easily averaging 12 or 13000 and we could fill it several times a season, particularly when Leeds and Hull are in town. We are now getting a great name and wraps already.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 16 Sep 2017, 19:23

Although nothing to do with nowaday attendances but, while away on my jollies a friend loaned me a book to read by an old RL player ( Cesc Thompson) who was given a standing ovation by 9,000 Castleford fans while playing for Hunslet, the year I think was 1952, and as he stated they were a very knowledgeable crowd. Nothing changed there then.