Luke Gale

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Luke Gale

Post by braytontiger » 14 Sep 2017, 19:14

Mysterio wrote:
takethetwo wrote:Reports from DP saying Luke is 50/50 to make the semi and it will be Gales choice .
Source?

This may be Gales first and last chance to reach & maybe win a Grand Final.

I'm pretty certain he'll play. Especially if the wound itself is 3 tiny incisions via KH.
IF NOT the semi, definitely the GF.
Darryl Powell on radio Leeds and super league web page. All positive so fingers crossed,galey back down at training Saturday to see the lads.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 14 Sep 2017, 21:56

braytontiger wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
takethetwo wrote:Reports from DP saying Luke is 50/50 to make the semi and it will be Gales choice .
Source?

I'm pretty certain he'll play. Especially if the wound itself is 3 tiny incisions via KH.
Darryl Powell on radio Leeds and super league web page. All positive so fingers crossed,galey back down at training Saturday to see the lads.
I'm not sure Gale would risk his World cup spot for the semi final if one knock meant being out for a long while. While he plays a world cup won't be in Aus again so he will be desperate to be fit for that. He will have plenty more chances to win Superleague.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Sep 2017, 22:38

InTheKnow wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Source?

I'm not sure Gale would risk his World cup spot for the semi final if one knock meant being out for a long while. While he plays a world cup won't be in Aus again so he will be desperate to be fit for that. He will have plenty more chances to win Superleague.
I would have thought the risk of further injury would be minimal,it's more a case of is he fit enough to do himself justice if he plays. Has for taking a backseat to guarantee a World Cup spot! Never he will be desperate to play this is a bloke that's cheesed off that he's having to miss training never mind a game.

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 15 Sep 2017, 08:09

We were speaking to Luke a couple of days after winning the LLS and he was so proud to play for our club and with the team and to be honest I would be very surprised if he put playing against Australia in front of playing for our club. The way he was speaking was club and team first country as an added bonus. He is determined to get to the grand final so if he is fit he will play

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 15 Sep 2017, 12:30

InTheKnow wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Source?

If you asked him......- he'd prefer to win SL with Cas than go on tour. Just sayin.
Audacter Et Sincere

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 15 Sep 2017, 12:42

According to today's York's Post, as well as the comments about Gale making the decision the story includes reference to the surgery being of a 'keyhole' type and therefore the likelihood of reduced recovery time.

On this subject, can you perform an appendectomy via keyhole surgery? I've still not seen any details on whether the appendix has been removed...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 15 Sep 2017, 12:47

Flat Capper wrote:According to today's York's Post, as well as the comments about Gale making the decision the story includes reference to the surgery being of a 'keyhole' type and therefore the likelihood of reduced recovery time.

On this subject, can you perform an appendectomy via keyhole surgery? I've still not seen any details on whether the appendix has been removed...
Just checked NHS website. Keyhole surgery is preferred method of removal. Discharge from hospital usually one day, avoid strenuous activity for 4 to 6 weeks!

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 15 Sep 2017, 12:56

cogito ergo sum wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:According to today's York's Post, as well as the comments about Gale making the decision the story includes reference to the surgery being of a 'keyhole' type and therefore the likelihood of reduced recovery time.

Just checked NHS website. Keyhole surgery is preferred method of removal. Discharge from hospital usually one day, avoid strenuous activity for 4 to 6 weeks!
What gives me hope is I had a hernia in the groin done 3 weeks ago to the day,I went under the knife needing 12 staples,the first week I couldn't move but whilst I'm no rugby player anymore I'm probably running at about 80% at the minute despite been told full recovery will be 10 weeks.the thing with hospitals and doctors is they always give the worst case scenario.id imagine with no major cut inside or out a weeks complete rest and he will be back on his feet raring to go.

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 15 Sep 2017, 13:18

He's had his appendix removed. No point going in and leaving it for it to become inflamed at a later date & so have to go through all this again.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 15 Sep 2017, 13:49

cogito ergo sum wrote:

The marvels of modern medicine!

Anyway, I assume 4-6 weeks is for mere mortals like me and an athlete may recover quicker. I'ts a funny old thing the appendix.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 15 Sep 2017, 14:35

TBH FC I think it varies from case to case. We all know younger and fitter you are the quicker you heal. Add in the mix a higher calibre of treatment, medication, nutrients, and rehab its a better scenario for a quicker recovery. I'm sure Luke is on a personal missing to give himself the very best opportunity to be ready as soon as possible with the advise of Surgeons/Consultants along with Matty, Coops and the backroom team.

Ultimately it will be his call and his discussion with Daryl regarding his wellbeing and fitness.

We can all consult "Dr Google" which will give general timings but every case is unique.

Dr?
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dr? » 15 Sep 2017, 14:59

ERG2012 wrote:personal missing
Missing?!? Careful, you'll have more rumours started ;)

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 15 Sep 2017, 16:04

Dr? wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:personal missing
Missing?!? Careful, you'll have more rumours started ;)
Well Spotted *mission 6/10 - must try harder