Luke Gale

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Re: Luke Gale

Post by mdean » 13 Sep 2017, 19:18

Better now when we have a couple of games I guess to drill changes than in a couple of weeks - I know that sounds cynical, it is a mans health - I didn't mean it like that.
On a practical level, having to draft someone in the day before a must win game would be loads of pressure - at least we get a couple of games to prep and plan and drill some things before it matters most.

No doubt it is a big loss, but get well soon Luke is the main thing.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Sep 2017, 21:50

old cas lass has already posted a link where Salford player mal alker played 15 days after having his appendix out so there is still hope. I think things will become clearer next week.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 13 Sep 2017, 23:13

ERG2012 wrote:I'm no medical expert but once he's got a few days off under his belt would a cryogenic chamber speed up his rehabilitation?
There may be some truth in that ERG. I am no expert on recovery times for this type of surgery, but I do know you can speed it up with the right steps. I know a few people who told me that they had recovered from operations, surgery, illness and accidents etc, much quicker than normal, by using an ozone (oxygen?) chamber at a health clinic called 'Concious Health' based at Carlton St, Halifax. (I've still got the address). They were all very positive about it. However that was 6 or 7 years ago, but I am assuming it's still there. However I would not for one minute claim that or something similar would get him back in two weeks or so, but something like that could only be positive, and it wasn't expensive.

It's interesting about the Ice Hockey. That's a multi million dollar sport, with players on 7 figure salaries and among the best paid in the world. So they will have access to the most advanced medical technologies and healing methods in the world, but I would be very surprised if LG would be able to access any.

Also the right nutrition, nutrients help the healing process, but I am sure the club are aware of this. Again I know 1 or 2 people that helped post surgery healing in a quicker manner, by using homeopathic remedies, which they said always helped. The Queen Mother was a keen advocate of Homeopathy, which she always used, and particularly after royal surgery to help speed up her healing, and she lived to 102. I think you would need to see a good reputable Homeopath though. There are certain foods, nutrients, herbal remedies that help repair damaged tissues, bones, muscles etc aiding and speeding up the recovery time, and also things like alcohol, junk food, stodge, that slow down the healing by blocking the system and slowing down the blood / oxygen supply to the affected area. A pure and nutritious diet is a great aid.

Whatever I think the chances of him playing for us again this year, despite my limited knowledge of appendix ops, will be incredibly slight, but as with the case of Malcolm Alker you never know as there is always a freak case somewhere along the line. Look at Tony Clubb, unbelievable, back months before it was thought.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Sep 2017, 06:00

We must be doing well this season as Luke's injury has even made it into SSN!!

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 14 Sep 2017, 08:44

Herbert Latch wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:I'm no medical expert but once he's got a few days off under his belt would a cryogenic chamber speed up his rehabilitation?
There may be some truth in that ERG. I am no expert on recovery times for this type of surgery, but I do know you can speed it up with the right steps. I know a few people who told me that they had recovered from operations, surgery, illness and accidents etc, much quicker than normal, by using an ozone (oxygen?) chamber at a health clinic called 'Concious Health' based at Carlton St, Halifax. (I've still got the address). They were all very positive about it. However that was 6 or 7 years ago, but I am assuming it's still there. However I would not for one minute claim that or something similar would get him back in two weeks or so, but something like that could only be positive, and it wasn't expensive.

It's interesting about the Ice Hockey. That's a multi million dollar sport, with players on 7 figure salaries and among the best paid in the world. So they will have access to the most advanced medical technologies and healing methods in the world, but I would be very surprised if LG would be able to access any.

Also the right nutrition, nutrients help the healing process, but I am sure the club are aware of this. Again I know 1 or 2 people that helped post surgery healing in a quicker manner, by using homeopathic remedies, which they said always helped. The Queen Mother was a keen advocate of Homeopathy, which she always used, and particularly after royal surgery to help speed up her healing, and she lived to 102. I think you would need to see a good reputable Homeopath though. There are certain foods, nutrients, herbal remedies that help repair damaged tissues, bones, muscles etc aiding and speeding up the recovery time, and also things like alcohol, junk food, stodge, that slow down the healing by blocking the system and slowing down the blood / oxygen supply to the affected area. A pure and nutritious diet is a great aid.

Whatever I think the chances of him playing for us again this year, despite my limited knowledge of appendix ops, will be incredibly slight, but as with the case of Malcolm Alker you never know as there is always a freak case somewhere along the line. Look at Tony Clubb, unbelievable, back months before it was thought.
Do you mean a hyperbaric oxygen treatment chamber? Motorbike riders use 1 on the Isle of Man, and if I remember correctly Wigan used 1 after a world club challenge.

Alfiedog
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Alfiedog » 14 Sep 2017, 09:15

Fumper27 wrote:We must be doing well this season as Luke's injury has even made it into SSN!!
I'm surprised they found time to fit it in between all the garbage they come up about football that fills 99% of the programme.
I suppose they could have linked it to what football team he supports, what was the last football match he watched, does he know any footballers etc etc etc

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 14 Sep 2017, 09:23

Alfiedog wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:We must be doing well this season as Luke's injury has even made it into SSN!!
I'm surprised they found time to fit it in between all the garbage they come up about football that fills 99% of the programme.
I suppose they could have linked it to what football team he supports, what was the last football match he watched, does he know any footballers etc etc etc
Probably added as an appendix....

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 Sep 2017, 09:49

What are the risks of coming back too early? Apart from the obvious discomfort? Anyone know.

I bet Luke has sat there this morning actually thinking 'I could play against Wigan if I really wanted to' (know it sounds ludicrous, but I can imagine that being his train of thought!)

My bet is this : he will play in the semi. A bit of superglue and we're ready to rock n roll.

Get well soon mate,
Audacter Et Sincere

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 14 Sep 2017, 12:19

Haven't had a chance to read the whole thread but in all the press reports I've read about this they merely refer to an operation 'on his appendix'. I have yet to read one that states the appendix has been removed, which is the automatic assumption to make but...

Anyway, speedy recovery Luke and if it helps, I went on holiday 4 days after my appendectomy, removing my own stitches after 7 days. Be rate...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 Sep 2017, 12:45

Flat Capper wrote:Haven't had a chance to read the whole thread but in all the press reports I've read about this they merely refer to an operation 'on his appendix'. I have yet to read one that states the appendix has been removed, which is the automatic assumption to make but...

Anyway, speedy recovery Luke and if it helps, I went on holiday 4 days after my appendectomy, removing my own stitches after 7 days. Be rate...
Agree mate, if Andrew johns can play a grand final with a punctured & deflated/reinflated lung caused at half time by a pain killing injection caused by broken ribs, I suspect we have a good chance Gale will be fit come 28th September.
Audacter Et Sincere

Kip Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kip Tiger » 14 Sep 2017, 13:06

Looks like he's not given up on the season ...
Attachments
Capture.JPG

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 14 Sep 2017, 18:39

Reports from DP saying Luke is 50/50 to make the semi and it will be Gales choice .

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Sep 2017, 19:00

Everything I've heard from darryl sounds very positive regards Luke,let's hope he's a quick healer. The issue might not be if he can run or take and make a tackle but can he kick out of hand probably the most crucial part of his game. Hopefully a pain killing injection can get him through the game.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 Sep 2017, 19:00

takethetwo wrote:Reports from DP saying Luke is 50/50 to make the semi and it will be Gales choice .
Source?

This may be Gales first and last chance to reach & maybe win a Grand Final.

I'm pretty certain he'll play. Especially if the wound itself is 3 tiny incisions via KH.
IF NOT the semi, definitely the GF.
Audacter Et Sincere

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 14 Sep 2017, 19:10

takethetwo wrote:Reports from DP saying Luke is 50/50 to make the semi and it will be Gales choice .
What do we mere mortals know.
If it's his choice,l can only see him playing unless advised otherwise by medical professionals.
He's certainly earned the right to go to OT as has everyone else.
What a season,it's the longest dream l have ever had.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Sep 2017, 19:14

Mysterio wrote:
Source?

I'm pretty certain he'll play. Especially if the wound itself is 3 tiny incisions via KH.
Darryl Powell on radio Leeds and super league web page. All positive so fingers crossed,galey back down at training Saturday to see the lads.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 14 Sep 2017, 21:56

braytontiger wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Source?

Darryl Powell on radio Leeds and super league web page. All positive so fingers crossed,galey back down at training Saturday to see the lads.
I'm not sure Gale would risk his World cup spot for the semi final if one knock meant being out for a long while. While he plays a world cup won't be in Aus again so he will be desperate to be fit for that. He will have plenty more chances to win Superleague.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Sep 2017, 22:38

InTheKnow wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Source?

I'm not sure Gale would risk his World cup spot for the semi final if one knock meant being out for a long while. While he plays a world cup won't be in Aus again so he will be desperate to be fit for that. He will have plenty more chances to win Superleague.
I would have thought the risk of further injury would be minimal,it's more a case of is he fit enough to do himself justice if he plays. Has for taking a backseat to guarantee a World Cup spot! Never he will be desperate to play this is a bloke that's cheesed off that he's having to miss training never mind a game.

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 15 Sep 2017, 08:09

We were speaking to Luke a couple of days after winning the LLS and he was so proud to play for our club and with the team and to be honest I would be very surprised if he put playing against Australia in front of playing for our club. The way he was speaking was club and team first country as an added bonus. He is determined to get to the grand final so if he is fit he will play

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 15 Sep 2017, 12:30

InTheKnow wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Source?

If you asked him......- he'd prefer to win SL with Cas than go on tour. Just sayin.
Audacter Et Sincere