merchandising

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Re: merchandising

Post by ERG2012 » 20 Aug 2017, 10:18

And the cost for printing that extra thousand on the initial print run is a fraction of a reprint. Big opportunity missed

I'm planning on having a Canvas printed of the team lifting the shield. I worked in the print industry for a while and I have a good relationship with a quality screen printer

Probably either full colour or Black White and Orange (picking out the players shirts etc. Size will be around 2x3' or 606mm x909mm

If a fancy one PM me and I will add you in the print run and let you know what the costs are.

I will load up the images in the next few days

Cheers

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Aug 2017, 10:25

Could someone not think its a special night people are going to want a programme to keep...its not rocket sience
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 20 Aug 2017, 12:16

Got to admit the biggest weakness at castleford is the merchandising. Surely we going to see summet to buy both logical and memorabilia for winning the league

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 20 Aug 2017, 17:43

ERG2012 wrote:And the cost for printing that extra thousand on the initial print run is a fraction of a reprint. Big opportunity missed

I'm planning on having a Canvas printed of the team lifting the shield. I worked in the print industry for a while and I have a good relationship with a quality screen printer

Probably either full colour or Black White and Orange (picking out the players shirts etc. Size will be around 2x3' or 606mm x909mm

If a fancy one PM me and I will add you in the print run and let you know what the costs are.

Cheers
Just sent you a pm but seems to be in my outbox not sent. If you do a quote please let me know as this sounds great.

Many thanks

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 20 Aug 2017, 21:23

Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 25 Aug 2017, 09:21

I have to agree with these comments and fans have noticed. They WANT to support the club but we are well behind the curve.
We knew we had won the lls before super 8`s so players should have put on the shirt after the match and people would have been going mad for them.
Huge areas that we are missing so rather than moan what can we do............
Who is in charge Hudd of this for the club?
What about a group as a think tank feeding ideas into the person. Getting the feel of what fans want.
We should be pro active not re active in this dept.
Car stickers ? None done since we had the Cas ones done for Wembley a few years ago and a fair few about still.

Lads that work for me can see we are missing a trick or two so come on chaps back up the improvement on the field with the marketing.
We should be investing in PR and social media to drive our fan base.
Everyone loves the underdog winning and we have gained so many fans we need to keep them interested.
My daughter watched the match in London with 20 other tiger fans. They are there so grab them and make them feel special.
Robbo
Truth is always best !

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 25 Aug 2017, 09:25

I went for an interview for a pr/marketing/merchandising role at Cas when RW was there. Tragically, he couldn't afford me.

True story.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 25 Aug 2017, 10:37

WF10 wrote:I went for an interview for a pr/marketing/merchandising role at Cas when RW was there. Tragically, he couldn't afford me.

True story.
Mmmmm....I know that scenario oh too well - he was always on the cheap. Amazing how the upturn we are experiencing now also coincides with his departure....

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 25 Aug 2017, 10:39

ERG2012 wrote:And the cost for printing that extra thousand on the initial print run is a fraction of a reprint. Big opportunity missed

Cheers
image which will be used is as below

Thanks to the folks who have already PM'd me - I have replied with costings. Any others please feel free to drop me a note

Cheers

Cut off time will be Wednesday evening
Attachments
LLS presentation.jpg

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 25 Aug 2017, 12:21

ERG2012 wrote:

Cheers

Thanks to the folks who have already PM'd me - I have replied with costings. Any others please feel free to drop me a note

Cheers

Could you let me know costing pls too. SIZE ETC

I'm not criticising but can't a crystal clear high res picture be used too?

Ty
Audacter Et Sincere

Di
Verified

Post by Di » 25 Aug 2017, 12:44

Mysterio wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:

Cheers

Cheers

Ty
quite possibly a copyright issue, as most photographers would not give permission for their images to be used this way, especially were money is changing hands, profit or no

you need to be very, very careful if you are using someone elses image, sorry if I am killjoy, but I really do not want anyone getting themselves in trouble
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 25 Aug 2017, 13:32

Di wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:

Cheers

Cheers

Ty
quite possibly a copyright issue, as most photographers would not give permission for their images to be used this way, especially were money is changing hands, profit or no

you need to be very, very careful if you are using someone elses image, sorry if I am killjoy, but I really do not want anyone getting themselves in trouble
Already been taken care of

Di
Verified

Post by Di » 25 Aug 2017, 14:49

ERG2012 wrote:
Di wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:

Cheers

Cheers

Ty

Already been taken care of
Good, I just hated the idea of someone landing themselves with a problem, because some photographers/agencies would sue at the drop of an hat

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Aug 2017, 17:46

Robbo wrote:Who is in charge Hudd of this for the club?
Robbo, I assume the Director responsible is the Commercial Director, Mark Grattan. The day-to-day media and marketing work (more ground level stuff) is Michelle Cooper.

I'd assume that both Michelle and Mark Gill, who I believe runs the Tigers Den/Retail, will report into MG and feed back in order for commercial decisions to be made higher up.

But as always, the best person probably to contact is Gilly for any suggestions, ideas and involvement.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 25 Aug 2017, 18:56

Thank you.
Certainly not going to be the one to cast a cloud because there are many areas the club is doing much better.
To be fair it was so bad ,it had to improve.
However I do like Vision with regards to the team and future players. Amazing they want to come now.

Never underestimate the man driving this the "head coach". Take a look at Lineham could be the best winger if he got fit /lost weight and wanted to be a player. DP can do that to lads.
For now I just go when I can and enjoy the game without all the politics.
Robbo
Truth is always best !

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 25 Aug 2017, 21:00

ERG2012 wrote:
WF10 wrote:I went for an interview for a pr/marketing/merchandising role at Cas when RW was there. Tragically, he couldn't afford me.

True story.
Mmmmm....I know that scenario oh too well - he was always on the cheap. Amazing how the upturn we are experiencing now also coincides with his departure....
Which is the ironic thing as when Steve Gill took over I heard that he had to cut ties with various providers of services for the club as the deals in place were outrageous. Suppose similarly we were paying ludicrous wages to certain players during this time too.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 26 Aug 2017, 08:58

I have stopped commentating on this subject as any suggestions fall on deaf ears,

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 26 Aug 2017, 16:04

I am not really convinced that there a is a huge amount of cash to be made on merchandise relating to being League shield winners. Perhaps a replica of the shield, but that would be pretty expensive to produce if of decent quality and could be a financial risk.
Most fans already have their mementos of the season and the league leaders shield. All the games - highlights - tries - interviews etc are freely available on youtube. Fans have thousands and thousands of pics/videos on their phones, facebook pages etc etc.

On the general issue of merchandise the Castleford Tigers have NEVER had so much stock and such a variety of stock in the club shop.

`
cum on you Ford

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 28 Aug 2017, 16:21

This year will never be replicated, so the club should try to make what ever they can from it, we have never won the league in 91 years of the clubs history

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 28 Aug 2017, 18:03

Every aspect is an opportunity to 'upsell'. Someone at the club needs to recognise it and do it, otherwise we will always be behind.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP